Become a Patron!

Billberry Stand Alone ??

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone tried billberry by itself and if so what percentage did you use in your recipe ? Thanks in advance for the help !!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh to answer your ? I usually use it around .5% in a recipe. I have not tried it standalone, but it is one of FA's stronger flavors. To me it needs to be sweetened with other flavors, but that is just my opinion.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a .5%er kinda guy myself. It's like FA raspberry and needs to steep a few days to develop.
Try the ole fruit test base.
Bilberry(FA) .5%
BASE
Fresh Cream(FA) 2%
Vanilla Classc(FA) .5%(FA Vanilla bourbon will work)

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I'm an odd duck I like my billberry strong. I Like to chew on the flavor and I think my ability to vape it at a high percentage must be odd. But I liked it at billberry FA 3% and joy FA 2%. The billberry just was a zingy flavor in the first 3 days and mellowed after that.

It may be worth wilded to start at 1-2% first if mixed with joy FA. But that's just me. And probably is a simple cream recipie the 0.5%-1.5% should be a good place to start too.

There is a billberry thread in somewhere in the DIY section. Just search for billberry using the search function at the top of the page.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would never start at 1-2% on this one. I use it at 0.5% for a cheesecake recipe.

VU Sponsors