Become a Patron!

Back to Chasing Flavors

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bought some ready-made e-liquid on sale (Vapetasia) as I was a bit slow about setting up DIY again after no vaping for over two years. I missed vaping and trying new flavors as well as my old favorites. Vaping the e-liquid sure got me motivated to buying flavors, PG/VG, and nic. Good thing I also got three 10ml empty bottles as I am out of practice. The Vapetasia also came in 60ml Chubby bottles which I plan to reuse, but I want to be sure of the flavor mixes before using those.
I used to have a flavor addiction in a bad way. This time I want to tone it way down, but still have enough different flavors and brands I know and really like. I just place a second order this time with BCF for some flavors I forgot when ordering from Wizard Labs.
Holy Cow! There are so many new brands I never knew about. I stuck to the "old" brands, FA, TFA, Cap, FW, and INW, to play it safe for now.
My favorite ADV was Strawberry-Banana Cream. Of course, I have forgotten the recipe that I liked the most. Some research is in order and I am so glad this forum is still here.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you’re getting back to vaping & DIY.

I’m a big fan of Nick Evan’s he’s known as Nevan’s on Eliquidrecipes.com & Chefs Flavours in the UK on FB.

He has a new recipe I’ve yet to try but its a Strawberry Banana Custard, https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3721320/Northern Lights

I have yet to be disappointed by his recipes & he does sell one shots of his recipes on Chefsflavours.co.uk

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Glad you’re getting back to vaping & DIY.

I’m a big fan of Nick Evan’s he’s known as Nevan’s on Eliquidrecipes.com & Chefs Flavours in the UK on FB.

He has a new recipe I’ve yet to try but its a Strawberry Banana Custard, https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3721320/Northern Lights

I have yet to be disappointed by his recipes & he does sell one shots of his recipes on Chefsflavours.co.uk
Thank you for the link. Looks to be a very interesting mix, though a bit too custard heavy for what I like my Strawberry-Banana Cream to be. I do enjoy custard heavy mixes too.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I started at the very end of the Recipe thread and worked my way forward. I found some of my old mixes. I had really gotten wrapped up in creating many "new" flavors with wacky titles to boot.

I don't see myself getting that involved again. Quick and easy comes to my mind this time around with a shortlist of flavors to work with. I did see a few flavors I should get next time and probably a few more as I check out other's recipes.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That plan didn't last very long.
While looking for FA Mangosteen at another shop than the 2 I normally go to,(neither one stock that flavor), I found a flavor sale at https://riversupplyco.com/ in their Clearance section. I picked up new to me flavors and 2 new to me brands.
A lot of the really good flavors were sold out, but I did spot some exciting flavors to build on.

I did get the Mangosteen (regular price), even though it had only one 3 star review. They don't know the magic this flavor can add to a mix. The smallest amount they sell is 15ml, so this should last me forever at 1-3%.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcom back! I look forward to seeing you in the DIY threads! Yeah.....things have changed. So, so many new flavorings. It’s hard to keep up! Check out Noted....they do a category of flavors every week. They go over them and rate them(in their own opinion, of course). There’s three of them doing it so you get multiple points of view with every flavor.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am on YouTube now checking out Noted. I have spent many hours on YouTube for hardware reviews and never thought there would be a flavor review channel.
Oh hell yeah! It’s a great show for mixers who want to create their own liquid. Enjoy! ID10-T’s flavor descriptions are hilarious....especially the ones he doesn’t like.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I spent the last few hours on the DIY or Die YouTube channel. There is so much content on that site that I had to subscribe.
I wondered about the use of sweeteners in mixes. Now I know why and have added CAP Super Sweet to my growing shortlist.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Oh hell yeah! It’s a great show for mixers who want to create their own liquid. Enjoy! ID10-T’s flavor descriptions are hilarious....especially the ones he doesn’t like.
I spent the last few hours on the DIY or Die YouTube channel. There is so much content on that site that I had to subscribe.
I wondered about the use of sweeteners in mixes. Now I know why and have added CAP Super Sweet to my growing shortlist.
doomed I tell ya..
doomed as doomed can be...
with Gypsy in your life now.???

{me not even two years latter after da gypsy inflance}
organised.jpg
and I STILL DON'T have anything but DA POMEGRANATE

when it comes to mixing THIS???
cran orange sweets.jpg
yet on the BRIGHT side .. she is willing to TRY IT FIRST..
an have never been disapointed with recomendations..

yet your DOOMED @FL_David DOOMED AS DOOMED CAN BE!

welcome to da rabbit hole..
dis way please
1604936228999.png

o ya an another one ya REALLY wanna talk to if ya wanna go in debt with THE GOOD STUFF
is @Smoky Blue her an Gypsy ...those are TWO {out of the Many here}
That KNOW thier flavor profiles in SPADES

Last edited:

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yet your DOOMED
That looks like a nice collection of flavors. My first time doing DIY I had about 1/3 of what is in your picture. I know the pitfalls of wanting to try every recipe I see.
When my 3rd flavor order comes in I will have around 35 flavors which is ok with me. I may need 1-3 more that I have overlooked, but am in no rush to get them.
My goal this time around is to reorder flavors and not get too many new flavors.

Watching the DIY or Die channel I learned about how to use sweetener and FA Premium Custard is supposed to be the best custard and cannot be bought in the USA. The second best in Wayne's opinion is INA Custard which I already have on order. This will be a new custard for me. The online reviews looked very good so I went for it. I research every new to me flavor before I buy it even if it's only $1.
I used to like everyone else and buy Inawera from Poland or somewhere overseas. Between the exchange rates and the extra-long wait for shipping was bearable back then, not so much now.

Wayne says CAP Sweet Strawberry is one of the best flavors. My tongue doesn't agree. I like INA Shisha Strawberry the best and adding TFA Ripe Strawberry to further enhance the flavor in making Strawberry-Banana Cream which I love when I get it right. I will have to fiddle around with the banana and cream part, but I do have TFA Ripe Banana and quite a few of the better creams from FA and CAP. I may have to get INA Banana to mix with the TFA or it might work out just fine without it. It's not like I plan to sell this flavor or get a medal for the best recipe as I don't have a chest to pin it on.

My new goal this time around is to only have flavors that I will use often and will have to reorder. I love mixing flavors and trying new ones, but years ago I was out of control buying whatever is on sale.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
welcome to da rabbit hole..
dis way please
I am on my way.
I did need nicotine as I had been putting off buying some longer than I will admit to. I am pretty sure my mixes will taste a lot better using AmeriNic.
I also added more flavors to get to the free shipping level at Wizard Labs, my first time doing that. The more recipes I looked at the more I realized I was missing a lot of key flavors. I have yet to find a recipe that I have all the correct flavors to make one, but they sure give me ideas to whip up something on my own.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I love love Alpine Strawberry FLV... it's on the expensive side, but very well worth it.
Will be throwing some contests, 1 or 2 for a new mod from SXmin.. the nano.. and...
a full flavor line, including the new flavor release from Flavorah.. sometime between...
now and the end of the year.. and either on FB or VC {vaping community dot co dot uk}

I C U @DaBunny :p :D

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah Alpine is expensive, but it only takes at most 0.2% in a recipe for a really flavorful vape. In most cases it can be used at 0.12% or even 0.06%. My favorite Alpine recipe is @Smoky Blue's Alpine Strawberry Napoleon. It costs $1.95 to make 120ml. Compare that to another one of my favorites, Game Over Custard. That costs me $3.18 for 120ml. Alpine costs a lot for the initial outlay, but it is really a great value.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have added that one to my "maybe list". I have yet to buy any flavors from Flavorah.
I went through this same process with FlavourArt when I first started DIY'ing and the cost of FA was much more than TFA or FW.

Thing with FLV... because you only use so much.. it is even cheaper than FW..
Sure it costs to grab a few.. but then again... I am always throwing contests, free flavors..
At least once a month... somewhere.

In fact.. I have a full line soon.. and 2 mod giveaways.. :D
I can not wait.. I love to share not only my recipes but the flavors and my current mod.
I helped run a few tests on it.. and yeah... SXmini Nano Autosquonker.. The pipsqueak! haha!!
The menu functions as well as the coil and the cap topper.. and omg that drip tip just rocks!! :D

128868002_1278985862463166_7651372135230388375_n.jpg

This is the one... Not sure yet.. which colors I will give away.. but I sure hope to have a bit of fun! :D

Attachments

• 128868002_1278985862463166_7651372135230388375_n.jpg
    128868002_1278985862463166_7651372135230388375_n.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 4

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Now I have a tad over 200 flavors. I also keep an updated inventory on 2 sites, which is new to me.
That looks like a nice collection of flavors. My first time doing DIY I had about 1/3 of what is in your picture. I know the pitfalls of wanting to try every recipe I see.
When my 3rd flavor order comes in I will have around 35 flavors which is ok with me. I may need 1-3 more that I have overlooked, but am in no rush to get them.
My goal this time around is to reorder flavors and not get too many new flavors.
35 + 1 or 3 more = A TAD over 200???

well..........
{{ ya believe me now doncha?}}

an i betcha dollars for doughnuts that there is a LOT more out there, that you wish you had To...

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The thing is that I mix what I feel like. I don't follow recipes or write down what I mix. If it turns out really yummy, I remember what I mixed.

I tried something new. I mixed a batch of BlackBerry Custard juice just minutes ago. It smells good, just haven't tried vaping it yet. But, I am looking forward to it.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The thing is that I mix what I feel like. I don't follow recipes or write down what I mix
I like to make my own recipes the most, but I also like looking at what other mixers are doing. Chances are high I will have to sub out a few flavors if I can and still be close to their recipe. I still use the eJuiceMeUp app on my PC to make my own recipes. I can make any adjustments to the percentages if needed and have a record should I want to make it again. I rarely make the same recipe more than once as there are so many flavors yet to try.
an i betcha dollars for doughnuts that there is a LOT more out there, that you wish you had
No bet, because you are right. I have 30 flavors on my Bull City Flavors Wish List that never gets smaller for too long.
the new flv flavors are finally shipping out next week for testers to test
Cool! That should give me time to recover from the new Wonder Flavors hype.

VU Sponsors