Become a Patron!

Back Again

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I miss vaping allot since quitting. First I had to move which made me homeless. I vaped for a while until my mod and glass tank broke. Then I wasn't homeless so I started vaping again, but not doing DIY e-liquids. Actually buying e-liquid on sale. Then back to being homeless for about another year or so. Now almost a year without being homeless.

I still have some of my DIY stuff. At one time I was DIY with coils and juice and was having a blast. I had a flavor addiction like some do here with about 200 flavors to mix with.
After trying to get back up to speed in the vaping world, it's almost as confusing as it ever was. I saw a sale on a Smok RPM80 Pro Pod Mod Kit for $9.99. What could go wrong? I would like to be more careful about spending this time around.
When it comes to the cost of e-liquid it is hard to beat the cost of DIY, plus get the flavors you want most of the time.

The other day while locking my beloved bicycle on my way to the grocery store I caught a whiff of cigarette smoke near me. It used to make think "yucky", but that day it smelled kind of nice. Scary! After smoking for 40 years I do not want to go back to that again.

I am also glad my account is still here. This is a fun place to hang out.
Cheers,
David

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
OK, There is an issue.
Some of this stuff isn't going to be on the market for very long.

September 9th was the day that products without PTMA's were supposed to come off of the market.
Many vendors are just trying to get rid of stuff.

Now, if it's rebuldable or you can get a lifetimes worth of coils (20+ boxes) at the same time really cheap then it's totally worth it.

Chances are that eventually you won't be able to find coils for it.
That could happen in a week, a month, or a year.
With FDA there is no telling.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I miss vaping allot since quitting. First I had to move which made me homeless. I vaped for a while until my mod and glass tank broke. Then I wasn't homeless so I started vaping again, but not doing DIY e-liquids. Actually buying e-liquid on sale. Then back to being homeless for about another year or so. Now almost a year without being homeless.

I still have some of my DIY stuff. At one time I was DIY with coils and juice and was having a blast. I had a flavor addiction like some do here with about 200 flavors to mix with.
After trying to get back up to speed in the vaping world, it's almost as confusing as it ever was. I saw a sale on a Smok RPM80 Pro Pod Mod Kit for $9.99. What could go wrong? I would like to be more careful about spending this time around.
When it comes to the cost of e-liquid it is hard to beat the cost of DIY, plus get the flavors you want most of the time.

The other day while locking my beloved bicycle on my way to the grocery store I caught a whiff of cigarette smoke near me. It used to make think "yucky", but that day it smelled kind of nice. Scary! After smoking for 40 years I do not want to go back to that again.

I am also glad my account is still here. This is a fun place to hang out.
Cheers,
David

Sanford I see :)
I'm between Leesburg & Tavares. ;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
While I know those particular pod devices are really popular, it sure wouldn't hurt to have a back up of some sort. I do have a pod that I use at work, for being sneaky, but even that, I have a back up for.

What were you using before? As was mentioned, without knowing what will clear the PMTA lists, we might have to solely rely on China for things, so keep that in mind. I've talked with 2 vendors that still plan on shipping to the states.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't just dip my toe in the test water without a backup plan. I went back online and ordered:
Augvape Intake RTA 4.2ml
Color:Blue

Vape Master x Wotofo Serpent TC Full Starter kit 50w
color:Blue

Voopoo Vmate 200W TC Box Mod - P-Red
How I love the clearance sections. I got killed on shipping costs this time around. :(

The FDA henchmen and women are always lurking to kill this industry and have everyone go back to paying tobacco taxes instead of bettering themselves.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you can get used to the position of the fire button on that VMate, you'll love the mod. I've had mine for several years and it's a favorite. And right now, if I'm not mistaken, the RTA I have on it is an Intake! :)

By the way, that Pewter & Red is my second favorite of all the color combos the VMate comes in. Mine is Pewter & Surf Blue. I've considered many times going ahead and buying a P-Red, just never ran across the right price that had that colorway available.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your new goodies! :)

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't just dip my toe in the test water without a backup plan. I went back online and ordered:
Augvape Intake RTA 4.2ml
Color:Blue

Vape Master x Wotofo Serpent TC Full Starter kit 50w
color:Blue

Voopoo Vmate 200W TC Box Mod - P-Red
How I love the clearance sections. I got killed on shipping costs this time around. :(

The FDA henchmen and women are always lurking to kill this industry and have everyone go back to paying tobacco taxes instead of bettering themselves.
I also bought some extra coils in case I liked the pod system.

I had a few Ego's, a dual battery Eleaf, a Vamo, a TeslaCig stealth thingie that I loved until the USB no longer worked and I may still have a KangerTech mod with 3 power levels. I never had anything expensive.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love the Serpent RTAs, be careful of the little nut inside the bottom as it can get unwound off the reverse-threaded 510 pin with screwing/unscrew it a lot...and then yer SOL. I find the old Conquerer RTA to be a bit better but it's trickier to build a single coil on...gotta X-wick it. ;)

Hang in there man and grats on finding a home..it's rough out there. I'm facing an unknown future after my lease runs out in June 0f 2021...rents here are sky-high and there's like a 2-3% vacancy rate.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the warning on the Serpent RTA. I took a look at the Conqueror RTA on Mike's Vapes from 2016. Looks pretty nice and it is cheap if I got one now.
I saw that KangerTech online, it's the Kbox. It might still work though it looked beat up the last time I saw it. Nothing like new and shiny to forget about old stuff.
Best of luck finding an affordable place to call home.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oppsy, I am not getting the Serpent RTA. It is a Warriors Sub Tank (0.5ohm,2.5ML) as part of the Serpent TC Full Starter kit 50w. That would have been a killer deal to get a Serpent RTA with it. Oh well, it's just another backup kit should the Voopoo Vmate 200W TC Box Mod and Augvape Intake RTA fail. I bought the Pod Mod to find out first hand what pods are all about and the price was right.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome back-
:wave:

I have the Smok Fetch Pro 80w and I bought the RBAs for that from 8Vape and I believe they are the ones you can use for your Smok RPM 80w, great to have some rebuildable coils for your pod mod. Pretty easy to use and have great flavor and vape great too.

The RPM80 is compatible with two different cartridges: The RPM80 Cartridge and the RGC Cartridge. Cartridges for this device feature a 5mL e-juice capacity. The RPM80 Cartridge is compatible with the SMOK RPM Replacement Coils and RGC cartridge is compatible with the SMOK RGC Replacement Coils.

these are for DL, these are the ones I buy
For MTL

Last edited:

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am enjoying all the items I bought except a HorizonTech Vertex Plus I got super cheap. I put it back in the box to fiddle with it again later.
I like the Augvape Intake RTA even though the 810 drip tip took some getting used to. It is so short and wide. I had an issue with spit back and could only fill the tank half-way. This has settled down. I am pretty sure the coil I made from the twisted wire was the problem.

I like the RTA so much I bought version 2 along with longer 810 and 510 drip tips. Also, some fancy pre-coils that I have zero clues about how to make myself. Since I bought from FastTech, it will be a month before I can try those items out.

The Smok RPM80 Pro Pod Mod is pretty good as a back-up while charging the two 18650's for the Voopoo Vmate which I really like using. The fire button did take some time to get used to.
I am glad I got the RBA part for the RPM80 as I hate buying sub-ohm coils. I do dread the day when I have to change the pre-installed coil. The screws are so tiny.

The Vape Master 50W is a nice small mod with an internal battery that lasts a pretty good amount of time. The unknown tank that came with it isn't bad, but I did have to research what replacement coils it uses. I bought a 5 pack of KangerTech SSOCC's which are a tiny bit snug but still work. I plan on milking those coils as long as I can.
As much as I like shopping for new cheap hardware, I hope these items last a long time. I have e-liquids to make.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I like the Augvape Intake RTA even though the 810 drip tip took some getting used to. It is so short and wide. I had an issue with spit back and could only fill the tank half-way.
This would be a wicking problem- spit back is usually not enough wick in the coil. Here is a video and hope it helps- just takes some practice with wicking- using too little cotton can be spit back, too much or stuffed too tight cotton would give you dry hits.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This would be a wicking problem- spit back is usually not enough wick in the coil. Here is a video and hope it helps- just takes some practice with wicking- using too little cotton can be spit back, too much or stuffed too tight cotton would give you dry hits.

Twisted wire can also be a huge culprit for spit-back. I don't use twisted for that very reason.

VU Sponsors