Become a Patron!

Best battery for vape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if a nitecore 18650 with 8v would be better than other 18650s for this. I'd be very grateful for expert advice on this issue.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not 100% sure of myself but I don't think any 18650 comes in 8v. Most I've seen only run around 3.7v. I'll tag a few who might better help you.

@f1r3b1rd , @Train , @JuicyLucy , @Don29palms , @snake94115

I'm sure someone ought to know better than me regarding your battery issue. I would think any of the standard 20+amp 18650s would suit your needs. Not sure of any brands I'd suggest.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nitecore batteries are just rewraps. They over exaggerate the specs on their wraps, so you cannot trust what they are claiming. The best battery is going to come from the actual manufacturers, like Samsung, Sony, Molicel, LG, ect.

There are no 18650s that go up to 8v. They are all 4.2 max (3.7 nominal).

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, don't buy a battery from someone claiming an 18650 has 8 v.
You probably saw a Nitecore battery that 8 AMPS, which in general isn't enough for vaping.
As mentioned, you should look for a reputable manufacturer like @Syythe listed, probably 20 Amps or up, and also a reputable dealer. Some that are pretty trusted include Liionwholesale.com, IMRbatteries.com, illumn,com, and 18650batterystore.com.

For any REAL battery knowledge, google your question, and start with the name "Mooch".
(ie. "Mooch which 18650 last longest")
Mooch is THE trusted expert on batteries for vaping, and he's probably got a blog posted somewhere with the exact answer to your question.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Please go to our sister forum to ask any questions about the types of vaporizers that are against the rules here:
Someone will reply
there are many of the same people there that there are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors