Become a Patron!

Banana cream cake

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a request from my wife for something with banana cream and vanilla cupcake in. Anyone have any ideas where to start with percentages. Maybe add other flavors. I get no one knows all my flavors but I'm looking for ideas and maybe something that could be good from the start that I can improve on. I'm mixing tonight so all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
What are the flavor vendors? As that's usually a good rule of thumb to start with.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Sorry both TPA. I only use FA and TPA isually

Ah okay I love FA more than others as well.:) Hmm try:

4% banana cream
3% vanilla cupcake

Maybe that'll do the trick. Not entirely sure, don't work with TPA too often. I'd give at least 4 days to steep.:D

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TFA Banana Cream isn't very strong flavor for me so I'd be starting around 7%.
The Vanilla Cupcake is stronger so it may dominate at 3% so I'd reduce that to 2%.
Add 0.5% FA Coconut for some buttery-ness.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
The Vanilla Cupcake is stronger so it may dominate at 3% so I'd reduce that to 2%.

Didn't know that about the flavors, thanks for catching my mistakes.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Vaped about 150ml of this mix. I'd try this as is first. Looking at the recipe, I can't help but think .25 - .5% tfa graham cracker clear would go good with this. Seems like I had to let it steep 3 to 5 days.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/559410/E-Juice 2 Die 4 Eternal Love (inspired)
I have everything but the coconut. I have FA coconut. Do you know how these 2 compare? I am steeping the 7% banana cream 2% vanilla cupcake and .5 FA coconut. Now so we shall see how that goes.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think fa would sub ok. Might need to drop the % a little...but I'm not sure. I believe that was one of the few recipes I used Inw coconut in.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think fa would sub ok. Might need to drop the % a little...but I'm not sure. I believe that was one of the few recipes I used Inw coconut in.

I find the FA and newer (reformulated) INW Coconut interchangeable in strength. The non-reformulated INW I feel had more flavor punch YMMV

Ron
--
"Times have changed. It's not like the old days when we could do anything we want."-Don Barzini (Godfather I)

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so this is great. I tried 5-7% bananas and cream with 2-4% cupcake. Never could get the balance right. What does the coconut do that made it work much better than ever? I am thinking maybe even another half% won't hurt. But I can't taste the coconut but it makes the difference and makes no sense.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't taste the coconut but it makes the difference and makes no sense.

At lower %'s and depending on other ingredients used, you don't always taste the coconut, but it does add a kind of creamy "buttery-ness" like Heabob wrote.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That explains why the cake tastes slightly different. Although the vape seems drier it is very good. Do you think it would change the flavor much adding .5 or 1% FA marshmallow. I think that might make it a little sweeter and counteract the coconut dryness. Thoughts suggestions. This is a very productive thread for me

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That explains why the cake tastes slightly different. Although the vape seems drier it is very good. Do you think it would change the flavor much adding .5 or 1% FA marshmallow. I think that might make it a little sweeter and counteract the coconut dryness. Thoughts suggestions. This is a very productive thread for me

the marshmallow prob won't make it less dry .. but will add sweetness.. for a touch of a wetter flavor try a bit of pear..a drop or three should do .. it melds well with the banana .. if I recall correctly, they share a similar or the same molecule in composition.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the marshmallow prob won't make it less dry .. but will add sweetness.. for a touch of a wetter flavor try a bit of pear..a drop or three should do .. it melds well with the banana .. if I recall correctly, they share a similar or the same molecule in composition.
I do not have pear. I will add to my order today for bcv because of their generous donation to hurricane Harvey victims. For curiosity sake what flavors add wetness to juice?

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have everything but the coconut. I have FA coconut. Do you know how these 2 compare? I am steeping the 7% banana cream 2% vanilla cupcake and .5 FA coconut. Now so we shall see how that goes.

I had a look at his recipe in my e liquid app, and the last time I mixed it I replaced almond with 1.5% cap graham cracker v2. I didn't add any comments about how it turned out, but I believe it was ok

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But I can't taste the coconut but it makes the difference and makes no sense.

I think of it as Coconut Oil flavoring when used in lower amounts.
(If I recall, that stuff didn't taste like Coconuts either)
If you want to taste the Coconut just raise the amount above 1%, (or add some INW Coconut).
Unfortunately I'm one of those that can't taste the Coconut part with FA at any amount.
Well, I haven't tried it at 10% yet:eek:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

For some, like myself anyway, adding some sweetness can "hide" the dryness somewhat.
Try adding 0.5% FA Marshmallow and 0.5% FA Meringue.
OR 1% TFA Brown Sugar OR 1% FA Jamaican Rum.
Just tossing out a couple ideas...

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well as I have vapes 60ml and she has gone through 30ish of this with
7% banana cream
2% vanilla cupcake
.5% coconut

She loved it. She hates coconut and didn't notice it. I noticed a bit of dryness and a lot of change after another week or two. So steeping is about 3 weeks to get it completely steeped. Mixing also seems like it may be harder with this mix. I draw with a syringe from the bottom after a day of setting and the cupcake seems stronger at the bottom and the top has a more pronounced banana. I have to find a better way to mix rather than hand shaking. One complaint I had was dryness and mouth feel but I am working on that. I will be mixing a batch in the next day or so so I will take a look at what I can do to add a better mouth feel and less dryness and add a little TFA Brown sugar and a hint of Vienna cream to make the cream pop a little more. Next try recipe below let me know your thoughts.

7% banana cream
3% vanilla cupcake (bumped up slightly)
.5% coconut
1% TFA Brown sugar
1% Vienna cream

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
For mixing better, get an electric mixer. I still prefer the ole handshake myself, but sometimes you have to use something better.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For mixing better, get an electric mixer. I still prefer the ole handshake myself, but sometimes you have to use something better.
Do you know of a place to get a cheap mixer? Maybe a brick and mortar so I can get it for my mix soon.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Do you know of a place to get a cheap mixer? Maybe a brick and mortar so I can get it for my mix soon.

You can get one from Liquid Barn. Might be able to get 'em from other places, but there ya go.

VU Sponsors