Become a Patron!

Bad reaction to many flavors and/or PG?

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've pretty much only vaped Strawberry and strawberrI had some serious health issues like metabolic syndrome, caused by a medication (which then triggered diabetes), & quit vaping for almost a year. Since then, lots of flavors I loved, specifically Strawberry milk/creams, taste TERRIBLE to me. Not like vapors tongue, but actually burn my mouth like peppers and spearmint toothpaste, and I can smell it from the bottle, on my breath, & taste it from a drop. I ordered $100 of concentrate from Europe and 95% was in pg, and those all have that horrible taste to me except 2 flavors in vg base. It's happening with other flavors too. I recently read another lady's comments about this same thing, and am wondering if anyone else noticed a big change in their response to certain flavors or pg based ejuice in the last year?

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are certain flavors or mixtures which I dislike now. But, none that I've reacted to as strongly as you described.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
There are certain flavors or mixtures which I dislike now. But, none that I've reacted to as strongly as you described.
Ikr, it's so weird. I first thought that something had been changed with Strawberry flavoring, probably due to the government. (I was sick and away from vaping & vaping sites.) But 1 of my Strawberry flavorings had the same bad taste, and it had been fine & was as old as the others that were still ok. Other flavors do it too, hit & miss. I ordered ALL of the ($100 worth!) of 1 shots from Europe in pg base since it was habit, and basically they're unusable or at best taste funky, but the 2 in vg are ok, but still kinda off.
Some of the ejuices, 50/50, 70/30, my own mixes, and store bought, are good, but some have that rancid burning effect, and I can't figure out what they have in common. Some of the store bought ejuice I just got (1st time in years not making my own) have that bad twang when I tasted them, but are great to vape. It sucks so bad that we can't sample ejuice now, with it being so expensive. (I've got some brand new 100-120ml bottles I'm going to try to trade or sell, and some bottles of flavoring and 1 shots. Also a lot of Innokin Z coils, maybe the new Zlide tube kit too.)

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is there nic in these flavors? Nic certainly has a peppery burning sensation if it's not pure, or has gone bad. Also, if you quit vaping for a year (and weren't smoking either) then the amount of nic you used to tolerate would be higher than now, coming back to it. Which might account for it not tasting the same to you...

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Is there nic in these flavors? Nic certainly has a peppery burning sensation if it's not pure, or has gone bad. Also, if you quit vaping for a year (and weren't smoking either) then the amount of nic you used to tolerate would be higher than now, coming back to it. Which might account for it not tasting the same to you...
No nicotine, I haven't used nic in several years. They're just 1 shot concentrates. I ordered most in a pg base since vg is too thick to draw up in a blunt tip needle, and pg seems to be the problem. The couple in vg can taste off, but it's not the extreme pepper taste.
I've seen a couple of others comment online about the same exact thing, and they are all women too. It's definately not vapers tongue.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No nicotine, I haven't used nic in several years. They're just 1 shot concentrates. I ordered most in a pg base since vg is too thick to draw up in a blunt tip needle, and pg seems to be the problem. The couple in vg can taste off, but it's not the extreme pepper taste.
I've seen a couple of others comment online about the same exact thing, and they are all women too. It's definately not vapers tongue.
That's too bad. I personally can't tolerate PG, so even the TFA flavorings I use for DIY are mixed in super small %'ages - like 2%, as they have PG in most of their flavorings. Hope you work it out...!

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Strawberry doesn't agree with me either!! Vgod Strawberry in particular. Literally makes me nauseous. Tested multiple times. This needs to be analyzed. We really need to know what flavorings are made of.

On another note - VG is heavier on the lungs for me. PG harder, spikier throat hit. I have some super cheap but harsh 24mg freebase that is mostly if not all PG. Although harder on the throat it's easier on my lungs. That's my experience.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
12ish watts tho. It's bitey! Lol. But it does the job. I think all new vapers should at least try some high PG stuff. It really could fit a need for people who might have a sensitive stomach. It seems much easier on your system, EVEN though harsher on the throat. Not 24 for a beginner tho, lol, I'm just speaking of PG.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
12ish watts tho. It's bitey! Lol. But it does the job. I think all new vapers should at least try some high PG stuff. It really could fit a need for people who might have a sensitive stomach. It seems much easier on your system, EVEN though harsher on the throat. Not 24 for a beginner tho, lol, I'm just speaking of PG.

Agree with you, new vapers, ought to give most of it a go. That's how you decide you like using max VG like I do. :) I'm happy as long as someone stays off cigarettes. Read you dual use, no judging. Think I rather just vape. What is right for us each is what we each feel right*.

* Aside from throwing cash away on disposable vapes. Sorry but I think that's silly & wrong.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Agree with you, new vapers, ought to give most of it a go. That's how you decide you like using max VG like I do. :) I'm happy as long as someone stays off cigarettes. Read you dual use, no judging. Think I rather just vape. What is right for us each is what we each feel right*.

* Aside from throwing cash away on disposable vapes. Sorry but I think that's silly & wrong.
Nope, you misread. I don't smoke anymore. If I said I "do both" it means freebase and salt.

VU Sponsors