Become a Patron!

Blueberry Waffle JOY

HusbanAndWfe2013

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This recipe is something me and my husband enjoy but were hoping someone could add just what it needs. Its amazing but missing a little something.

FlavorWest Blueberry Graham Waffle ------ 14%
FlavourArt JOY ----------------------------------------- 6-8%
FlavourArt Maple Syrup ------------------------------ 2%

Great shake and vape flavor just is missing something to make it pop.
Any suggestion let us know.

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would add .25 % lime for shake n vape, .5% if going to sit for longer than a week before you vape

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Great shake and vape flavor just is missing something to make it pop.
What are you needing to pop? The blueberry? I've not had that flavor from FW, but reducing the Maple might help. That's a super strong maple. You could maybe add a tiny amount of FA Fuji Apple or Pear. 1% or less. Maybe even bring the Joy down some. It's not a flavor I really care for, so far, but FA Cookie came to mind.

I'm curious about the % you used for Joy. How does that taste to you? No matter what % I mix Joy, 0.5 up to 2%, I always get this super strong tobacco note. You must be one of the lucky people that taste it like a funnel cake.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm curious about the % you used for Joy. How does that taste to you? No matter what % I mix Joy, 0.5 up to 2%, I always get this super strong tobacco note. You must be one of the lucky people that taste it like a funnel cake.

I get a flat, stale beer taste from Joy no matter what % used. I thought I had found a recipe that uses Joy where it worked well and for the first couple of days it did, but after that the nasty beer taste came back. I gave up on Joy. I can only assume with 6-8% of Joy that the flavor of it is masked by the other 16% of flavorings in this recipe which are probably potent flavors. Unless like you say, @HusbanAndWfe2013 is one of the lucky ones.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried cutting the flavors in half to see if you're satisfied? I would suggest you use much less Joy. Maybe try 1% and see if that brings out some of the "pop" you're looking for. That much Joy might be masking the pop you want. I think I'd also drop the Maple to 1% or less because like Huck posted, it's a potent flavor.

HusbanAndWfe2013

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are you needing to pop? The blueberry? I've not had that flavor from FW, but reducing the Maple might help. That's a super strong maple. You could maybe add a tiny amount of FA Fuji Apple or Pear. 1% or less. Maybe even bring the Joy down some. It's not a flavor I really care for, so far, but FA Cookie came to mind.

At 5% joy me and my husband taste powdered sugar.. Given we have little nic in the mix. At 8% we both taste the undertone of funnel cake. We have found that steeping joy just makes it lose its flavor. SoSo we mix a 10 ml bottle every couple days and it works amazing for us. Even better is you add Capella super sweet sweetener.
Try mixing joy at 5% with no nic and straight VG after shaking the concentrate really good before using.

Oh and don't buy joy from gremlins... Its watered down.

HusbanAndWfe2013

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get a flat, stale beer taste from Joy no matter what % used. I thought I had found a recipe that uses Joy where it worked well and for the first couple of days it did, but after that the nasty beer taste came back. I gave up on Joy. I can only assume with 6-8% of Joy that the flavor of it is masked by the other 16% of flavorings in this recipe which are probably potent flavors. Unless like you say, @HusbanAndWfe2013 is one of the lucky ones.

Me and my husband like the % where they are.. We have worked with each flavor from 1% up to figure it out. We both enjoy strong sweet flavors. We have tried many different recipes listed and none really taste at all, or they are no flavor just harsh. Joy to us doesn't taste until 5%-8% and we add joy to everything cause for some reason it can be used for anything., I guess me and my husband are just lucky to taste. It truly is an amazing flavor though

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess me and my husband are just lucky to taste. It truly is an amazing flavor though

I wish, to me that Joy tasted like the powdered sugar or funnel cake that you describe. It could be a very useful flavor in that case. I have tried it at different %'s and PG/VG amounts. As far as nicotine, I never go over 2mg in my mixes and it's very clean Vapers Tek nic. You are very lucky that both of you taste the same thing and you both like the %'s of flavorings that you use in your mixes :)

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
You're lucky you and your husband enjoy the same flavors. My wife and I are complete opposites ... She wants nothing but straight fruits, even a hint of cream and she starts gagging. I like everything else ... bakery, coffee, cocktails, etc. I like fruits too but mostly prefer them with lots of cream.

The recipe looks good, although a little high on the percentages for me but it sounds like it works for you. There's no way I could vape that much maple (and Joy, which I love). If it was me, I would cut the maple in half, add a little FA Bilberry to help bring out more of the blueberry flavor, and add a touch of FA Vienna Cream.

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mixed this up today :

8% FW Blueberry Waffle
2% FA Joy
1% FA Maple Syrup
1% FA Bilberry
0.5% FA Pear

Very, very tasty.

PS : You can't taste the pear.

HusbanAndWfe2013

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to be mixing up a new batch tonight with no maple at all and try it with some Vienna cream.. Be a minute before we have the bilburry. We both greatly appreciate all the input and help and the Vienna cream I had never thought of that. We love coffee so much we have FA espresso but can't find a good sweet recipe to put it with

hertigg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I only have FA flavors, but I think something with joy and billberry might work well

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed this up today :

8% FW Blueberry Waffle
2% FA Joy
1% FA Maple Syrup
1% FA Bilberry
0.5% FA Pear

Very, very tasty.

PS : You can't taste the pear.
@Heng Thanks for your recipe but is there any sub for Blueberry Waffle? I don't have that otherwise I have all. Also thanks to the original Poster of recipe as well.

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can make blueberry pancakes :p

Flavorah Blueberry Muffin 5%
Inawera Biscuit .75%
FW Yellow Cake 1%

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
At 5% joy me and my husband taste powdered sugar.. Given we have little nic in the mix. At 8% we both taste the undertone of funnel cake. We have found that steeping joy just makes it lose its flavor. SoSo we mix a 10 ml bottle every couple days and it works amazing for us. Even better is you add Capella super sweet sweetener.
Try mixing joy at 5% with no nic and straight VG after shaking the concentrate really good before using.

Oh and don't buy joy from gremlins... Its watered down.

I think Joy taste like confection sugar. Funny I just purchased from gremlin . Should have read this post about the joy..
What makes you see it's watered down compared from else where ...
I will try another place to see difference. Thanks for info..

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think Joy taste like confection sugar. Funny I just purchased from gremlin . Should have read this post about the joy..
What makes you see it's watered down compared from else where ...
I will try another place to see difference. Thanks for info..
I'm an Inawera Biscuit lover. The Biscuit from Gremlin was definitely watered down. My original bottle that is over 2 years old had more flavor compared to Gremlin's Lol I had to order more from Poland. Kinda sad that vendors pull this baloney.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm an Inawera Biscuit lover. The Biscuit from Gremlin was definitely watered down. My original bottle that is over 2 years old had more flavor compared to Gremlin's Lol I had to order more from Poland. Kinda sad that vendors pull this baloney.
That's very sad
I wondered why they had such great prices an much in stock . So my biscuit, joy and all I purchased from them . Well saying goes learn by your mistakes..
I will deff purshase else where, for my Fa flavors.. Thank you

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

1 drop of Joy up to 3% Joy gives me nothing but a tobacco slap in the face, it drives me nuts because so many people taste some amazing funnel cake and sugary deep fried goodness and I just wanna taste the dam rainbow! is that too much to ask :(

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1 drop of Joy up to 3% Joy gives me nothing but a tobacco slap in the face, it drives me nuts because so many people taste some amazing funnel cake and sugary deep fried goodness and I just wanna taste the dam rainbow! is that too much to ask :(

You're not alone. I can't stand Joy. Doesn't taste like Tobacco to me, but does taste like a nasty ass flat beer. Doesn't matter how little or how much I've tried. I too wish I was tasting the sweet funnel cake or whatever...

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sad I bought all my flavors from gremlindiy .They had all flavors I needed in one place .. I guess this is why , now to look out for my main flavors and start over.Even though I'm happy with my joy flavor I get that sugary powered flavor ...

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I honestly purchase many of my flavorings from ecigexpress and I have never had a bad experience with them. The flavorings are always EXACTLY as described, the shipping is very very fast, the customer service exceeds my expectations, and the prices are lower than many.

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I honestly purchase many of my flavorings from ecigexpress and I have never had a bad experience with them. The flavorings are always EXACTLY as described, the shipping is very very fast, the customer service exceeds my expectations, and the prices are lower than many.

cheers!

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Agreed.... ECX and BCV are the best in my opinion.

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
It does seem to be alot at 20-22% flavoring. Maybe cut the FlavorWest Blueberry Graham Waffle and go half and half with that and bilberry. Might add some depth im not sure. Good luck on your blueberry endeavors! Im having a hard time with something similar lol

ps. maybe a touch of fa cookie?

VU Sponsors