Become a Patron!

Best way to get hydrated

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I havent seen much of him being proactive in vaping, never seen or heard of him at any vape meets or doing any advocacy for vaping, Ive only seen him show devices and push his juice....He used to do some really nice coil building videos, respond to most comments and once he even posted his home line just to help a subscriber....he hasnt done anything like that in a long time and seems to only care about himself recently....This is why I cannot stand him now and I think he deserves a good lashing from the community.
Yep..he is nothing but a shill now.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
True. I grew up on a farm. Had dairy cows and drank lots fresh milk. Meaning unpasteurized. It is safe as long as you know where the milk is coming from. In fact it is better for you. But i would not drink any that I did not know where it came from. That's where you can get sick and why pasteurization was invented. Not sure about the TB but ecoli and salmonella was rampant.

Pasteurization did more to halt the "consumption" (TB) epidemic than antibiotics -- it's much better to *prevent* that infection than try to treat it after the fact. Ditto vaccination for smallpox, which is why smallpox has been eradicated. TB tubercules are very often found in dirt, cows eat the grass, consuming the tubercules... they also shit them back out, they get into the dirt, and the cycle continues and perpetuates. That is why pasteurization is crucial. Without it, we would soon see another massive epidemic of TB such as those pre-20th century, and TB having drug-resistant strains nowadays... that would NOT be a good scenario.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pasteurization did more to halt the "consumption" (TB) epidemic than antibiotics -- it's much better to *prevent* that infection than try to treat it after the fact. Ditto vaccination for smallpox, which is why smallpox has been eradicated. TB tubercules are very often found in dirt, cows eat the grass, consuming the tubercules... they also shit them back out, they get into the dirt, and the cycle continues and perpetuates. That is why pasteurization is crucial. Without it, we would soon see another massive epidemic of TB such as those pre-20th century, and TB having drug-resistant strains nowadays... that would NOT be a good scenario.

Andria
Think I'll stick with coconut water too...I really love the stuff....!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think I'll stick with coconut water too...I really love the stuff....!

Can't say I love it, but I love what it does for me; it's done more for my chronic leg/foot cramps than anything else i've ever tried, and completely rid me of the edema in my lower legs twice now. But I stick with the chocolate-flavored nowadays, and add just a smidge of chocolate milk to make it just a little sweeter. It's truly amazing stuff.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At times I get really dehydrated from our harsh desert climate, between potassium and coconut water plus some sugar free electrolytes I found online, it's not a problem now. I even drop a flavored electrolyte tablet in a bottle of water while hiking, tastes really good too.

When I'm at my house in Ecuador about 10 miles from the equator the sun can cook the water out of your body like no tomorrow. You don't even realize how much water your body is losing by perspiration which evaporates as fast as the desert environment. After a couple hours of hiking you can look at your arms and see a white powdery substance forming, which is salt. Generally if you don't hydrate prior to seeing salt on your skin the cramps begin to set in. In Ecuador I cut a coconut or two open and have at it. Thank god coconuts are very prevalent.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't say I love it, but I love what it does for me; it's done more for my chronic leg/foot cramps than anything else i've ever tried, and completely rid me of the edema in my lower legs twice now. But I stick with the chocolate-flavored nowadays, and add just a smidge of chocolate milk to make it just a little sweeter. It's truly amazing stuff.

Andria
I'll have to try that Adria...sounds enjoyable. I've lived in tropical environments most of my life, guess coconuts are like apples in other regions of the world.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of my favorite vapes lately is passion fruit-coconut juice from Nude Nicotine....it's a really enjoyable vape....!

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At times I get really dehydrated from our harsh desert climate, between potassium and coconut water plus some sugar free electrolytes I found online, it's not a problem now. I even drop a flavored electrolyte tablet in a bottle of water while hiking, tastes really good too.

When I'm at my house in Ecuador about 10 miles from the equator the sun can cook the water out of your body like no tomorrow. You don't even realize how much water your body is losing by perspiration which evaporates as fast as the desert environment. After a couple hours of hiking you can look at your arms and see a white powdery substance forming, which is salt. Generally if you don't hydrate prior to seeing salt on your skin the cramps begin to set in. In Ecuador I cut a coconut or two open and have at it. Thank god coconuts are very prevalent.
En Ecuador, si no me equivoco tiene coco hasta por gusto.
I have to point to @AndriaD 's post because she and I have discussed it at length.
I buy VitaCoco which if I'm not mistaken is from the Philippines and has the least added sodium,
by the case. I vape 100% VG except for the PG in the flavors and
it dehydrates, nicotine does too and I make juice at 24mg.

Since I vape a lot having been a 4PAD smoker I have to keep my potassium up or wake up screaming with leg cramps.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
En Ecuador, si no me equivoco tiene coco hasta por gusto.
I have to point to @AndriaD 's post because she and I have discussed it at length.
I buy VitaCoco which if I'm not mistaken is from the Philippines and has the least added sodium,
by the case. I vape 100% VG except for the PG in the flavors and
it dehydrates, nicotine does too and I make juice at 24mg.

Since I vape a lot having been a 4PAD smoker I have to keep my potassium up or wake up screaming with leg cramps.

I've tried the VitaCoco, and for unflavored, it's not bad, and it does indeed have a satisfactory balance of sodium/potassium. But I can't drink coco water plain, tastes icky to me, so now I just stick with the Zico chocolate flavored, rather than the plain with pineapple juice added; pineapple juice has a bad tendency to make my mouth raw. The chocolate Zico is 480mg potassium, 40mg sodium, and that works fine for me. And since I add that bit of chocolate milk, it's that little bit more calcium, also a good electrolyte, especially for post-menopausal women such as moi. ;)

I think my electrolyte problems originated with my asthma meds, back when I used to take Proventil pills; don't take those any longer, but still with the Ventolin inhalers and Advair inhalable, and all that stuff seems to rob potassium. Plus, menopause means lots of sweating and tears... ;) I've come to the conclusion that anything to do with female hormones JUST SUCKS ROCKS.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anything to do with female hormones JUST SUCKS
Having experienced my wife going through that I don't even wanna talk about it.
Chocolate flavored coconut water sounds interesting.
I like the vitacoco plain but I'll add some Hershey's syrup to a cup and check it out.
Makes me think of Mounds bars

MySaladDays

Member For 4 Years
Good advice. I also like coconut water for excellent hydration, plus keeping my electrolytes balanced.

Andria

Unfortunately, almost every brand of c water is heat pastureurized, or made from concentrate, and other things that make it not as good as just plain water.
http://foodbabe.com/2014/07/15/how-to-buy-the-healthiest-coconut-water-and-avoid-the-worst/

There's probably one or 2 brands, that you would have to buy at health food store, that are actually good.

Of course, at $3-$4 a pop, you can't blame them for wanting to "market" coconut water to you. :)

was looking over the brands, many contain about 9g of sugar, which is approx. 2.5 teaspoons (the cheap ones contain much more) ........sounds like a steady diet of coconut water would produce many "diabetics in waiting" ......

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately, almost every brand of c water is heat pastureurized, or made from concentrate, and other things that make it not as good as just plain water.
http://foodbabe.com/2014/07/15/how-to-buy-the-healthiest-coconut-water-and-avoid-the-worst/

There's probably one or 2 brands, that you would have to buy at health food store, that are actually good.

Of course, at $3-$4 a pop, you can't blame them for wanting to "market" coconut water to you. :)

was looking over the brands, many contain about 9g of sugar, which is approx. 2.5 teaspoons (the cheap ones contain much more) ........sounds like a steady diet of coconut water would produce many "diabetics in waiting" ......
Hey! Hi.
Look for made in the phillipines, imported for, blah blah, no added sugar
those are usually whole not from concentrate. Going to re-read the label on the vitacoco to verify
but really I only care to read sodium content 'cause I'm on a no sodium/low sodium regimen.

I'd prefer it right from the coconut but all the local coconut palms died
and they want a buck a piece for them at the grocery store for the Chilean or Mexican
coconuts and often they're dry.

I grew up busting coconuts open on the sidewalk when I was a kid

Regards,
Hazy

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think Zico is pasteurized, but wouldn't care if it was; pasteurization saves us from a LOT of microbes. Don't care about the sugar; sports drinks have a lot more, and I put 2.5 spoons of sugar in every cup of tea I drink, so... *shrug*. I'm drinking coconut water to keep my potassium/sodium balanced; the rest is irrelevant.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think Zico is pasteurized, but wouldn't care if it was; pasteurization saves us from a LOT of microbes. Don't care about the sugar; sports drinks have a lot more, and I put 2.5 spoons of sugar in every cup of tea I drink, so... *shrug*. I'm drinking coconut water to keep my potassium/sodium balanced; the rest is irrelevant.

Andria
Good Morning, Andria. Got your schedule straight? Not me...I'm thinking of staying awake until 9PM tonight but..I don't think I'll make it.
Going to have to work on it a couple of days.

I only care about no/low salt and lot's of potassium

Started this reply 5 minutes back..Old lady called she's
at the magnet school my son is going to next year
and they couldn't access their own school website, had to get on with the guy
and teach him how to do it..Amazing..

Anyway, Good morning, Andria!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning, Andria. Got your schedule straight? Not me...I'm thinking of staying awake until 9PM tonight but..I don't think I'll make it.
Going to have to work on it a couple of days.

I only care about no/low salt and lot's of potassium

Started this reply 5 minutes back..Old lady called she's
at the magnet school my son is going to next year
and they couldn't access their own school website, had to get on with the guy
and teach him how to do it..Amazing..

Anyway, Good morning, Andria!

My schedule's ok... not sure what you mean. Had to get up a bit earlier than my norm, 'cuz it's payday. Still got that killing headache though. Really hoping this is just some stray virus that I'll get over on my own, so I don't have to tell the doc about it when I go for my asthma checkup in 2 wks; if I do have to tell him, he'll want blood work, which is expensive for us non-insured people; I JUST got done paying him for that sinus infection I had, back in the fall.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My schedule's ok... not sure what you mean. Had to get up a bit earlier than my norm, 'cuz it's payday. Still got that killing headache though. Really hoping this is just some stray virus that I'll get over on my own, so I don't have to tell the doc about it when I go for my asthma checkup in 2 wks; if I do have to tell him, he'll want blood work, which is expensive for us non-insured people; I JUST got done paying him for that sinus infection I had, back in the fall.

Andria
They haven't nailed you for Obamacare or y'all paid the penalty?
Well I could have sworn that I read you say you had your schedule twisted up.
I don't really but need to get back in sync with the rest of the world.
Guess it was another vaper...vaping too much can give you a headache...but it's probably only a virus.

See ya

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They haven't nailed you for Obamacare or y'all paid the penalty?
Well I could have sworn that I read you say you had your schedule twisted up.
I don't really but need to get back in sync with the rest of the world.
Guess it was another vaper...vaping too much can give you a headache...but it's probably only a virus.

See ya

No, I got the "can't afford it" exemption again... when I say I can't afford it, I really mean it! If we paid for Kaiser Permanente, we'd either have to stop eating or stop paying the mortgage... neither of which is going to happen. (and I don't vape very much... still less than 5ml per day, less than 5mg)

Andria

Last edited:

VU Sponsors