Become a Patron!

Batwoman: Ruby Rose Attacks Warner Bros, Says Working Conditions Were Unsafe and Hostile

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Former Batwoman star Ruby Rose has released a blistering set of statements aimed at The CW, Warner Bros., and co-stars over the alleged ill treatment she experienced on set.

"Enough is enough," she wrote on her Instagram stories, before going on to discuss the apparent poor working conditions she endured on the CW Arrowverse series. She tagged showrunner Caroline Dries and Berlanti Productions' Sarah Schechter and Greg Berlanti on the post, which came with a warning: "I'm going to tell the whole world what really happened on that set.

"I will come for you so what happened to me never happens to another person again. And so I can finally take back my life and the truth. Shame on you," she continued, expressing condemnation towards some of her former co-workers and producers on the show, which she exited after starring in just one season as Kate Kane/Batwoman.

Rose shared several posts detailing allegations against various people involved in the production, including former Warner Bros. Television Studios chief Peter Roth, who she called out for alleged sexual misconduct and inappropriate behavior. She also took aim at showrunner Caroline Dries as well as co-stars Dougray Scott and Camrus Johnson.

She said Roth allegedly made “young women steam [his] pants, around [his] crotch while [he was] still wearing said pants," and accused him of hiring a private investigator to track her movements, but then fired that person "as soon as the report didn't fit" his narrative. Rose closed her chapter on Roth by saying that "there's already an army waiting" for him.

The actress posted a handful of videos documenting her doctor's visits after sustaining injuries on the Batwoman set. She underwent emergency surgery after herniating two discs from her intense stunt work on the show, which triggered a preexisting injury to flare up and cause her chronic pain, with her spinal cord at risk of being severed and paralyzing her.

She captioned a video that showed her on the operating table, saying, "To everyone who said I was too stiff on Batwoman, imagine going back to work 10 days after this… 10 DAYS! Or the whole crew and cast would be fired and I'd let everyone down because Peter Roth said he would recast and I just lost the studio millions (by getting injured on his set)."

She claimed that she wasn't the only person injured on set, saying that others had suffered some serious accidents as a result of dangerous working conditions. She said one crew member "got 3rd degree burns over his whole body" and that those who were present at the scene of the horrific incident "were given no therapy after witnessing his skin fall off his face."

Additionally, she said that a production assistant was "left quadriplegic" and was forced to set-up a GoFundMe page, presumably to cover medical expenses because the "CW didn't even help her" after the accident on set. She also noted that the show lost two stunt doubles, and accused Dries of having "no heart" for continuing production during the pandemic.

The problems didn't stop with the crew either, at least according to Rose. She called out Dougray Scott for his alleged conduct on set, describing him as "a nightmare" and claiming that he "yelled" and "abused women" but that those overseeing the production refused to put a stop to his behavior. She also accused Camrus Johnson of being an "egomaniac kid."

"So, in closing, please to my dear, dear fans, stop asking if I will return to that awful show," Rose wrote, wrapping up her Instagram stories. "I wouldn't return for any amount of money nor if a gun were to my head... NOR DID I QUIT. I DO NOT QUIT, they ruined Kate Kane and they destroyed Batwoman, not me."

Rose previously said she was proud of herself "for working under sort of interesting circumstances" while in recovery from surgery, though she admitted that she later reassessed the role. The third season of Batwoman just started last week with Javicia Leslie in the lead role playing a new character by the name of Ryan Wilder.

Rose isn't the first high-profile actor to attack Warner Bros., with Cyborg actor Ray Fisher involved in a lengthy feud with the studio ragarding his treatment during the making of Justice League and beyond. Fisher recently said that he'd require an apology to consider returning to the role.

Adele Ankers is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors