VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
We..he..
I'm I tool junkie lol. 2 of 4 tool boxes
fcdc07f11ddeed3c635340fc2faf6932.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
We..he..he..ell, drill me a flush nut and send it over !
Can't have too many tools.
Seriously tho, I painted/contractor, finishing/refinishing most of my life so my tools revolve around that, a few primitive, several turn of the century and into 50'-60's.

I Have some really old paint brushes including a round one like they used a lot in horse/buggy 1800's.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well actually I can. Let me see what I have in flush nuts to work with. How big a hole you want in it?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Will this work for you. Hole is 5mm.
2eaec176fa870c1ab49f58f3e813fc68.jpg
de55b6ce30019bc336b7fe4b385aee55.jpg

I think it must ? Most anyone's more of a boro aficianao than me. I'll buy it even if it doesn't fit.

Here's the stock tip measured at what goes into the top cap. 8.2mm
1689210518260.png

Bore on stock nut, I keep getting 4.3-4.4mm,

If that one is the same 8.2mm right there, can you go wider, like what?, make it 6mm opening?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Still figuring this out. The ground happens where the mic rests,,,right? not where the oring is on. So could just bore it out to wherever there's enough to keep a sliver of the stem, ill call it, for the oring..yes?

1689211408004.png

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
IDK if all nuts are the same 8.2ishmm

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So any of you have a black integrated tip and willing to sell it to me?

I’ve been regulated to using the factory nut and 510 due to my juice choice over the years destroying the ones from BMM that had the aluminum base.

Not sure if Charles is using a stainless base now, nor do I want to buy from China, rather give money to one of you instead.

Hi5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I know where you can get one, custom, got mine 5th bus day from order.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know where you can get one, custom, got mine 5th bus day from order.

I know a few places too, just figured to ask you all in here first if a black was available.

Save a few bucks, and maybe give money to someone that at the moment doesn’t utilize their black plain Jane tip.

I mean most places are $50 or less shipped

Heck, I recently redid my suspension on my mountain bike from

465d7e9c20d327754e9b82b6deb3c275.jpg

DVO

To

22c6bbe65f00b2ea75efdbf683e97632.jpg

Fox Factory…

From Fox Standard
33caee0a70613c55c17cb92f5c99d443.jpg

I should just stop being a cheap ass

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
1689545090945.png

Bought one of these today, Biosplatter SS, coming with black panels.

I saw a BB I really wanted a couple of weeks ago, but was nervous about ordering it then because of the situation at UPS. Not sure it's any better now, but I sorta said fkit. Hope I don't regret doing that. :sad:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really digging some of the colors BBV has transitioned to lately.

Still a fan of plain Jane color-ways, like Dober and RPG (absolute favorite) which I am using as of late (haven’t forgot about you iganeer)

But that one above, especially that person we know that is a *cough Lions fan… could accessorize and have it look really slick.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Really digging some of the colors BBV has transitioned to lately.

Still a fan of plain Jane color-ways, like Dober and RPG (absolute favorite) which I am using as of late (haven’t forgot about you iganeer)

But that one above, especially that person we know that is a *cough Lions fan… could accessorize and have it look really slick.

That Biosplatter nudges the limits - even a little more colorful, it would be too much for me.

Have a Chocolate Mint, Dober box with mint green panels, and a Blue Steel that I replaced the royal blue panels with some black slightly variegated stabwood from that fella in Ukraine. Generally I favor more subdued colors, too. SXK came out with a beautiful dark green this year. Looks great with matte silver accents.

RPG is gorgeous. They also have a dark red (Arson?) that is spectacular.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Biosplatter nudges the limits - even a little more colorful, it would be too much for me.

Have a Chocolate Mint, Dober box with mint green panels, and a Blue Steel that I replaced the royal blue panels with some black slightly variegated stabwood from that fella in Ukraine. Generally I favor more subdued colors, too. SXK came out with a beautiful dark green this year. Looks great with matte silver accents.

RPG is gorgeous. They also have a dark red (Arson?) that is spectacular.

I don’t even fully know why but I want a white one very badly. Would even consider selling my 2018 RPG for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 206534

Bought one of these today, Biosplatter SS, coming with black panels.

I saw a BB I really wanted a couple of weeks ago, but was nervous about ordering it then because of the situation at UPS. Not sure it's any better now, but I sorta said fkit. Hope I don't regret doing that. :sad:

Quoting my own post as a follow-up....I might regret ordering the BB. Tracking on it has been saying that delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. This morning I get up and check it, and it says, "A delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

Anyone considering buying a BB today might want to hold off, or talk to the BB folks about shipping some other way. Apparently the Teamsters are set on striking if UPS doesn't cough up the goods.

I'm not for one side or the other in their contention, I just don't think it's right that I pay good money for the stuff I order, then I'm probably SOL because of decisions on both sides.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Quoting my own post as a follow-up....I might regret ordering the BB. Tracking on it has been saying that delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. This morning I get up and check it, and it says, "A delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

Anyone considering buying a BB today might want to hold off, or talk to the BB folks about shipping some other way. Apparently the Teamsters are set on striking if UPS doesn't cough up the goods.

I'm not for one side or the other in their contention, I just don't think it's right that I pay good money for the stuff I order, then I'm probably SOL because of decisions on both sides.
Would not be surprised at all if they are ordered back to work and back to the bargaining table by the government if they do strike. Too big of an economic impact.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What's mayor pete going to do? threaten them? :cuss2:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tracking has been all kinds of wacked out lately, fwiw. I've had many say out for delivery the day I ordered, not even possible lol. Some stayed that way until delivered, some did not

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's mayor pete going to do? threaten them? :cuss2:
I guess that might be it...apparently govt can only order an end to railway, airlines, or any illegal strike. It is also illegal for federal employees to strike. I thought they had a bit more leeway to do whatever they want to...
Tracking has been all kinds of wacked out lately, fwiw. I've had many say out for delivery the day I ordered, not even possible lol. Some stayed that way until delivered, some did not
Not what it used to be for sure, always delayed and missed scans are a mess. Pretty much everything still gets there, eventually.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess that might be it...apparently govt can only order an end to railway, airlines, or any illegal strike. It is also illegal for federal employees to strike. I thought they had a bit more leeway to do whatever they want to...

Not what it used to be for sure, always delayed and missed scans are a mess. Pretty much everything still gets there, eventually.
Agreed. Only have one of many I'm having trouble actually getting. And I believe that is a customs issue

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Fingers crossed you’ll get an update soon! & that your BB will arrive safely!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Still no change. This is beginning to upset me.

Update: I now see a delivery date of Wednesday the 26th. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dub, aren't you the one who loves the Kayfun so much? Have you seen SV's KF bridge yet?

I might just be behind times. If so, please pardon.
Yup, always loved my kayfuns. I am stuck in rdl rda mode right now tough, so haven't used or bought anything else in quite some time. But maybe I need to build a kayfun 🤔

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I’ve comes to realize I like my BB more than I like my Stash 2.1 Circuit.

Sure a BB weighs more, sure it doesn’t have the fancy DNA75C, sure it uses 18650’s…

But form factor is better, less bulk in pockets, and lastly it fits the door handle of my car… that’s the biggest plus to me… driving back from mountain biking and the stash has ended up on the passenger floor to many times… enough is enough lol

So if any of you are interested in my Stash 2.1… I can take pictures and if you’re wondering what I’d be interested in… yup you guessed it… a BB

I like the 2021+ models with the new firing ribbon (more robust, less failures) and color would be like a Dober, Gray.

Colors I wouldn’t consider… any vibrant or Easter pastel and or splats

To whomever of you are interested and we come to agreement, I’ll make a trade post to make it all legit.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sure a BB weighs more, sure it doesn’t have the fancy DNA75C, sure it uses 18650’s…

But form factor is better, less bulk in pockets, and lastly it fits the door handle of my car… that’s the biggest plus to me… driving back from mountain biking and the stash has ended up on the passenger floor to many times… enough is enough lol

So if any of you are interested in my Stash 2.1… I can take pictures and if you’re wondering what I’d be interested in… yup you guessed it… a BB

I like the 2021+ models with the new firing ribbon (more robust, less failures) and color would be like a Dober, Gray.

To whomever of you are interested and we come to agreement, I’ll make a trade post to make it all legit.

Sounds like you need a Borat… best of both worlds?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you need a Borat… best of both worlds?

Yeah… maybe.

Just never would pay the premium of false rarity… limited is such a better word imo since a single monkey only makes them lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah… maybe.

Just never would pay the premium of false rarity… limited is such a better word imo since a single monkey only makes them lol

I’ve thought about it and come to the conclusion that thats one of the only mods that would possibly replace my BB. You could always get a cl*ne… Mission Astro one I hear is excellent quality too. Similar form factor. Probably made in the same factory and everything…

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ve thought about it and come to the conclusion that thats one of the only mods that would possibly replace my BB. You could always get a cl*ne… Mission Astro one I hear is excellent quality too. Similar form factor. Probably made in the same factory and everything…

Had no idea what the Astro was til just now that’s a no… that’s like paying more than what a BB costs for less of a BB… like Whipped Butter… or Whipped Cream Cheese

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I will trade ya one if you want Don, but full disclosure 99% sure it would be to just trade or sell the stash

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~ I've got these? The dober is the one with wires. The blue steel has the ribbon. But does have blue panels. Can add black panels if you prefer those. Also other accessories if wanted
9c74697ade47dcb42bebf7715c1c5fd0.jpg
c02d97b63870904770a9eaba7ac25cbd.jpg
57785249cb82ca3460aa8a58c98f05f5.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors