Become a Patron!

Best RDA for beginner?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't want to spend more then $25, is that doable?
Have cotton, have wire, have no special gauge tools or tweezers. Don't think all that is necessary... Want to start dripping getting bored with tanks especially when sitting at home chilling and want to switch up flavors it's not east dumping a subtank back into a container or sucking it out watching the clil etc.... All a pain in the arse!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks dude, probably just buy a authentic version of one of those. Found em on eBay for about $40. Would rather have the real deal then some knock off with threads breaking screws stripping etc etc.

Got to pay to play.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can find an authentic Tsunami24 for around 25$
Easy to build on, good flavor, good vapor, cheap.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't leak at all unless you over drip, but that is to be expected from a bottom airflow RDA.
Not as well constructed as the Kennedy (the one it was copied from), but for the price point it's excellent.

I would pick the regular 24mm one.
The 22mm is too cramped and the one with the glass window is more gimmicky then functional.

It's designed for massive coils though.
So if you intend to build puny coils or if your mod is underpowered, this is probably not the best option for you.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Tsunami 24 gets my vote. I'm using one right now

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my first RDA yesterday. A Tobeco Velocity V2 clone. Put two SS coils in it last night at .4 ohms. Works good for me. Keeping in mind I have nothing to base it on. And it was cheap from Ecig.com.

I got an RDA for the same reason the OP stated. I want to try several different juices and figure this is the most convenient way. Just rewick and drip.

Chris

ETA: This shows my limited knowledge of RDA's. I just noticed my RDA was leaking. I took it off my mod and realized there is a hold in the 510 pin. I guess for a squonking setup?

DOH!!

I'll be looking in the box tonight to see if it came with a solid pin.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my first RDA yesterday. A Tobeco Velocity V2 clone. Put two SS coils in it last night at .4 ohms. Works good for me. Keeping in mind I have nothing to base it on. And it was cheap from Ecig.com.

I got an RDA for the same reason the OP stated. I want to try several different juices and figure this is the most convenient way. Just rewick and drip.

Chris

ETA: This shows my limited knowledge of RDA's. I just noticed my RDA was leaking. I took it off my mod and realized there is a hold in the 510 pin. I guess for a squonking setup?

DOH!!

I'll be looking in the box tonight to see if it came with a solid pin.
How about getting some of these below.Just screw on drip 4 drops and vape.Zero skill needed.

http://www.avidvaper.com/cisco-spec-501h-bridgeless-atomizer/

501H__21316.1340296344.1280.1280.jpg

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm also new to RDAs and have been using a Tobeco Velocity V2 clone and a Tsunami 24. Both are very easy to build for. My personal preference is for the bottom air flow and yes it will leak if you over drip. The Velocity V2 clone is also very good. Most anything with a velocity style deck should fit the bill as those are very easy and great for beginners like me.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm also new to RDAs and have been using a Tobeco Velocity V2 clone and a Tsunami 24. Both are very easy to build for. My personal preference is for the bottom air flow and yes it will leak if you over drip. The Velocity V2 clone is also very good. Most anything with a velocity style deck should fit the bill as those are very easy and great for beginners like me.
As someone who has been building for a while now, I still prefer a velocity style deck.
I remember trying to fit quad coils in a patriot. pain in the ass but got it to work.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As someone who has been building for a while now, I still prefer a velocity style deck.
I remember trying to fit quad coils in a patriot. pain in the ass but got it to work.
Though they have been trying for a while now to replace the Velocity style deck with something new and improved like postless, horizontal clamps, vertical clamps, spring loaded clamps, single hole 2 posts, etc.. nothing is as good, simple to install and to align as the Velocity style deck.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Though they have been trying for a while now to replace the Velocity style deck with something new and improved like postless, horizontal clamps, vertical clamps, spring loaded clamps, single hole 2 posts, etc.. nothing is a good, simple to install and to align as the Velocity style deck.
yup agreed on that for sure. as of now it's the best design IMO, but eventually someone will make a better design somehow. it's bound to happen.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Though they have been trying for a while now to replace the Velocity style deck with something new and improved like postless, horizontal clamps, vertical clamps, spring loaded clamps, single hole 2 posts, etc.. nothing is as good, simple to install and to align as the Velocity style deck.

Like the pharaoh RDA?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a doge v2, I'm sure this will be an easy way to go.

VU Sponsors