Aussie Streaming Guide: The Best TV & Movies for February 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
How on Earth is it the second month of 2023 already? I’ll tell you exactly how—time flies when you’re binge-watching. I bet my favourite universal remote you did a bunch of screen surfing over the EOY break, so now it’s time to re-up for more. Let’s get to maximising your free time further with the best stuff from a colossal collection of mind-blowing movies, attention-snaring TV series and grade A original content.

Below are the litter picks from thousands of hours of content from Australia's six major streaming networks. Click your provider from the list below, grab some popcorn and kick back into some sweet, sweet escapism.

Table of Contents

New in February on Foxtel and Binge

TV litter pick: The Last of Us – Feb 6: I know I recommended this last month, but I don't care. It's so good, I'm going again. Give this dystopian road trip all of your attention, even if you're a stick-in-the-mud, purist fan of the game.

Movie litter pick: Emily the Criminal – Feb 26: Emily (Aubrey Plaza) is saddled with student debt and locked out of the job market due to a minor criminal record. Desperate for income, she takes a shady gig as a "dummy shopper," buying goods with stolen credit cards.

What notable movies are coming to Binge?

• Love & Basketball – Feb 3
  • Boy – Feb 3
  • Le Week-End – Feb 3
  • Kill the Messenger – Feb 4
  • Far From Heaven – Feb 5
  • The Black Phone – Feb 12
  • Emily the Criminal – Feb 26 – Feb 26

What notable series are coming to Binge?

• Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy: S1 – Feb 1
  • Million Dollar Wheels – Feb 1
  • In Pursuit with Josh Walsh – Feb 1
  • The Last of Us – Feb 6
  • Downton Abbey: S1-6 – Feb 15
  • Red Dwarf: S1-12 – Feb 15

New in February on Netflix

TV litter pick: Formula 1: Drive to Survive: S5: The drivers, managers and team owners in Formula 1 live life in the fast lane -- both on and off the track. This docuseries gives viewers exclusive, intimate access to the people in one of the world's greatest racing competitions.

Movie litter pick: Jurassic World – Feb 16: This has the spirit of the original movie, but doesn't simply rehash the past. It’s a different beast – a self-aware blockbuster which has plenty of heart, humour, and excitement to make it a thrilling summer attraction.

What notable movies are coming to Netflix?

• True Spirit – Feb 3
  • Your Place or Mine – Feb 10
  • Jurassic World – Feb 16
  • The Strays – Feb 22
  • We Have a Ghost – Feb 24

What notable series are coming to Netflix?

• Freeridge – Feb 2
  • You: Season 4 Part 1 – Feb 9
  • In Love All Over Again – Feb 14
  • Perfect Match – Feb 15
  • Triptych – Feb 22
  • Outer Banks: S3 – Feb 23
  • Formula 1: Drive to Survive: S5 – Feb 23

Secure your subscription to Netflix

New in February on Disney+

TV litter pick: Marvel Studios Legends – Feb 10: Marvel Studios: Legends is a series that revisits some of the most iconic moments from the MCU, one character at a time.

Movie litter pick: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Feb 1: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is at its most effective when paying tribute to its fallen king, and strong performances from the returning cast keep it afloat through its occasionally choppy plot.

What notable movies are coming to Disney+?

• Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Feb 1
  • Iron Man: Rise of Technovore – Feb 3
  • Killing County – Feb 3
  • Bruiser – Feb 24
  • Avengers Confidential – Feb 24

What notable series are coming to Disney+?

• This is Us: S6 – Feb 1
  • Kindred: S1 – Feb 8
  • Not Dead Yet – Feb 9
  • Marvel Studios Legends – Feb 10
  • American Dad: S18 – Feb 18
  • Stan Lee's Superhumans – Feb 22

New in February on Apple TV+

TV litter pick: Hello Tomorrow! – Feb 17: Set in a retro-future world, Hello Tomorrow! centres around a group of traveling salesmen hawking lunar timeshares.

Movie litter pick: Sharper – Feb 17: No one is who they seem in Sharper, a neo-noir thriller of secrets and lies, set amongst New York City's bedrooms, barrooms and boardrooms.

What notable movies are coming to Apple TV+?

• Dear Edward – Feb 3
  • Sharper – Feb 17

What notable series are coming to Apple TV+?

• Pinecone & Pony: S2 – Feb 3
  • Hello Tomorrow!: S1 – Feb 17
  • Make or Break: S2 – Feb 17
  • Pretzel and the Puppies – Feb 24
  • Reluctant Traveler with Eugene Levy – Feb 24

New in February on Amazon Prime Video

TV litter pick: Harlem: S2 – Feb 3: A new comedy following a group of stylish girlfriends in Harlem NYC: a rising star professor; a savvy tech entrepreneur; a no-filter singer; and a hopeless romantic fashion designer. Together, they level up into the next phase of their careers, relationships & big city dreams.

Movie litter pick: Somebody I Used to Know – Feb 10: On a trip to her hometown, workaholic Ally (Alison Brie) reminisces with her first love Sean (Jay Ellis), and starts to question everything about the person she's become. Things only get more confusing when she meets Sean's fiancé, Cassidy (Kiersey Clemons), who reminds her of the person she used to be.

What notable movies are coming to Prime Video?

• Night at the Roxbury – Feb 1
  • Almost Famous – Feb 1
  • I, Robot – Feb 1
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers – Feb 1
  • Rambo: Last Blood (Extended Cut) – Feb 1
  • Shrek – Feb 1
  • Shrek 2 – Feb 1
  • Almost Famous – Feb 1
  • Somebody I Used to Know – Feb 10
  • Three Thousand Years of Longing – Feb 17
  • Smile – Feb 21

What notable series are coming to Prime Video?

• Harlem: S2 – Feb 3
  • Carnival Row: S2 – Feb 17
  • The Head of Joaquín Murrieta – Feb 17
  • The Consultant – Feb 24
  • Die Hart – Feb 24

New in February on Stan

TV litter pick: Wu-Tang: American Saga: S3 – Feb 15: An American Saga isn't a glossy tale - despite history being re-packaged and re-shaped for TV - but it's also not a "warts and all" affair. It does what all biopics do. It cherry-picks for the best possible narrative while ignoring the rest, taking liberties where appropriate.

Movie litter pick: John Wick 3 – Feb 11: Chock full of inventive set-pieces and brutal kills, while also providing new facets to the intricate underworld lore fans of the franchise have come to enjoy, John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum pushes its title character to his breaking point.

What notable movies are coming to Stan?

• Groundhog Day – Feb 2
  • John Wick 2 – Feb 11
  • John Wick 3 – Feb 11
  • The Lego Movie 2 – Feb 15
  • Candyman – Feb 26
  • Bra Boys – Feb 27

What notable series are coming to Stan?

• Your Honor: S2 – Feb 3
  • Wu-Tang: American Saga: S3 – Feb 15
  • Broad City: S1 - 5 – Feb 17
  • Bel Air: S2 – Feb 24
  • Killing Eve: S4 – Feb 28

Score your free 30–day trial of Stan

IGN is now on Flash, live and on demand. Stream the latest and trending news for video games, interviews, videos, and wikis. Check it out here.

Adam Mathew is our Aussie streaming savant. He also games on
YouTube.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors