Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone

My setup:
Rx200s v4.12
3 x LG hg2

Tsunami 24
dual coil - Clapton
Mod says 0.31 ohms prior to wicking (and after wicking)

Limitless plus black
Dual coil - Clapton
Mod says 0.51 ohms prior to wicking (and after wicking)

Limitless plus stainless steel
Dual coil - Clapton
Mod says 0.40 ohms prior to wicking (and after wicking)

They all glow in tandem, from the centre outwards with no hot spots.

1-They're all the same prebuilt coils from that Ferris wheel buffet wheel.
How come they're giving different ohms?

2- because safety comes before everything, I understand that the lowest ohms I can go to is based on this formula:

Volts / amp cdr = ohms

4.2 / 20 = 0.21

Now, my question is.
If I'm on single coil. That's easy to adhere to.
It appears, and from research, that dual coil setups halve ohms.

So, if I had a single coil with 0.4 ohms, and I put two into my mod. It should read 0.2.

Does that mean, I've reached my safest lowest ohms?

Because, as some of you know, I had some funky unknown dual setup coils in my atomizers earlier that were giving me :

1- tsunami 24 mod & build
IMG_20160913_104803_zpsqugksvew.jpg

20160913_104903_zpskx8rkqra.jpg

2- stainless steel limitless plus mod & build
[/COLOR]

20160913_104323_zpsneerz39k.jpg

3- black limitless plus
IMG_20160913_105054_zpsiab704hn.jpg

While I quickly changes my coils to safety ohms, I find that I'm not enjoying the vape as much. I'm not a cloud chaser. I enjoy flavor & clouds. But now it's taking time for me to get 'my fill' because, I think, with higher ohms, the coil needs more time to heat up and when it does, it gets very hot.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you lovely people.

Thanks a lot

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello everyone

My setup:
Rx200s v4.12
3 x LG hg2

Tsunami 24
dual coil - Clapton

Limitless plus black
Dual coil - Clapton

Dual coil - Clapton

2- because safety comes before everything, I understand that the lowest ohms I can go to is based on this formula:

Volts / amp cdr = ohms

4.2 / 20 = 0.21

Now, my question is.

So, if I had a single coil with 0.4 ohms, and I put two into my mod. It should read 0.2.

Because, as some of you know, I had some funky unknown dual setup coils in my atomizers earlier that were giving me :

[/COLOR]

3- black limitless plus

While I quickly changes my coils to safety ohms, I find that I'm not enjoying the vape as much. I'm not a cloud chaser. I enjoy flavor & clouds. But now it's taking time for me to get 'my fill' because, I think, with higher ohms, the coil needs more time to heat up and when it does, it gets very hot.

Thanks a lot

With a regulated mod the formula is different, the one you listed is for mechs/unregulated mods.
Regulated use this formula
(watts/lowest volts)/90% mod chip efficiency=max amps
Example (120watts/9.6volts)/0.9=13.8889amps
9.6=3.2v x 3 batteries in a triple series mod

As far as the differences in resistance using the same build in each atomizer you are not accounting for the native resistance being different between each atomizer, how much metal and material of the metal is between the mod and coils, about 0.1 variance between different atomizers is about normal.

The mod itself can fire down to about 0.1ohm safely, so if it goes below that the mod will just laugh at you saying below 0.1 buddy not happening, aka a message like low load, low atomizer, or atomizer short.

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With a regulated mod the formula is different, the one you listed is for mechs/unregulated mods.

As far as the differences in resistance using the same build in each atomizer you are not accounting for the native resistance being different between each atomizer, how much metal and material of the metal is between the mod and coils, about 0.1 variance between different atomizers is about normal.

The mod itself can fire down to about 0.1ohm safely, so if it goes below that the mod will just laugh at you saying below 0.1 buddy not happening, aka a message like low load, low atomizer, or atomizer short.

You've calculated amps for me.

How do I figure out the lowest ohms I should I go on a regulated mod?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You've calculated amps for me.

How do I figure out the lowest ohms I should I go on a regulated mod?

Lowest build on a regulated mod is dependent upon the mod's chipset. So the lowest build on a regulated mod is generally found in it's specs or user manual. In wattage power mode generally this range is between 0.1ohms up to, I have some older mod's that this could be 1.5ohms the lowest they will fire. So look in your user manual

Sitting on the couch

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hello everyone

My setup:
Rx200s v4.12
3 x LG hg2

Tsunami 24
dual coil - Clapton

Limitless plus black
Dual coil - Clapton

Dual coil - Clapton

Volts / amp cdr = ohms

4.2 / 20 = 0.21

Now, my question is.

[/COLOR]

3- black limitless plus

Thanks a lot
that box only has 1 clapton coil which is .6 ohms according to their spec. so with a dual build you should have .3 on all your RDAs The tsunami is right, the other 2 are not. I would disassemble the 2 limitless ones clean them off, reassemble and try again.

As far as the amp limit goes, it's a regulated mod so you shouldn't worry. I believe that mod fires down to .1ohms IIRC.

another possible cause is that mod is known to have issues with the 510 pin

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that box only has 1 clapton coil which is .6 ohms according to their spec. so with a dual build you should have .3 on all your RDAs The tsunami is right, the other 2 are not. I would disassemble the 2 limitless ones clean them off, reassemble and try again.

As far as the amp limit goes, it's a regulated mod so you shouldn't worry. I believe that mod fires down to .1ohms IIRC.

another possible cause is that mod is known to have issues with the 510 pin

I just checked. Its the demon killer set.

The Clapton is rated at .85 as per the box.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just checked. Its the demon killer set.

The Clapton is rated at .85 as per the box.
If it's rated at .85 you should have a resistance of .42 to .44 with a dual coil. maybe .45 In that case none of them are really correct but the 1 limitless is close. It might be your mod, do you have an ohm meter or another mod to test it on and see what you get?

In the pictures I am seeing .12 .14 and .16 ohms respective to the picture which would be about a .3 single coil. Are you resetting each time you switch heads? Take the head off and try to fire, replace head and fire again, not sure if the rx asks if it is a new coil or if it just reads new ohm.

I looked up the ferris wheel coil box and I don't see a .85 in it at all(not saying yours doesn't). It says the clapton is a .6 ohm wire which would be around a .3 in a dual build, most of the others are a .5 except the 1.0 and 1.2 ohm wires. My claptons which are also supposed to be .6 are reading at .17 in a dual build with a tsunami 24 on a dripbox 160.

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it's rated at .85 you should have a resistance of .42 to .44 with a dual coil. maybe .45 In that case none of them are really correct but the 1 limitless is close. It might be your mod, do you have an ohm meter or another mod to test it on and see what you get?

I've ordered an ohm meter. Waiting for it to come.

In the pictures I am seeing .12 .14 and .16 ohms respective to the picture which would be about a .3 single coil. Are you resetting each time you switch heads? Take the head off and try to fire, replace head and fire again, not sure if the rx asks if it is a new coil or if it just reads new ohm.

The photos you see are from when I had different coils.
What does resetting mean?

I looked up the ferris wheel coil box and I don't see a .85 in it at all(not saying yours doesn't). It says the clapton is a .6 ohm wire which would be around a .3 in a dual build, most of the others are a .5 except the 1.0 and 1.2 ohm wires. My claptons which are also supposed to be .6 are reading at .17 in a dual build with a tsunami 24 on a dripbox 160.

This is the Ferris wheel:

rBVaEFc1rd2AaKlpAAKm4wVN4_M624.jpg

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

So I've been vaping between 55 & 70 w on my tanks with ohm ranging from 0.15 to 0.20 and both my mods (Fuchai 213 & RX200s) are showing amp levels between 17 & 19

In your calculation, at 120w, my amps will be around 14.
I'm at about half of 120 and it's showing bigger amp draw.

I'm confused.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
55/3.2=17.1875/.9=19.0972222
70/3.2=21.875/.9=24.305556

A lot of the chipsets have yet to be updated to account for the series config they run by, and do calculations by a single battery integer. If the amps being shown by the chip were true we'd have had far more people get bit by a regulated mod going boom than we have once above 65watts regular usage. Most precise calculator is above your shoulders, a machine is only as good as the programmer that programs it when it comes to math. That is why I tell all new building vapers to learn the basic ohm's law formulas we use, regulated (watts/lowest volts)/chipset efficiency=amps you are max to pull, unregulated (highest volts/resistance=max amps you will pull).

The figures the hand calculations show is 95% accurate, it is simple basic algebra.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't realize the chips were going to be primitive to be honest.

I assumed that if a chip is smart enough to do the things it does like read ohms, voltage & amp, and run in TC mode, then it should be able to recognize if a battery is in parallel or series mode.

Thanks for clarifying.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I didn't realize the chips were going to be primitive to be honest.

I assumed that if a chip is smart enough to do the things it does like read ohms, voltage & amp, and run in TC mode, then it should be able to recognize if a battery is in parallel or series mode.

Thanks for clarifying.
Some chips are better then others. DNA and FSK are the best followed by YiHi, after that I'd say they are all pretty similar with a slight advantage to smok.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I've been vaping between 55 & 70 w on my tanks with ohm ranging from 0.15 to 0.20 and both my mods (Fuchai 213 & RX200s) are showing amp levels between 17 & 19

In your calculation, at 120w, my amps will be around 14.
I'm at about half of 120 and it's showing bigger amp draw.

I'm confused.
The volts and amps hitting the coil aren't the same as the volts and amps the batteries are supplying to the chip. Watt setting divided by battery voltage gives approximate battery current. Build resistance has nothing to do with battery current with a vw mod.

VU Sponsors