Become a Patron!

Building on postless decks

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have any tricks for getting the legs the same length on postless decks? More often than not one coil is a little higher than the other, and I have to remove the taller one and snip the tails. I know the resistance difference won't be hardly anything between the two coils, it's more of an OCD thing. Builds have to be nice-a-nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a coil leg tool
1f9b182f85e4846ce2fd21ddd5095365.jpg

#staycloudy

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the idea to use the edge of the handle portion of the CoilMaster jig that I use. Can't believe I never thought of that before. Perfect leg length.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you don't have access or can't wait just drill a couple of holes in a piece of wood or plastic to make your own tool.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just clip the legs on one coil little by little til I get the length correct, then put both coils back on the bit and cut the second coil's legs to match the first one.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just clip the legs on one coil little by little til I get the length correct, then put both coils back on the bit and cut the second coil's legs to match the first one.

I always say the right tool for the right job but there are always ways to "get er done" when you have that sharp tool between your ears~!

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I put my wire cutters right up against the handle of my coil jig, and clipped there. Perfect leg length. My eyes aren't so sharp anymore to do it "by eye"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always say the right tool for the right job but there are always ways to "get er done" when you have that sharp tool between your ears~!
Exactly! :cheers:

I have three different postless decks and each takes different leg lengths so its not universal for me.

VU Sponsors