Become a Patron!

Battery

what's wrong with my battery when it says "WEAK BATTERY" even though its fully charged? My vape Oxva Origin X and its battery is 18650. Help me I'm a new user

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what's wrong with my battery when it says "WEAK BATTERY" even though its fully charged? My vape Oxva Origin X and its battery is 18650. Help me I'm a new user

Give that a try, see if it helps. In case you miss the video or can't bother watching, do not use a 25 amp or less battery, instead do use a 30 amp battery.

You owe me a cup of coffee. Don't worry I don't drink anything fancy. Plain old caffeinated Joe with a bit of cream & sugar does fine. You owe this because I'm not a pod person. Ha! :D :p More into mechanical mods & RDA/RSAs here.

Last edited:

Give that a try, see if it helps. In case you miss the video or can't bother watching, do not use a 25 amp or less battery, instead do use a 30 amp battery.

You owe me a cup of coffee. Don't worry I don't drink anything fancy. Plain old caffeinated Joe with a bit of cream & sugar does fine. You owe this because I'm not a pod person. Ha! :D :p More into mechanical mods & RDA/RSAs here.
HAHA If it works coffee is on me HAHAHHAA

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
What brand and amp rating is your 18650?
Some18650's that aren't meant for vaping such as something pulled from a laptop battery pack or anything with the name "fire" in it could trip the "weak battery" indicator even when fully charged.

Edit: never mind, i see you've got it :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What brand and amp rating is your 18650?
Some18650's that aren't meant for vaping such as something pulled from a laptop battery pack or anything with the name "fire" in it could trip the "weak battery" indicator even when fully charged.

Edit: never mind, i see you've got it :)
Still, good to know exactly what 18650. Even if for no other reason than a better battery choice in the future.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have a DNA 75 mod that does this sometimes (uses a 26650 battery). I've learned that I have to use an atomizer on that mod that I can run at lower wattage. That mod just does not want to vape at more than about 42 watts.

Dunno how much control you have over the resistance of the coil used on that pod, but it sounds to me like you'd get better results if you'd lower the wattage some and see if that helps.

Also, as others suggested, a good quality 18650 is a must.

VU Sponsors