Become a Patron!

Back Vaping Again. ?'s about evod pro

mjavant1985

Member For 3 Years
So I got back into Vaping after three years, and found out technology has gotten alot better than last time I was vaping.

I went into local vape store, nice place, and asked some questions about beginner/intermediate stuff. Well I was drawn to a Kanger Evod Pro because of replaceable 18650 battery and all-in-one design. Coils are easy to replace and is spill proof.

So I purchased it and samsung 25r battery for $30.

After using it for a week now, I like it alot, decent vapor for a small unit, and still cheaper buying a coil a week and juice than cigarettes.

So my questions are, the evod came with a 1.0ohm coil, which I only used 6mg nicotine or less. However I went today to get a few coils and they only sell .5ohm or 1.5ohm only. I bought the .5ohm coils after a brief conversation with the vape shop worker. Should I use these?
Suggestions for upgrades for this mod?

TLDR: Kanger Evod pro. Came with 1.0ohm coils, use .5 or 1.5 as a replacement? Upgrades?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there, glad you are back and the .5's are working out better for you, Welcome to VU:wave:

mjavant1985

Member For 3 Years
Thanks, I'm sure I'll be asking alot more ?'s in the future for my next steup

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Since the mod has a minimum resistance of 0.15 ohms all are safe to use. If the 0.5 gives a vape you like no reason not to use it.

mjavant1985

Member For 3 Years
Since the mod has a minimum resistance of 0.15 ohms all are safe to use. If the 0.5 gives a vape you like no reason not to use it.
I was told not to use the .15 ohm nickel coils as there is not a temp control on this one.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's correct. Nickel and Titanium coils are for temp control only. Kanthal, stainless steel and nichrome would be wire suitable for coils in that mod. I don't believe the mod has enough airflow to comfortably use much below .5 ohms as the vape would be pretty warm. The 0.15 ohms is simply the minimum resistance that the mod will fire. If the .5 coils suit then you're good to go.

sto0ka

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi , I have Evod Pro V2.
I got 2 x 1.0 Ohm coils in pack and when i burned them i could not find any of them in local vaping stores. All they had was or 1.5Ohm or 0.15Ohm.
At first i was , no 0.15 is to low and i bought a pack of 1.5Ohm ones. 20 minutes later I went back to store to buy 0.15Ohm because 1.5 was terrible.

I have Innokin Coolfire IV TC100 and this Evod Pro V2 and i still preffer Evod Pro V2 with 0.15Ohm when it comes to liquids with 80+% VG because of really nice taste , amount of vapor and vapour temperature which is just right , not cold , not too hot.

mjavant1985

Member For 3 Years
Hi , I have Evod Pro V2.
I got 2 x 1.0 Ohm coils in pack and when i burned them i could not find any of them in local vaping stores. All they had was or 1.5Ohm or 0.15Ohm.
At first i was , no 0.15 is to low and i bought a pack of 1.5Ohm ones. 20 minutes later I went back to store to buy 0.15Ohm because 1.5 was terrible.

I have Innokin Coolfire IV TC100 and this Evod Pro V2 and i still preffer Evod Pro V2 with 0.15Ohm when it comes to liquids with 80+% VG because of really nice taste , amount of vapor and vapour temperature which is just right , not cold , not too hot.
My local vape store's had the .5ohm coils in stock, and I never tried the 1.5's as I knew that's not what I wanted.

VU Sponsors