Become a Patron!

Battery Safety

Seina_Yamada

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I'm upgrading here in the next few days to a box mod with removable 18650 batterys and thought I'd brush up on my safety because FIRE BAD.

1.) Don’t carry batteries in your pocket or purse.
This sounds like a good idea but a short can set your pants or your purse on fire. Getting a battery case is a good idea you can buy a few for the cost of a single battery.

2.) Do not leave batteries in extreme heat.
Heat is the arch-enemy of batteries it can cause the battery to ware out faster and in extreme temperatures like in side of a car on a hot day can cause a battery to explode and torch your car.

3.) Never leave your charging batteries unattended.
Lets face it you probably got your charger from china, and yes even if it says made somewhere else most of the components where made in china. Overcharged batterys can vent on a charger and cause fire.

4.) Make sure your batteries are properly wrapped.
The pvc wrapping that goes around your batteries may seem decorative to those without experience, but it is actually a key component in making sure that your battery is safe. Faulty wraps, especially around the positive and negative contacts, can cause your battery to short.

Any others feel free to post up I'd hate to see one of our members loose something important to a fire.

Trueman ecig Yilia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good e cigarette always comes with good shortcircuit protection, low resistance protection, this will help make it safer

Oracle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks! And maybe it is a good habit for you to make sure your batteries are not overcharge and over discharge.

I am new and this is my first post but I have a lot of knowledge in regards to this subject from research. There are 5, count email 5, companies that manufacture lithium batteries. If it's not lg, Sony, Sanyo, panasonic, or Samsung then they are rewards. Know that the vast majority of the companies selling these rewards and ok but they are the 2nd hand lower quality batteries from the big 5s' mass production line. They are safe if used to their honest specs. A good idea is to do the research and check. Pegasus Vapor Academy has excellent test data and information on youtube. There are no true peak 40 amp batteries other than LG HB2s most are 20 to 30 amps. This is based on peak amp limit and not continuous amp limit. I only build up to the continuous limit for safety reasons.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That would be the difference between the amp draw calculated for the resistance and voltage stated and the continuous amp draw rating of the battery you have selected expressed in percentage.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With a mech mod the more headroom the better but your main concern is that it doesn't stray into the negative range. With a regulated mod for the most part (unless you operate at very high wattage) just buy a good 20 amp cell by LG or Samsung. With either buy from a trusted seller to insure that you are getting genuine cells and not fakes. Quality cells from trusted sources are no more expensive and often less than the fakes and rewraps. Off the top of my head rtdvapor.com, imrbatteries.com, illumn.com and of course liionwholesale.com. Jon at Liion Wholesale is an active member here and seems to be a good guy who works hard to provide genuine cells at good prices and actively tests to be sure that his stuff is genuine. He gets it and cares whether the stuff he sells is safe for you to use.

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lets face it, most of the time the batteries are unattended even when you are at home, either you're doing something else or you are sleeping.
I just keep my charger on a flame retardant material, to be on the safe side.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup, I found the perfect use for an old DVD burner that was laying in the computer parts box. It works better as a charger stand than it ever did making DVD's.:)

VU Sponsors