Become a Patron!

Banana cream perfected on first try!

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys, I had a craving for a dessert flavor and it was late at night. I whipped up a banana cream, and I love it. I don't want to change anything. Here's the recipe

10% Banana TFA
5% Bavarian Cream TFA

That's it. It's simple but it's amazing. I made myself an all day vape! :cool:

EDIT: Whoops. Didn't realize flavor apprentice was TFA haha my bad.

Last edited:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
probably 'Fa'

Flavor Apprentice = The Flavor Apprentice = TFA = 'Fa'
FlavorArt = 'FA'

it's very confusing and a minor difference in the labeling.. but is a detail to keep track of!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just found some FA Banana cream so don't feel bad lol
Would like to add some coconut to it lol
Just remember don't drink and mix just threw away 60mls lol
1% fa flavourart coconut may be good. I have a strawberry mix and the banana cream mongo mix. It doesn't mix well on the same wick.

You could try 3% TFA banana cream and 1% coconut. You may need more banana cream depending on strength you like and equipment. With coconut you will have to feel it out. You could start with 0.5% flavourart coconut and work up. The coconut will need a few days steep to come out. That's all I can give because I have not tried it but it sounds reasonable.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just found some FA Banana cream so don't feel bad lol
Would like to add some coconut to it lol
Just remember don't drink and mix just threw away 60mls lol

I get mostly a Creamy/Buttery effect from FA Coconut, and can't really taste the Coconut part.
Some others get that effect too, especially around 0.5-1%.
But it does make a nice addition to many mixes either way.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get mostly a Creamy/Buttery effect from FA Coconut, and can't really taste the Coconut part.
Some others get that effect too, especially around 0.5-1%.
But it does make a nice addition to many mixes either way.
I made the Scooby snack recipe. It has 1% fa coconut. Great coconut flavor.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes I did but only for a min then lost it to the wife who is now asking fore more :(:mad::mad::mad:
So yes its good :inlove:

ran out of TFA Banana had to use Cap

Glad you liked it haha
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rps-master-list-of-diy-flavor-supplier-abbreviations.38743/

There will be a brief quiz tomorrow. :huh:

Ron
:D:D:D
---
"I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else."- Lily Tomlin

Damn Mr. RonJS, I didn't know this was summer school :giggle:

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not really too sure if you called for Banana Ripe to be used in this recipe. I decided to look for TFA Banana and couldn't find it anywhere so I
figured you meant Banana Ripe. Given the fact that I am just starting to DIY, I was unaware of how potent banana ripe is.
I mixed this recipe down with the percentages provided and was blown away by the chemical/intense flavor that was being produced by the banana.
The smell of the banana completely changed and tasted more like a banana peel combined with a spicy note.
I don't know if this recipe is providing the precise brand of Banana or not, but my mix came out absolutely unvapeable.
Maybe you can provide some insight, I am currently using it as a diluted version to recreate another banana's and cream.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not really too sure if you called for Banana Ripe to be used in this recipe. I decided to look for TFA Banana and couldn't find it anywhere so I
figured you meant Banana Ripe. Given the fact that I am just starting to DIY, I was unaware of how potent banana ripe is.
I mixed this recipe down with the percentages provided and was blown away by the chemical/intense flavor that was being produced by the banana.
The smell of the banana completely changed and tasted more like a banana peel combined with a spicy note.
I don't know if this recipe is providing the precise brand of Banana or not, but my mix came out absolutely unvapeable.
Maybe you can provide some insight, I am currently using it as a diluted version to recreate another banana's and cream.

@creeperfan5236 - Creeper, don't recall from when this was originally posted and with the mixup of the FA/Fa labeling etc was wondering...

Is the 10% Banana TFA ... supposed to be 10% Banana FA ?? for FlavourArt ?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@creeperfan5236 - Creeper, don't recall from when this was originally posted and with the mixup of the FA/Fa labeling etc was wondering...

Is the 10% Banana TFA ... supposed to be 10% Banana FA ?? for FlavourArt ?
The Banana was Flavor Apprentice

EDIT Scratch that..The bottle said FA but I don't see a banana on Flavor Apprentice's site. Unfortunately, the bottle leaked and I threw the bottle out.. It may of been FlavourArt

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Given the fact that I am just starting to DIY, I was unaware of how potent banana ripe is.

Very strong flavor & best used at 1-3 drops, or add a drop or 2 in with TFA Banana Cream IMO.
Keep in mind that Ripe Banana will melt the rubber plunger in a syringe.
And it tastes like:poop:

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
man, I actually dropped the percentage to 8 rather than 10 based off the phrase that less is more sometimes but boy oh boy was it more this time loll. By the way, I did make a new Banana Cream Recipe with only 2 drops and about half a ML of this previous version as the base and am really not digging the candy like flavor that the banana gives off. Can anybody recommend a much more natural banana concentrate? I'd like to keep it as realistic as possible but still have that sweet note added to it as well.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love IA banana myself, but FA isn't as sweet and takes a bit higher percentage in a mix, as high as 4-5%. Start out with 2-3% and work up, but it really does taste like biting into a fresh banana, no candy taste here.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks Teresa! How would you compare it to INW Banana?

As Teresa mentioned, FA is a true to life banana flavouring. Not quite ripe, yet far from sour, it's an extremely natural banana flavour that leaves the onus on you to sweeten or milden/sour its effects.

INW Banana is a sweet candy banana, which reminds me of banana lollies or banana ice cream.

That said, being the lazy mixer that I am, I generally go to INW as it requires less effort to achieve that sweet banana effect, but FA can work better in complex mixes that demand pure banana notes without the added sugary candy elements.

They're very different concentrates, and both well worth trying

Johnny Hotsauce

Member For 4 Years
I sadly have TFA ripe banana on the way to me, so if I wanted to try this with ripe banana should I go 2% ripe banana and 8% bavarian cream or maybe throw some TFA banana cream in? I'm new to DIY so any recommendations on percentages would be appreciated!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I sadly have TFA ripe banana on the way to me, so if I wanted to try this with ripe banana should I go 2% ripe banana and 8% bavarian cream or maybe throw some TFA banana cream in? I'm new to DIY so any recommendations on percentages would be appreciated!

I'd only use 5%, or less, Bavarian Cream, as it gets more bitey the higher you go, and then it takes a month to calm down.
TFA Banana Cream can easily go 5%+, but mild at 3%.
But I'd only use a few drops of the Ripe if adding to Banana Cream.
Maybe 1-2% max if used alone, or with Bavarian.
BTW TFA DX Bavarian is much better and less fussy.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I swear to god. The best Banana Vape I ever tried is Funky Monkey By FAQ. I swear to God I could drink it!

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I couldn't resist trying this one as I've been looking for a decent banana flavour, luckily Darkstar in the UK are running a good decent discount code at the moment, so I now have 90ml of each on it's way to me now :)
So thanks creeperfan for the recipe :)

VU Sponsors