Ate people crazy, Vicious Ant $35,000

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is over $36,000 USD right now. People are nuts.
Ebay 281382731689

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LMAO...Isn't the retail price of that thing 500$?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guess I'm outta the loop. What even makes it worth $500 MSRP in the first place???

I wish I could answer that question lol.. I don't think any mod is worth 500$ but thats just me.. I feel like they are fake bids though.. no one would actually pay 20k for that thing..

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's been trolled by self righteous vapers who didn't like the idea of the vendor auctioning the mod as they felt they wouldn't get a look in. A few uk vape forums banned them, accusing them of flipping. It's been done to the vendor out of spite

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I could answer that question lol.. I don't think any mod is worth 500$ but thats just me.. I feel like they are fake bids though.. no one would actually pay 20k for that thing..

I looked at the bid history. Usually shill bidders (bidders that are friends or the seller themselves) usually have only a few feedback ratings. I'm thinking since the seller has zero feedback that it is people are purposely running the bid up just to screw with the seller. Kinda like people did with the PS3 and the XBOX 360. Pissed off people were running the bids up to $20k just to piss the seller off and they would get hit with the final auction fees.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some guys tried doing it to me once on ebay. Ebay still tried to take their cut. Their reply to me was that if you sell something in newspaper in the classified and get scammed you wouldn't expect to be reimbursed would you. My reply back wasn't friendly

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI a lot of Ebay sellers will post an outrageous purchase price when they are low or out of stock instead of just taking the item down. Although Im not sure if this is the case here

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FYI a lot of Ebay sellers will post an outrageous purchase price when they are low or out of stock instead of just taking the item down. Although Im not sure if this is the case here
This thing started out a $100 GBP, I suspect its the UK forum people that the vendor pissed off that are bidding this up. Vicious Ant has said this vendor will Not ever get a shipment from Vicious Ant again.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do. A friend of mine does it. For example he'll set a charger at 10x it's value until it's back in stock. No one yet has wandered onto his page and bought something that way ... yet

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We'll now. We don't know all the facts just yet so most of what's been said across the Web is assumption. It's hasn't yet been made clear whether vicious ant stated they were not to be sold on ebay. But I spoke to ukecigstore today and they denied flipping, said they can see it's been trolled (to paraphrase) and that if they aren't able to sell it to a genuine bidder then they'll sell it with the rest at the ukvapefest. So vicious ant gets a mountain of free advertising, at Vapefest their mods will all be sold out in an instant, and they please the disgruntled forums and vapers who can't get their hands on this batch by getting the vendor banned from multiple forums. I'd say it's working out pretty well for VA all round

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wow, this is just pure insanity! I am glad to hear that Vicous Ant will not be selling to this vendor any more.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, this is just pure insanity! I am glad to hear that Vicous Ant will not be selling to this vendor any more.
Unfortunately they changed their mind and decided that the vendor did nothing wrong by putting the item on ebay. I think it is totally bullshit. Now the vendor has another on ebay and its over 2000 GBP or $3,350
Why sell to a vendor if their going to flip the mod instead of selling at their B&M or online store for the SMRP.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately they changed their mind and decided that the vendor did nothing wrong by putting the item on ebay. I think it is totally bullshit. Now the vendor has another on ebay and its over 2000 GBP or $3,350
Why sell to a vendor if their going to flip the mod instead of selling at their B&M or online store for the SMRP.

I am saddened to hear that .. I have a hard time believing that those bids are legit anyways. It has to be someone screwing with the vendor. I mean, who would pay that kind of money for a box mod?o_O

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am saddened to hear that .. I have a hard time believing that those bids are legit anyways. It has to be someone screwing with the vendor. I mean, who would pay that kind of money for a box mod?o_O
No that bidding was the wrath of the pissed off members of a few UK forums. That vendor still says he didn't do anything wrong by listing it on Ebay. If that was the case then it should have had no reserve and a buy it now price. He has several he's going to list on Ebay One at a time. Without selling a single one through his online store or B&M.

VU Sponsors