Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.greensboro.com/business/...cle_2652ea20-75fb-5b65-8aca-a5140decaddc.html

"Peeples said there is a certain stigma around vape shops and that he invested $100,000 in outfitting The Refinery to address what he saw as shortcomings in the industry, including having what he called a state-of-the-art ventilation system in the building. Customers can watch their liquids being made through a window that looks into the lab."

Too bad HE didn't author the deeming regulations and the FDA did.

I don't know about you guys but I find it pretty dumb to invest a middle class persons life savings into something BEFORE even seeing what the deeming regulations look like.

What if the regulations require the eliquid to be made a an entirely different premises than the actual vape shop?

As of right now it is just fine and dandy for a B&M to throw a couple bottles right on top the counter next to the register and whip up a bottle of juice in front of the customer which costs A $0 investment.

There are just way to many variables that can cause a loss of a hundred grand in two years (or less) for this super high risk investment to be worth it at this time. - 5150

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't know about you guys but I find it pretty dumb to invest a middle class persons life savings into something BEFORE even seeing what the deeming regulations look like.
Yeah, I was thinking that two years ago, when a local shop opened right around the time the deeming was announced. I think they also spent a pretty good sum fitting out the space they're in. This was actually their second store, but it was much bigger than the first and included a new mixing room big enough to handle the demand from both and more. Six months later, the owner told me he'd made his fit-out expenses back. As anyone who DIYs knows, stores that sell house brand liquids make a heck of a good margin on it. They've opened a third store since...

VU Sponsors