Become a Patron!

Best wall wart for Xtar VC4

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys! So I'm thinking of getting the Xtar VC4 charger to charge some 18650s, and I saw that the charger does not come with a wall wart. What would be the best option for that? I have an old Samsung Galaxy charger that's rated at 5v 2amps, will this suffice? Thanks!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could use any trusted 2 AMP charger or buy the one they sell for it.

https://www.xtardirect.com/products/5v-2-1a-wall-adaptor-for-vc4?variant=1073716569
$6.95

I have one of these
5f9a81c3-7164-4f9e-85f7-4f47a3ebd0c6.jpg._CB322379753_.jpg

5v 1amp. This would be safe to use? Kind of a bummer that Xtar chose to not include the power source for their chargers. Gimmick if you ask me.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since it is only 1 amp, you'll be limiting the chargers capabilities.
You could easily charge 2 batteries with it but it'd take eons to charge 4 depleted batteries.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried using mine with a 1A one.
This way it can only charge 1 or 2 batteries as long as you don't use ports 1+4.
If you do, or try to charge more batteries, it will flash the screen and reset every few seconds.

Just get a 5V 2.1A one.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I made a typo, it's a 2amp charger. I noticed xtars is 2.1amps. Why the .1?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the one you already have is 2 amp, you can just use that one.
I only based my answer on your typo.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I made a typo, it's a 2amp charger. I noticed xtars is 2.1amps. Why the .1?
The VC4 charger requires 100mA for it's own operation and the rest goes to charging.

It's not hard to find a 2.1 wall charger, the Samsung Galaxy speed charger is 2.1

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VC4 charger requires 100mA for it's own operation and the rest goes to charging.

It's not hard to find a 2.1 wall charger, the Samsung Galaxy speed charger is 2.1
I didn't even think to account for the device itself! That's good to know!

VU Sponsors