Become a Patron!

Broken mod

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I broke my favorite mod. Its nothing fancy or expensive . Just a Wake Mod Bigfoot. The connection where you screw the tank on came off. Its loose and I tried to fix it but couldn't!'0. Does anyone know of a place that fixes mods?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I broke my favorite mod. Its nothing fancy or expensive . Just a Wake Mod Bigfoot. The connection where you screw the tank on came off. Its loose and I tried to fix it but couldn't!'0. Does anyone know of a place that fixes mods?

Don't know anywhere that does do mod repair. Can point you toward probably the lowest priced one for replacing.

The overall view of your problem sounds pretty standard. What I mean is it won't require dealing with electronics.

Know Fat Daddy's sells various mod parts. You could probably locate a good 510 pin replacement there and maybe tools to fit it to the mod.

If I were to get into doing repairs, I might handle doing standard stuff, or mechanical mods. Would not even attempt handling electronics, it's out of my capabilities.

No I'm not offering to do repair work. Can understand why people are not going into doing it.

There's no way to profit doing repairs. Until you have customers pay shipping, parts, labor ... they rather get something affordable and new.

The market is flooded with affordable new gear, too. Far less hassle than trying to repair stuff. Sorry if this reads as a dissertation, or negative.

Last edited:

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
That is low priced , I did see it, but the one I have is the Proud model. Which unfortunately is out of stock everywhere .. Thank for thinking of me

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank for thinking of me

Not a problem at all. I woke up this last time just knowing you specifically required some assistance.

Sorry, I tried that with a straight face. *chuckles* It wasn't any problem, sincerely. But no, I don't set here "on call" for anyone particularly.

If I can help or try helping, I do. Sorry that model is out of stock. Didn't realize that is what you had.

---

Oddly enough, and completely unrelated save for the words big foot. I located this article.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That is low priced , I did see it, but the one I have is the Proud model. Which unfortunately is out of stock everywhere .. Thank for thinking of me

This place is showing Proud in stock- and a great vendor, I have always had good luck with EVcigarettes.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Does anyone know of a place that fixes mods?
Sorry I don't know of any place that repairs mods. Personally I would buy 2 of these - one to use and one to store away. Nothing lasts forever.
With the upcoming shipping bans in the US to happen March 2021 on vape gear it may be wise to start stocking up.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just looked at a review of the Bigfoot and it looks like you can remove 2 screws on the plate that holds the magnets. This should give you access to the 510 connector. You might be able to get a needle nose plier on the nut to tighten it ..

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This place is showing Proud in stock- and a great vendor, I have always had good luck with EVcigarettes.
I'll second EVciggarettes being great. I'm waiting on my 3rd order that I've placed with them this month. They have responsive customer service and a great selection. I've found a few mods there that I was having trouble finding everywhere else. Good luck!

VU Sponsors