Become a Patron!

Battery question

ouzel

Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone - here's the thing, I always buy mods with an integrated battery because I don't like messing with stuff I don't understand but about six months ago I bought two new mods - an Aegis Geek vape something or other that's working just fine but I also bought an Eleaf iStick Pico 75w thinking it had an integrated battery - which it doesn't (and I know several of you are snickering at that.) :D
But I bought it and so I guess I should use it and also, I want to have a back up in case my other mod gets run over by a bus or something.
So my question is: which battery? I know I should get an 18650 cell - but the manual says it should be one that should be above 25A continuous discharge.
Now is that really necessary? Or is that for people who vape at really high wattage?
Me, I hardly ever go over about 22W but mostly stay in the 18-20 range, my coils are never sub ohm (right now it's at 1.72 and at 17.8w.
The battery I was going to order is a Samsung 30Q 18650 3000mah 15A 3.6V (from Element Vape).
That's obviously 15A and not 25A but again, just want to be sure it's okay and that I'm not going to burn my neighborhood down.

Thanks in advance for any help and for not laughing too hard at my ignorance.

Last edited:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The manufacturer states 25A for a reason, they made the mod, use a 25A battery.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Even vaping at low wattage, I wouldn't use a battery that's under 20A. The Samsung 25R will work fine. Folks here on this forum have used thousands of 25Rs over the years. If you don't find the 25R, try the Samsung 20S, or a Molicell P26A.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have used lghg2's (20a) and 30Q's (15a) in Picos forever, never had any problems. Not saying it's the best for the mod or chip (I dunno), just saying it's always worked fine for me.

ouzel

Member For 4 Years
Thank you everyone, for your answers.
I suspect it might not burn the house down (like dubya314 said) but I'm a scaredy cat :) so I'll just go ahead and order a 25A battery.
Thanks again!

VU Sponsors