Member For 4 Years
Berry Crunch (TPA) 5
Cake Batter (CAP) 1
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 7
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 0.5
Meringue (FA) 1
New York Cheesecake (CAP) 1.5
All in %'s

SOOO....Ive made a ton of attempts at this clone and haven't really had much help other than its description "berry cheesecake crunch". Originally I thought b/c its blue bird that the berry was a blueberry flavor. I now believe that its more a general berry flavor, not distinctly any type. I have worked on this clone a while and feel its finally close enough to share but I could use some opinions. I think its slightly off and I believe there may be a butter flavor in the original I don't have. I would like to try swapping cake batter for butter or just adding it to the recipe. If you can make it you should, and lmk what you think! ESPECIALLY if you're familiar with the original!!!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You could try a small amount of FA Coconut for some butter effect.
Or CAP Butter Cream.
Try replacing Cake Batter with 0.5% FA Nonna's Cake

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try a small amount of FA Coconut for some butter effect.
Or CAP Butter Cream.
Try replacing Cake Batter with 0.5% FA Nonna's Cake
I will have to see about coconut. I have tried this recipe with and without butter cream a bunch of times and it seems that crunchberry flavor is picky because certain ingerdients turn this recipe to crap really fast lol. I honestly dont think I am gonna use nonnas cake much.....it has such an odd taste to it and it doesnt remind me of cake at all lol. I think that pine and lemon would really throw off this mix. It honestly might be a flavor im just not picking up on that im missing but I KNOW you guys arent fans of cake batter either lol. I will say the cake batter brought me closest to cloning this recipe that I have been so far and without it the recipe isnt really as close.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I will have to see about coconut. I have tried this recipe with and without butter cream a bunch of times and it seems that crunchberry flavor is picky because certain ingerdients turn this recipe to crap really fast lol. I honestly dont think I am gonna use nonnas cake much.....it has such an odd taste to it and it doesnt remind me of cake at all lol. I think that pine and lemon would really throw off this mix. It honestly might be a flavor im just not picking up on that im missing but I KNOW you guys arent fans of cake batter either lol. I will say the cake batter brought me closest to cloning this recipe that I have been so far and without it the recipe isnt really as close.

I do like Cake Batter but it can take over quite easily IMO.
Fortunately I don't taste the pine & lemon in Nonna's as long as I don't go above 0.5%

FLV Crunch Cereal reminds me of TFA Berry Crunch but has more "Crunch" and less "Berry".
Cake is a tough one if that's what's missing.
But could be something simple like vanilla or cream, graham cracker + brown sugar.
Could go in a lot of directions with that one.
Will try it eventually as I like the Berry Crunch, although I've never had the original so I won't be able to compare anyway.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do like Cake Batter but it can take over quite easily IMO.
Fortunately I don't taste the pine & lemon in Nonna's as long as I don't go above 0.5%

FLV Crunch Cereal reminds me of TFA Berry Crunch but has more "Crunch" and less "Berry".
Cake is a tough one if that's what's missing.
But could be something simple like vanilla or cream, graham cracker + brown sugar.
Could go in a lot of directions with that one.
Will try it eventually as I like the Berry Crunch, although I've never had the original so I won't be able to compare anyway.
FLV stuff is so expensive I am worried I may not like it and be a waste, is it better than TPAs you think? I did try captains cereal and berry cereal by TPA for this and tried with brown sugar, butter cream, and just about all the vanilla ish ones...... I also think it could be vanilla bean ice cream, tried gelato but it tastes to beany for me. I heard VBIC also has a buttery note and I dont have it either, I really really thought there was a sweet vanilla essence to it but this version ended up without one and that kind of suprises me looking back now. I used french vanilla a lot of times, I have about 6 saved recipes plus notes of changes I made to them along the way :huh:......so I have been kind of taking a break since I finally got close and going to maybe study back and see what other versions were close and compare.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
graham cracker
The original is very light and smooth and sweet, so anything with the tiniest bite might throw smoothness off.....its definitely that sugary crust like in cheesecake graham I taste in it. I havent tried graham cracker clear yet and currently only have GC V2(tried earlier on but around 1%). Im also almost out of the original and planned on cloning before the bottle was gone so im kinda in crunch mode ...:giggle:... Pun intended!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The original is very light and smooth and sweet, so anything with the tiniest bite might throw smoothness off.....its definitely that sugary crust like in cheesecake graham I taste in it. I havent tried graham cracker clear yet and currently only have GC V2(tried earlier on but around 1%). Im also almost out of the original and planned on cloning before the bottle was gone so im kinda in crunch mode ...:giggle:... Pun intended!

I like the Graham Cracker Clear as I think it adds a nice touch with the Cheesecake Graham Crust, never tried the V2.
Try TFA Vanilla Bean first, rather than CAP, as it's a bit sweeter.
Both are good tho, and sometimes I mix them together.
Add small amounts to create layers without throwing off the main profile.
FA Joy?
TFA Toasted Marshmallow?
FA Almond?
Could get carried away real easy...
Quite hard to clone stuff, don't think I'd have the patience to experiment for very long.

FLV stuff is so expensive I am worried I may not like it and be a waste, is it better than TPAs you think?

I really like the TFA Berry Crunch better overall, it even works with INW Biscuit:D.
If anything I'd just add some of the FLV in with the Berry Crunch just for kicks.
The FLV Crunch Cereal is more of a helper for Cereal types I think, only thing I've used it in so far is DIYorDIE's Fried Ice Cream.
FLV Cupcake Batter is interesting but haven't really done much with it yet.
I'm reluctant to pay the higher price on unknowns myself.
But I did get lucky with most of the INW flavors.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another thing I wanted to try was FW hazelnut maybe in a low % B/C I used waynes recipe to help me make the cereal part stand out a bit more. Then @Heabob told me about FW's being better for cereals sooo...... That could help, or maybe they use a diff cereal/combo and im off on that part a bit. Tasting them side by side now and I think I may need a hair more NY style to give a more cheesy twang and it needs more buttery-sweetness which kind of came about when I added cake batter and makes me want to add a tad more to it to see if it increases. Usually only use it a couple drops to sweeten a recipe or something but not 1% though....somehow CB works well in this one I think.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cant stand joy but maybe at a low % it might actually not bite but kick the twang of the cheesecake up....It does have this distinct sourness to the cheesecake in the original too and I could see joy fitting that profile....still havent tried toasted marsh and dont have almond but I got some others, Nuttiness may help bring out the sweetness in the crust too......thanks for the brainstorm Heabob
I need to get some fresh coils to really try and pinpoint what it is.....was really hoping someone here would be familiar with Bluebird to help picture the profile im missing

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Another thing I wanted to try was FW hazelnut maybe in a low % B/C I used waynes recipe to help me make the cereal part stand out a bit more. Then @Heabob told me about FW's being better for cereals sooo...... That could help, or maybe they use a diff cereal/combo and im off on that part a bit. Tasting them side by side now and I think I may need a hair more NY style to give a more cheesy twang and it needs more buttery-sweetness which kind of came about when I added cake batter and makes me want to add a tad more to it to see if it increases. Usually only use it a couple drops to sweeten a recipe or something but not 1% though....somehow CB works well in this one I think.

This is where you may end up going in a different direction as using FW Hazelnut might help push it into a Cereal type if that's what you're trying for.
But things like TFA Dairy Milk, or FA Condensed Milk, or FW Milk are also needed for Cereals IMO.
(don't know if you've tried any Dairy yet instead of the Vanillas)

Whereas Yogurts, (think sour cream), may help push more towards the Cheesecake angle.
Adding another Cheesecake like LA may help too, although I didn't like it when used alone.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
still havent tried toasted marsh and dont have almond but I got some others, Nuttiness may help bring out the sweetness in the crust too......thanks for the brainstorm Heabob

0.5% FA Walnut can also add some butter/cream.
Whatever nuts you add just use low amounts so you don't actually taste them.
I've even used 0.5% FA Pineapple or 0.5-1% TFA Strawberry Ripe to add some sweetness.
Don't know if they'd help the crust part tho...

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted something similar a while back if this helps.
http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/berry-crunch-cheesecake.200247/
I found keeping the GC cheesecake low works well.
I tried higher NY cheesecake but never thought trying CCGC at 1% or less because it seems very strong in the original to me. Will definitely try that recipe Squonk thanks, have you tried Bluebird by chance?? lol Itd be quite funny you got their berry cheesecake crunch description to the tee if you never seen/had it.......DUDE HONEY CIRCLES!!??......HOWD THAT TURN OUT?

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried higher NY cheesecake but never thought trying CCGC at 1% or less because it seems very strong in the original to me. Will definitely try that recipe Squonk thanks, have you tried Bluebird by chance?? lol Itd be quite funny you got their berry cheesecake crunch description to the tee if you never seen/had it.......DUDE HONEY CIRCLES!!??......HOWD THAT TURN OUT?
I never tried Bluebird, I was just trying to play around with my Berry Crunch. I found GCCC to compete with the cereal background notes and cancelled it out over 1%. Honey circles is not bad, but needs to be used as a very low back note. I also mixed up a Berry Crunch Nut Cookie that came out pretty good.

Berry Crunch (TPA) 5
Cake Batter (CAP) 1
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 7
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 0.5
Meringue (FA) 1
New York Cheesecake (CAP) 1.5
All in %'s

SOOO....Ive made a ton of attempts at this clone and haven't really had much help other than its description "berry cheesecake crunch". Originally I thought b/c its blue bird that the berry was a blueberry flavor. I now believe that its more a general berry flavor, not distinctly any type. I have worked on this clone a while and feel its finally close enough to share but I could use some opinions. I think its slightly off and I believe there may be a butter flavor in the original I don't have. I would like to try swapping cake batter for butter or just adding it to the recipe. If you can make it you should, and lmk what you think! ESPECIALLY if you're familiar with the original!!!

This is what I found. I have not yet tried it. http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/bluebird-e-liquid-bluebird/

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please try it and lmk what you think im a hair off still working on it but trying to find true bluebird fans and get honest opinions. I had added a bit of golden butter to the last batch and it seemed a tad closer but not quite exact

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Please try it and lmk what you think im a hair off still working on it but trying to find true bluebird fans and get honest opinions. I had added a bit of golden butter to the last batch and it seemed a tad closer but not quite exact

Try 0.5% FA Coconut:D

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try 0.5% FA Coconut:D
OK OK Heabob you talked me into it!! I didnt get coconut in the original at all but half a percent is not very noticeable anyways. I havent made this at all lately just been making new recipes but I need to go back to some that need finishing and get em done.

Lorann's cheesecake or cream cheese icing?
Never tried La cheesecake but I was not too much of a fan of the cream cheese icing, its not sour at all imo.....If you ask me its way too overly sweet for a cream cheese base and its closer to butter cream icing except a minute hint of the cream cheese in it. It also didnt mix too well with this recipe, actually butter cream went well with it but kinda threw it off a tad I think. Will try La cheesecake at some point but....Edit.....I have been happy with the two cheesecakes above so far.....
If youre a bluebird fan just try it! ...then tell me what you think it needs lol .....If not its hard to even describe what im missing not to mention im sick of cloning it and just wish I was done already:wait:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors