Become a Patron!

AW IMR BATTERY - What Do I Use Until These Are Back On The Market?

I have been vaping for years but stuck to the older products such as Provari, Pressa 75 watt which I run at 6.5 watts, the Mini Jedi, Vamo, and use the AW IMR 18650 2200 watt battery I buy from RTD Vapor. Since this battery is unavailable indefinitely, what should I use in the meantime with safety being my first priority? I am going to be dead in the water soon if I can’t find a suitable replacement. If I need to go somewhere other than RDT, please recommend a trusted vendor as well. Thank you!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If your mods are all regulated, any High Drain 18650 battery, of 20 to 30 Amp CDR will work. I would go with a 20A 3000mah battery for longer vape time.
Buy only Samsung, Sony, or LG brand batteries. (High quality and tested)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep.
The VTC6 is probably the best all around 20 amp 18650 right now.

Thank you replying experts. . The batteries I use now and always have are button tops. TheCromwell - I am on the site you pointed me to finding only flattops. Are these going to work?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you replying experts. . The batteries I use now and always have are button tops. TheCromwell - I am on the site you pointed me to finding only flattops. Are these going to work?
No you will need a button top I think for the provari.
Lemme look.
I think Illumn has button tops for the HG2 maybe?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AHH Lion has a better bunch of button tops.
Here is my recommendation.
https://liionwholesale.com/products...scount-genuine-and-tested?variant=35782220241

that battery is rated 15 amps by Panasonic however Mooch our battery expert tests them to be 19-20 amp cells.
And very good batterys with more capacity than the AW's you were using and cheaper too :)
and in a tubular Provari a 10 amp cell would be fine for you.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the provided links. I have been online all night trying to learn everything battery related. I am not smart enough so I need to ask another question. All of these battery linked sites specify to not use these batteries in vape products. Is it okay to use them because my devices are protected? While I practice battery safety - such as resting and not overcharging practices- my husband does not. Do I need to just calm myself down - ignore the frightening disclaimers - buy 10 units and shut up? I’m okay with anyone replying with just the word yes. Heck - I am annoying myself- I can just imagine how much I must be annoying you expert people. :blech:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For your Provari you do NOT need a protected cell.
And for most other higher powered mods you cannot use a protected cell as they will just immediately shut down.

Following your link to make the purchase now. Thanks for your time - knowledge - and patience. I truly was lost and concerned about not being able to get batteries.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thank you very much for the provided links. I have been online all night trying to learn everything battery related. I am not smart enough so I need to ask another question. All of these battery linked sites specify to not use these batteries in vape products. Is it okay to use them because my devices are protected? While I practice battery safety - such as resting and not overcharging practices- my husband does not. Do I need to just calm myself down - ignore the frightening disclaimers - buy 10 units and shut up? I’m okay with anyone replying with just the word yes. Heck - I am annoying myself- I can just imagine how much I must be annoying you expert people. :blech:
LOL They all say that. Stick to the recommended brand names and battery specs.... High Drain 18650, 20A to 30A Mah will be 2000 to 3000 usually. Samsung, Sony and LG are the most highly recommended batteries used by vapers.
"Store brand" batteries, are generally mis-labeled and are rewrapped factory 2nds that have failed manufacturers quality control tests. Usually sold as factory 2nds to use in flashlights. This is one case where brand name counts! Remember, nobody starts as an "expert". Even experts don't know everything, but they share what they do know.

No you aren't annoying us. We only get annoyed when someone asks a question and then ignores the advice.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors