Become a Patron!

Axiom RTA vs Goblin Mini V3

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am mostly a flavor junky who enjoys a slightly restricted direct lung draw. I mix my own ejuice and change flavors mutliple times a day. My current bench mark for flavorful tanks is the Billow v2 Nano. I build her with a dual SS 316L, 30g dual twisted, 2mm @ .4-.5 ohms. Run that build at TC 430deg. The flavor on this tank is amazing.

I recently made a purchase of the Axiom and the Goblin Mini v3. I've been using both tanks for over 2 weeks now. Below are my opinions of how these two tanks rate. Heads-up that I am not a fussy user and don't find many things in regards to details and "conveince" as an issue.

Axiom RTA:

Flavor:
Flavor is equal to the Billow Nano v2 when using the RBA deck. What struck me on this was the mouth feel. My cream notes really pop, even more so than my Billow. The pre-built coils are not even close to as favorful, I already dissasembled mine to see if I could do a rebuild on it.
Leaking:
Even with-out a JFC this tank simply does not leak or even weep. I think they designed there top cap perfectly so as to not compress the air in the tank when screwing it down. The only juice I've noticed is a little bit being squezed out from the top cap, as it tightens down. Essentially extra jiuce sitting on top from my slopping filling.
Airflow:
Tons of airflow. I actually perfer a tighter draw so I close the AFC to about 1/8 and it's a perfect tight'sh DL hit. Obviously with me building such small coils there is much more open space in the chamber, but regardless there's probably plenty of room build a larger diameter coil and still have good airflow.
Build-abiliy:
Easy. This is where my opinion is probably different than most as I will admit this is a small RBA and this is not a velocity style deck. I just don't see that as a con. You could probably fit some smaller Claptons, but that's probably about it.

Goblin Mini v3:
Flavor:
I was super excited for this tank. I also own a v2 and the flavor on that tank is amazing, so I was thinking this would be even better. Wrong. I think in there attempt to make it easier to build on they changed the atty's dimension enough to really impact it's performance. Don't get me wrong, it still has "solid" flavor, but no where near the older versions nor to that of the Axiom.
Leaking:
No gushing, but it still weeps a bit out of the air inlets. Not a deal breaker like it was for the v2, but worthy of mention.
Airflow:
Nice open airflow. It's hard for me to find my perfered restricted DL hit though. It goes from wide open to closed in a blink. In fact I note no noticable restriction until the AFC is about 3/4 closed then it's suddenly too tight... dunno.
Build-abiliy:
Super easy to build on with it's Velocity posts. I have a theory that Velocity Posts actualy reduce the flavor on tanks as it requires more room in the chamber to accomodate the posts.

There you have it. I am very surprised from the flavor of the Axiom. hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice to see another Axiom user out there! I recently picked one up, soley for the RBA deck, I havent even tried the stock coil heads yet, heh. But yeah, I wanted a nice low wattage dual coil RBA tank, as my only other RBA is my Kanger Subtank Mini (which honestly is really only viable in single coil, yes i know dual coils are POSSIBLE, but not optimal by any means) SO yeah, I got some nice, small claptons in there, 28/36 around a 2mm ID, and it vapes like a champ! LOVING this little guy! Not quite the flavor of my Avocado...(but hey, not much tops the Avocado!), but it is very strong flavor, and GREAT clouds, even at a low 35W! I too endorse the Axiom...and @ $27 at my local Vape shop, you cant go wrong with this little banger.

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am mostly a flavor junky who enjoys a slightly restricted direct lung draw. I mix my own ejuice and change flavors mutliple times a day. My current bench mark for flavorful tanks is the Billow v2 Nano. I build her with a dual SS 316L, 30g dual twisted, 2mm @ .4-.5 ohms. Run that build at TC 430deg. The flavor on this tank is amazing.

I recently made a purchase of the Axiom and the Goblin Mini v3. I've been using both tanks for over 2 weeks now. Below are my opinions of how these two tanks rate. Heads-up that I am not a fussy user and don't find many things in regards to details and "conveince" as an issue.

Axiom RTA:

Flavor:
Flavor is equal to the Billow Nano v2 when using the RBA deck. What struck me on this was the mouth feel. My cream notes really pop, even more so than my Billow. The pre-built coils are not even close to as favorful, I already dissasembled mine to see if I could do a rebuild on it.
Leaking:
Even with-out a JFC this tank simply does not leak or even weep. I think they designed there top cap perfectly so as to not compress the air in the tank when screwing it down. The only juice I've noticed is a little bit being squezed out from the top cap, as it tightens down. Essentially extra jiuce sitting on top from my slopping filling.
Airflow:
Tons of airflow. I actually perfer a tighter draw so I close the AFC to about 1/8 and it's a perfect tight'sh DL hit. Obviously with me building such small coils there is much more open space in the chamber, but regardless there's probably plenty of room build a larger diameter coil and still have good airflow.
Build-abiliy:
Easy. This is where my opinion is probably different than most as I will admit this is a small RBA and this is not a velocity style deck. I just don't see that as a con. You could probably fit some smaller Claptons, but that's probably about it.

Goblin Mini v3:
Flavor:
I was super excited for this tank. I also own a v2 and the flavor on that tank is amazing, so I was thinking this would be even better. Wrong. I think in there attempt to make it easier to build on they changed the atty's dimension enough to really impact it's performance. Don't get me wrong, it still has "solid" flavor, but no where near the older versions nor to that of the Axiom.
Leaking:
No gushing, but it still weeps a bit out of the air inlets. Not a deal breaker like it was for the v2, but worthy of mention.
Airflow:
Nice open airflow. It's hard for me to find my perfered restricted DL hit though. It goes from wide open to closed in a blink. In fact I note no noticable restriction until the AFC is about 3/4 closed then it's suddenly too tight... dunno.
Build-abiliy:
Super easy to build on with it's Velocity posts. I have a theory that Velocity Posts actualy reduce the flavor on tanks as it requires more room in the chamber to accomodate the posts.

There you have it. I am very surprised from the flavor of the Axiom. hope this helps someone.
Litle update here in regards to the Goblin Mini v3's weeping issues. I bumped my typical 2mm build to a 2.5mm and the resulting thicker cotton "gauge" has helped reduce the weeping and stopped occasional gush.
Hope this helps

VU Sponsors