Become a Patron!

Autopod50 Kit by Freemax

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Autopod50 kit by Freemax
Autopod50-kit_05.png

Today I'm going over Freemax's new Autopod50. It was sent to me by Freemax for the purpose of the review. That doesn't affect my opinions one way or the other.

It's an AIO or Pod Mod kit. It's a sleek little device meant for DL vaping. It has a built-in battery and uses two different dual mesh coils. I'd like to say a bit about Freemax before I go over everything.

Freemax has been around for years and I'm a big fan of their products usually. My very first written review was for Freemax's Fireluke Mesh tank. I got it before it was released and was blown away by how great it was. Before the Fireluke Mesh tank, nobody was using mesh as the heating element in their factory coils. It didn't take long for other companies to copy Freemaxs formula. Today mesh coils are pretty much standard but IIRC Freemax did it first. Prior to that, everyone was using wire as the primary heating element. Freemax is a company that has always been into to innovating new products. I appreciate their helping vaping products evolve into what we have today.

What's included
Autopod50-kit20525_04-2-600x256.jpg

I got the sample version of this device. It came with the pod mod, one pod, two coils, a USB-C cable, spare orings, and some literature. Here's a couple photos of my package contents. Pic #1, & Pic#2

The consumer edition looks like it comes with a nice silicon case.

The Mod
Autopod50-kit20525_022-1024x488.jpg

The mod is slender and feels great in my hand. The paint job I got (Green version) is great. There's others with a mirrored style finish but I really like this one. It reminds me of one of those old Eleaf Istick mods. Not sure which one, I've only seen pictures. Like those old Isticks, this one has a built-in battery (2000mAh). It fires immediately and has a nice screen display. The screen is simple and shows your basic information.

The wattage setting is the largest number on the screen. It also has a puff counter (001P), and time you've vaped in seconds. It also has the coils ohm reading, volts, and battery life indicator.

Operating the mod is easy. It's 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off. The up/down buttons are nice and clicky. Click the fire button three times quickly to get into the menu. While you're in the menu you can adjust or reset settings. There's a few features that I like also.

• You can lock the keys by pressing and holding the Up and Down buttons at the same time.

• Hold the Fire Button and the Down button at the same time will flip the screen.
The USB-C plug is on the bottom of the mod. It charges pretty quick (2amp).

The Pods

The pods are held in place by two strong magnets. They stay secure even when flinging the device around or holding it upside down. I check the liquid level by tilting it around with some kind of backlight. Holding it towards a lightbulb or an outside window works best. You can take it out of the device and check the liquid level as well. The refill gasket is on the bottom and pretty easy to use. I've had zero leaking.

It has a built in drip tip. The size and bore is just about perfect IMO. I use the silicon sleeves that came with Uwell Rafale coils as drip tip covers when I can.. Here's what that looks like. Crown 2 coils come with them too. I've saved them and they make handy drip tip covers to keep lint and unwanted debris out.

There is one air inlet that's non-adjustable. There is airflow control beneath the coil via an airflow control ring.

%E5%BC%80%E7%83%9F%E8%A2%8B1-1.gif

Wide open I'd compare it to a Baby Beast tank with half open airflow. I've heard others call it airy but it's far from that. There's a decent amount of restriction even with the AF ring wide open.

The Coils
Autopod50-kit20525_10-1024x427.jpg

The coils for this are pretty large compared to other pod mod kits I've reviewed. I took a comparison photo with an Autopod50 coil next to a Freemax Fireluke Mesh coil, and a Geekvape X1 Mesh Coil (for Cerberus, ect.)

I'll cut to the chase right now and say these coils are pretty great. They did a wonderful job once again. Freemax has been awesome at making great coils for their products over the years IMO. They're calling these AX2 Mesh Coils. FMCOILTECH4.0 (4th verion, maybe their last?) They have SS904 Mesh coils with cotton/tea fiber wicking.

The coils thread into and airflow adjustment ring, then can be plugged into the pod.

I tried to get a photo showcasing the actual mesh used in both coils.

.25Ω Dual Mesh Coil Rated 30-50, (Best:40W)

I've noticed this coil needed to break in with the liquid I used (Dinner Lady Lemon Tart). After vaping about a tank full I noticed the flavor really started to pop. I started low and worked my way up to 40W. These have some really good flavor I must say. I really enjoy them and vapor production is pretty good too. I left the airflow control ring wide open and puffed away. The coils seem to handle long drags no problem. I'm not sure if DLLT is considered a tank cracker but it hasn't done anything to my pod.

.5Ω Dual Mesh Coil Rated 15-35W (Best:30)

These coils are pretty good too just at a lower wattage. I closed off the airflow some and liked them at their recommended best 30W. You'll get a bit more battery life and less juice consumption using these ones. I still get pretty good flavor and enjoyable experience using this one. They create a bit less vapor too. I was going to try 6mg (instead of my usual 3) but forgot. 6mg would probably work great with this coil though IMO.

Specifications and Features

• Dimensions - 94mm by 43.5mm by 24.5mm

• Integrated 2000mAh Battery

• Wattage Output Range: 5-50W

• Voltage Output Range: 0.7-7.5V

• Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction

• Intuitive Firing Button

• OLED Display Screen

• Two Adjustment Buttons

• 4mL Refillable Pod Capacity

• Bottom Fill System - Silicone Stoppered

• FreeMaX Autopod AX2 Coil Series

• Freemax CoilTech 4.0

• SS904L Mesh Coil + Tea Fiber Cotton Formula

• 0.25ohm AX2 Mesh Coil - rated for 30-50W

• 0.5ohm AX2 Mesh Coil - rated for 15-35W

• Press-Fit Coil Installation

• Snap-In Pod Connection

• Type-C Charging Port

• Available in Gunmetal, Coral, Blue, Green, Black Red, Blue Yellow

Conclusion

It's a winner, and I enjoy using it. The coils are great. At times I wished I had a bit more airflow, but it'd probably just dilute the flavor.

I have a personal problem with these kinds of devices. When they're brand new, I can taste a plastic like flavor. I'm happy to say it went away with the Autopod50. I might be overly sensitive to this kind of stuff because nobody ever mentions it. It reminds me of like a "new car smell" that eventually goes away.

This is the perfect kind of device to just slip in a pocket and use when you're out and about. It works just as well at home but it's size and shape are nice and portable. If you like low to midrange subohm stuff, I reccomend checking it out. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer. Big thanks to Freemax for letting me try this out. Thanks for reading if you did.

VU Sponsors