Become a Patron!

Best Build for My Setup

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Everyone

I've been vaping for about a year now and would like to start building my own coils. The problem is, and I'm sure I'm not the first here, I honestly have no idea where to start.

I have a Therion DNA 75 W device and I mainly use it on wattage mode. I'm really happy with it and not looking to buy a new device.

I'd like to find out what the best build would be for my setup. What wire should I use? How do I know if I'm using the right power ito wattage?

Should I switch to TC mode if I build my own coils? Again, how do I find the right settings?

Also, is building my own coils worth it? Right now I'm using a Big Baby Beast from Smok with the X4 (45-60W) coil and it's fantastic (usually vape at 52-55W). Great flavor and good cloud. I don't really care about cloud production but if there's a way to get better flavor then I'd be keen to know more.

I am sure you must get a ton of these questions so apologies in advance if I missed anything obvious. Any advice or info you could share will greatly appreciated.

BareVN

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What ohm coils are you used to? what are you going to be building on? RBA, RDA? do you like a cool or warm vape? something that hits hard or more subtle?

IME for a first time build id just start reading online about OHMS law and how it works then grab some 24g Kanthal and just start wrapping some coils using www.Steam-engine.co.uk and have a play around with what you like, its never a simple proccess finding what you like in a build and its a lot of trial and error but very rewarding and IMO far superior to premade coils with maybe one or two exceptions.

suDnd3th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When ur starting out just start with simple staple coils. I found after awhile I wanted to experiment with what I could do and slowly worked into trying different coils.

Biggest thing is ohms law and building to your mods range and your learn what type of coils suit you best as you go. As long as your using a calculator for coils you should be fine. With a regulated device like yours you should be pretty safe. If your using a mech mod you need to be really careful.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors