Best Buy Announces Its Black Friday Plans for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The official date of Black Friday 2021 is November 26, but the official start of Black Friday is much tougher to pin down. Gone are the days when Black Friday was a one-day event actually falling on the day after Thanksgiving. Now it's a week-long (sometimes longer) sales event, and Best Buy announced its Black Friday 2021 deals are officially kicking off November 19, the Friday before Black Friday.

It's a little confusing, I know.

Thankfully Best Buy's Black Friday 2021 plans are out, so we can sort through it together to better plan for what's likely to be a very unusual year for holiday shopping.

Best Buy Black Friday Plans​

November 1: Black Friday Price Guarantee​

Beginning Monday, November 1, Best Buy will refund price difference if a "qualifying item goes lower than your purchase price prior to November 26, 2021." However, in order to qualify for this guarantee, you need to be a My Best Buy or a Best Buy Totaltech member.

Signing up for a My Best Buy account is free, but the Best Buy Totaltech program is $199.99 annually. If that doesn't sound particularly intriguing, one of the many program benefits includes access to PS5 and Xbox orders when they pop up.

November 19: Best Buy Black Friday Sale Starts​

This is the official kick-off for Best Buy's Black Friday sale, and it's promising "1000s" of deals. The specifics of those deals remains to be seen, however. Broadly, we can expect lots of sales on 4KTVs, video games, and the like, and from years-past, Best Buy tends to go hard on the Black Friday deals. I don't think this year will be any exception.

November 25: Best Buy Thanksgiving Deals​

Thanksgiving will see "Black Friday prices all day online." If you dread the thought of venturing out to shop on Thanksgiving, last year saw some major retailers pledging to close their stores on Thanksgiving Day, but they shifted the deals to their online storefronts instead.

November 26: (Actual) Black Friday​

Best Buy will throw open the sliding glass doors of its brick-and-mortar locations to offer up all sorts of sales "in limited capacities," and the Black Friday deals will continue online.

November 27: Best Buy Cyber Monday Deals Begin​

Cyber Monday is a false premise whereupon a push of electronics deals was predicated on the notion people were online shopping after returning to work the Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday, because the internet at their jobs was faster than the internet at their homes. That speed difference is no longer the case for most people, and even when it was, no one was waiting to do online shopping from their office T1 line. Regardless, Best Buy is kicking off the Cyber Monday event on Saturday, November 27, immediately after its Black Friday deals.

Seth Macy is Executive Editor, IGN Commerce, and just wants to be your friend. You can find him hosting the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors