Become a Patron!

Blitzen rta

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
Just got my first rta having little trouble with wicking I didn't put enough cotton in it so Everytime I fill it up it leaks but other then that pretty good is this a good rta to learn on right now I'm looking at getting a top airflow rta soon just wanted to get this one to experiment with
5e9432246dbe72d275e0c201f1286eb4.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the VU. You'll get it. I'm not sure about that rta but I'm sure others will chime in.

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU. You'll get it. I'm not sure about that rta but I'm sure others will chime in.
Thanks i wanna get more into rtas and rdas just cheaper to do then buying pk of coils for tanks most of them suck don't get the flavor I want and they burn out quick just cheaper in the long run with rtas and rdas the coils last forever easeir to maintain too

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my first rta having little trouble with wicking I didn't put enough cotton in it so Everytime I fill it up it leaks but other then that pretty good is this a good rta to learn on right now I'm looking at getting a top airflow rta soon just wanted to get this one to experiment with
5e9432246dbe72d275e0c201f1286eb4.jpg

Practice makes perfect ! You will figure it out..... Welcome aboard......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks

Try everything lifting the coils, bigger coils..... Fast wick or slow wick..... Wick is the most important..... Hopefully you are using cotton Bacon v2...... Just a tip..... And if it's leaking look at videos.....

My favorite is AdvancedVape on you tube..... I have been wicking going on 5 years and that guy is technically inclined......

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
Try everything lifting the coils, bigger coils..... Fast wick or slow wick..... Wick is the most important..... Hopefully you are using cotton Bacon v2...... Just a tip..... And if it's leaking look at videos.....

My favorite is AdvancedVape on you tube..... I have been wicking going on 5 years and that guy is technically inclined......

I only use cotton bacon v2 I've looked at every video on how to do it tells me to cut the wicks at 45 degree angle on both sides I did and Everytime I put the cotton in the wick hole and I got to fill it up it leaks I've made sure that cotton is filling up the wick hole I've wicked it tight and lil loose still the same result I'm gonna work on it more tho

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only use cotton bacon v2 I've looked at every video on how to do it tells me to cut the wicks at 45 degree angle on both sides I did and Everytime I put the cotton in the wick hole and I got to fill it up it leaks I've made sure that cotton is filling up the wick hole I've wicked it tight and lil loose still the same result I'm gonna work on it more tho

If you can't wick it correctly after watching this guy.... Give it up.....

He wicks a tank (6) times a day for weeks and uses (5) different Cotton's and 3 or 4 size coils before he makes a video..... Showing how he mastered it........

He is the man.....

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
If you can't wick it correctly after watching this guy.... Give it up.....

He wicks a tank (6) times a day for weeks and uses (5) different Cotton's and 3 or 4 size coils before he makes a video..... Showing how he mastered it........

He is the man.....

I'll watch the video thanks

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll watch the video thanks

My name is MannyScoot and believe me, I will never lead you the wrong way...... Cool..... Ask anybody on VU...... Again welcome...........

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
My name is MannyScoot and believe me, I will never lead you the wrong way...... Cool..... Ask anybody on VU...... Again welcome...........

I'll have to try that when I get home just watched the video think I'm putting to much cotton in it I forgot that the cotton expanse when u put juice on it I'll try putting less cotton in it

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to try that when I get home just watched the video think I'm putting to much cotton in it I forgot that the cotton expanse when u put juice on it I'll try putting less cotton in it

Cotton bacon V2 expands.... It gets fat as it wicks.....

Cotton bacon prime stays the same it does not get thicker....... And taste cleaner.......

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
Cotton bacon V2 expands.... It gets fat as it wicks.....

Cotton bacon prime stays the same it does not get thicker....... And taste cleaner.......

We don't have cotton bacon prime here have to order it Vape shops around here only sell regular cotton bacon

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We don't have cotton bacon prime here have to order it Vape shops around here only sell regular cotton bacon

It's not necessary.... Once you master V2 it's fine..... I also have tanks that I can flip over whip out the deck and cut the wick down (trim) Rewick and vape on.......
958f19d00d8568cea9571826fd4f928d.jpg

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
It's not necessary.... Once you master V2 it's fine..... I also have tanks that I can flip over whip out the deck and cut the wick down (trim) Rewick and vape on.......
958f19d00d8568cea9571826fd4f928d.jpg

Ok cool I'll figure out the wicking soon

james11elliott

Member For 1 Year
Think I got it down did what the video showed filled it up with airflow open and no leaking so far see how it does tomorrow thanks for video

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a new altum drip tip my buddy gave me looks pretty sweet on there cooler on the lips too
82a0ff25106d47131aa1083a0485c656.jpg

That what she said..... Ha ha.....

Looks nice.....and comfortable.......

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTAs are the most difficult things to wick because of the need to get the amount of wick in the channels and the coils just right so it doesn't leak juice but does flow through enough to keep the coils fed. General rules 1. Leaking - not enough cotton or the cotton is touching the air inlets. 2. Dry hits - liquid can't get through, probably too much cotton or running build at too high wattage. 3. Slightly burnt tasting hits - cotton is not filling the coils properly or wicks burning through in the middle as running too high wattage.

Usually is best to try different id coils (2.5 or 3mm) and see which one is closest to right amount of wick for the channels then work from that starting point. After a while you will work out how to manipulate builds to get them 'right' for you. Sometimes you have to get more cotton into the chamber to restrict airflow, sometimes you have to shape builds in a specific way to avoid the wicks touching the airflow inlets...its a learning curve on each device until you know how to get it just right.

VU Sponsors