Become a Patron!

Blueberry Waffles with Maple Syrup

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TFA Blueberry Wild 6% (FW BB & TFA Blueberry Extra should be about the same, CAP BB I'd start at 4% tho)
FA Maple Syrup 1.5%
CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream 1% (probably could sub with 0.5% FA Marshmallow or another Whipped Cream)
TFA Brown Sugar 0.5%
INW Waffle 0.2% (1 drop in 15ml), (at .5% & .3% it's pretty dominant but not really in a bad way)

Only steeped for 3 days

Edit: You can also leave out the fruit entirely for a regular Waffle w/Maple Syrup.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't remember whose waffle I have, but I know it isn't Inawera. :gaah:

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hate to kill the party but can that vape juice language be kinda broke down into newbie terms?
TFA
FA
CAP
INW
FA
It sounds very delightful and would love to give it a try.
I'm starting to get into mixing my own juice so I'm learning here.

thank you,
Tom

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate to kill the party but can that vape juice language be kinda broke down into newbie terms?
TFA
FA
CAP
INW
FA
It sounds very delightful and would love to give it a try.
I'm starting to get into mixing my own juice so I'm learning here.

thank you,
Tom
those are brands,,
TFA-The Flavor Apprentice
FA-Flavour Art
CAP=Capella
INW-Inawera

many flavor titles are carried by the different vendors,, but their taste profiles tend to be different in many cases.

then there is the concentrate levels.....so apple from 1 brand may only be half the power of brand #2.

You dont have to stick to the exact recipe,, but the original poster (OP) intended for the recipe to taste a certain way based on what he had at the time.

=tip,,,,,,,,you cant go wrong with Heabob's recipes,, stalk him if you have too :)

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
those are brands,,
TFA-The Flavor Apprentice
FA-Flavour Art
CAP=Capella
INW-Inawera

many flavor titles are carried by the different vendors,, but their taste profiles tend to be different in many cases.

then there is the concentrate levels.....so apple from 1 brand may only be half the power of brand #2.

You dont have to stick to the exact recipe,, but the original poster (OP) intended for the recipe to taste a certain way based on what he had at the time.

=tip,,,,,,,,you cant go wrong with Heabob's recipes,, stalk him if you have too :)
kross8,
Thanks so much for explaining it a little better for my level of knowledge.
I'm a better person for it now.

Tom

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
kross8,
Thanks so much for explaining it a little better for my level of knowledge.
I'm a better person for it now.

Tom
tip,, when you see 'coconut'---your tongue says 'mmm buttery',,,,,,,,,,with FA at least. i find i can use TFA vanilla bean ice cream and kill a few rats (rats i dont have that flavor) with just 1 flavor

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

You could probably even sub the Blueberry with 2% INW Shisha Strawberry for some Strawberry Waffles:D.
But the INW Waffle is pretty much a must have if you wanna taste Waffles anyway.
Brown Sugar helps to sweeten the Waffle & Maple Syrup.

For those who don't like using Brown Sugar...
I've also tried it with 1 drop of a 30% Stevia dilution in 15ml.
Or probably could use 1 drop of Sweetener instead.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started running away from most fruit,,, they either kept fading away,, or like that pesky snob raspberry they wouldn't even show up to my party!

But I am LOVING the bakery blends......(I may need to go to rehab lol) but ever since I had that IW lemon cake,,,,,I mix up everything bakery while waiting on a refill. CAP sugar cookie is awesome,, been mixing it with VBIC and a bit of coconut. I have several all sitting around in large 180ml batches so I can jump from 1 to the other.....some have meringue,, joy, graham cracker crust,, J rum, they are all good to me. All of my mixes have Bcream,,,so,,,,,,,,,'creamy bakery' seems to fit me for now.

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could probably even sub the Blueberry with 2% INW Shisha Strawberry for some Strawberry Waffles:D.
But the INW Waffle is pretty much a must have if you wanna taste Waffles anyway.
Brown Sugar helps to sweeten the Waffle & Maple Syrup.

For those who don't like using Brown Sugar...
I've also tried it with 1 drop of a 30% Stevia dilution in 15ml.
Or probably could use 1 drop of Sweetener instead.
ps,,i think i have you to thank for the heads up on IW brand..I need to try more of their flavors,, course all of the bakeries,,, and try a couple of fruits.

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I have CAP Waffle and must say I'm really not impressed at all. I'll try the INW cause I really would like a good waffle flavor. Recipe sounds really good!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got TFA, FW, and DIYFS waffle.....no Inawera..... :facepalm:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got TFA, FW, and DIYFS waffle.....no Inawera..... :facepalm:

I figured you'd have that one for sure.
INW was the last brand I tried, well except for the tobaccos that is.
And I've been delighted with many of them:).

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love Inawera! Their fruits are the best out there, imo, and their tobaccos are some of my favorites. Have a few odd ones I haven't had time to try, need to work around to that. ;)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't think of anything else that might work instead.

Yes...that's a tough one...

Photo 2016-03-13, 10 31 20 AM.jpg

Is that...Bacon...I see with those waffles? (FW)

Looks yummy to me! :D

klhf_waffle.jpg

Ron
----
"Nothing happens without a reason."- Marilyn Monroe

Attachments

• Waffles-with-Warmed-Blueberry-Topping-e.jpg
    Waffles-with-Warmed-Blueberry-Topping-e.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 24

SixFiveLive

Member For 4 Years
This looks good. I love INW Waffle. It's strong stuff though. I make a 5% dilution. It's handy for adding a fried type flavor at really low %s. The waffle I've been working on is 0.3% of the 5% dilution with around 2-3.5% TFA Belgian Waffle, which is kind of it's own syrup flavor. I think people really use that (BW) at too high of a %, usually see it used around 7. It's much more pleasant to me around 3.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look what squonk started. Now we all have to have pictures with our diy recipes.
you noticed that too!........just great! i finally make some decent flavors (with his help) and he moves the finish line to include pics,, next he will require proof with scent.

squonk,,,,,,,,,,,,,where is the line in the sand???????? :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This looks good. I love INW Waffle. It's strong stuff though. I make a 5% dilution. It's handy for adding a fried type flavor at really low %s. The waffle I've been working on is 0.3% of the 5% dilution with around 2-3.5% TFA Belgian Waffle, which is kind of it's own syrup flavor. I think people really use that (BW) at too high of a %, usually see it used around 7. It's much more pleasant to me around 3.

I think many ppl have more sensitivity towards certain flavors than others.
And some have a harder time tasting certain flavors.
Recipes are usually just starting points that each person will have to tweak for themselves anyway.
But some people have similar taste buds and won't need to change anything.
Although fiddling with recipes is half the fun.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Original recipe the Waffle is still coming on too strong even at 0.3% (2 drops).
Although still good if you like just plain Waffles.
Steeping longer seems to make the Waffle stronger so I can't taste anything else.
Will try 0.2%, (1 drop next time).
May even need to use less, as some have also mentioned needing to make a dilution...

Last edited:

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Just wondering..... Does the Inawera Waffle require any steeping time or is it shake n vape? -Been playing with this flavor. :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just wondering..... Does the Inawera Waffle require any steeping time or is it shake n vape? -Been playing with this flavor. :)

I don't think it does myself, but I'm using 70PG/30VG.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
What a great recipe! -Figuring out what the optimum strength of the almighty Waffle is for me. I started out with 3 drops in 10ml, tried 4 drops, now trying 5. I can clearly taste all flavors but the Waffle was a bit light. I can tell that when I nail this, it's gonna kick ASS. Thanks for sharing, Heabob!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think I have CAP Waffle and must say I'm really not impressed at all. I'll try the INW cause I really would like a good waffle flavor. Recipe sounds really good!

I hated Cap waffle, Liquid Barns is ok, really light waffle and light maple syrup, a simple but decent waffle that has grown on me more I have used it.

HOWEVER nothing I have tried compares to Inawera waffle, and I doub tyou could sub it in anything with this recipe,smells just exactly like ice cream cone waffle biscuit. It is as others have mentioned really really strong though, just like there Rhubarb. Both really hard to work with and easily over power recipes even with just a few drops, but both worth perservering with I think as they are two of the most accurate flavours available I think.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I started running away from most fruit,,, they either kept fading away,, or like that pesky snob raspberry they wouldn't even show up to my party!

But I am LOVING the bakery blends......(I may need to go to rehab lol) but ever since I had that IW lemon cake,,,,,I mix up everything bakery while waiting on a refill. CAP sugar cookie is awesome,, been mixing it with VBIC and a bit of coconut. I have several all sitting around in large 180ml batches so I can jump from 1 to the other.....some have meringue,, joy, graham cracker crust,, J rum, they are all good to me. All of my mixes have Bcream,,,so,,,,,,,,,'creamy bakery' seems to fit me for now.
Oh wow I feel the same way! I'd love to know the percentages for the different additives you listed, I'm still learning how to figure out how to vary them...
I'm especially interested in the percentage of Joy you used. I don't see that flavor in many recipes.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow I feel the same way! I'd love to know the percentages for the different additives you listed, I'm still learning how to figure out how to vary them...
I'm especially interested in the percentage of Joy you used. I don't see that flavor in many recipes.
Joy is a supporting flavor, i tend to use it at 0.50% to 1%

VU Sponsors