Become a Patron!

Battlestar sub-ohm Tank - Smoant

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Battlestar sub-ohm tank from Smoant. The Battlestar sub-ohm tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Kristy from Smoant.

http://smoant.com/battlestar-sub-ohm-tank/index.html

In the Box

Contents:

1* Battlestar Sub ohm Tank
1* Spare glass tube
1* 0.4ohm Ni80 OCC
1* 0.15ohm Ni80 OCC
4* Spare silicone o-rings
1* User manual

Aesthetics

The Battlestar's packaging see's the return of the Battlestar yellow, inside we find an average sized, average looking Silver tank (the Battlestar only comes in Silver). The Battlestar might be average looking but it is high build quality which you would expect from Smoant. The drip tip is delrin and has almost a 810 look to it but is in fact a 510 fitting. The slide back section of the top-cap has slight texturing which is purely aesthetic has no grip is needed for the slide open design, the only other feature of the top section is the word "PUSH" engraved where you need to push the sliding section. The bottom section has generous duel cyclops with stopper airflow and a pattern which resembles electric pulses. The 510 is protruding and also on the base is branding and safety stamps.

Specs:

24mm Diameter
Height: 37mm
4ml Juice Capacity
Push to Open Filling System
Battlerstar Coil Family
0.4 Ohm Coil Head Ni80 40 to 60W
0.15 Ohm Coil Head Ni80 35 to 55W
Adjustable Bottom Airflow System
Dual 14.5mm by 2mm Airslots
Direct Air Slots Towards Coil
10mm Proprietary Bore Drip Tip
810 Delrin Drip Tip
304 Stainless Steel Construction
Quartz Glass Tube
Gold Plated 510 Connection
Colour: Silver

Assembling and Disassembling

The Battlestar is a simple but solid sub-ohm tank with very few parts. The base screws off, which unscrews the coil from the air pipe at the same time. Then simply wiggle the glass free from the top section and the drip tip pulls straight off. The coils just unscrew from the base and new coils screw straight in. Assembling the tank is just the same process in reverse.

Priming and Filling

Yes i apologise to the 99% of people who will skip this section but will state the obvious. Priming the coils is just a matter of applying some juice to each of the 4 wicking holes (i normally go round the coil twice) then putting a bit of liquid directly in the centre. To fill the tank just push the top-cap where you see the word "PUSH" and the top slides open revealing a fill slot, then just fill. The Battlestar holds 4ml of liquid and the top slides securely back into place.

Performance

The coils you receive with the Battlestar are very decent, the 0.4 NI80 coil rated at between 40 - 60w i found best bang in the middle at 50W. The other included coil, the 0.15 NI80 coil rated at 35 - 55w which i found best at 40W. Both coils gave decent cloud and flavour comparable to the Baby Beast coils. Talking about the Baby Beast coils they are compatible with the Battlestar so there are plenty of coil options out there. The airflow is generous and i found with the wattage's i vaped at i only needed it a third open which gave me a smooth restricted DL vape.

Conclusion

A solidly made, simple sub-ohm tank which comes with coils that give good flavour and is also compatible with a lot of mainstream coils giving you many options.

Good solid design
Generous Airflow
Good flavour
Good cloud
Simple to take apart
Compatiple with mainstream coils
4ml capacity
24mm Diameter will fit on most devices.

Dislikes

No Innovation
Only available in Silver

I would once again like to thank Kristy from Smoant for supplying the Battlestar sub-ohm tank for the purpose of this review.

http://smoant.com/battlestar-sub-ohm-tank/index.html

VU Sponsors