Become a Patron!

Buying Liquid nicotine online (newbie)

DIY newbie here, and overwhelmed tbh ... can I get any suggestions where to buy nicotine online, and anything I should know about buying it. I’ve seen some websites that sell it but figure id probably get the wrong thing. so bummed that I may never get this right, been using the other stuff all day, everyday for 8 yrs

I was previously using a 12 mg Sahara 70pg/30vg juice, obviously can’t get it now :/ was gonna try to go nic free but itS not cutting it, used the 70pg/30Vg with tfa turkish flavor, the consistency nothing like my old stuff, still seems like it’s heavy on the vg, which I don’t care for, (prefer the throat hit over the cloud) Is that bc I don’t have the nicotine added, & will it make a big diff once I get that in there, any and all suggestions/help would be much appreciated. you have no idea

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you are in the US, you will have a really tough time finding anyone that will ship nicotine to you because of the new laws.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Freebase nicotine will add throat hit, especially at 12 mg. There are a few folks around who know the companies that are still shipping nicotine, I'm sure someone will be along shortly with more info. I'm stocked up and haven't been looking for nic lately.

I was just able to add a 4 oz bottle of 50/50 12mg nic to a cart and process it all the way to the checkout page. I don't know if it would have stopped me past that or not. That was at PerfectVape.com. I've bought nic from them in the past, and it's been good. If you do order and it goes through, I'd sure stock up. They have other sizes, other levels of nic, and other PG/VG ratios listed as well.

You'll need to put the contents of the components you've already used in the Turkish mix you have into an e-liquid calculator, in order to find out how much nic to add, but if you want to add more PG, then get a mix with a higher PG ratio than what you've mixed up already, and that will alter the overall mix more toward a higher PG level. The one at e-liquid-recipes.com is good and is easy to use.

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
DIY newbie here, and overwhelmed tbh ... can I get any suggestions where to buy nicotine online, and anything I should know about buying it. I’ve seen some websites that sell it but figure id probably get the wrong thing. so bummed that I may never get this right, been using the other stuff all day, everyday for 8 yrs

I was previously using a 12 mg Sahara 70pg/30vg juice, obviously can’t get it now :/ was gonna try to go nic free but itS not cutting it, used the 70pg/30Vg with tfa turkish flavor, the consistency nothing like my old stuff, still seems like it’s heavy on the vg, which I don’t care for, (prefer the throat hit over the cloud) Is that bc I don’t have the nicotine added, & will it make a big diff once I get that in there, any and all suggestions/help would be much appreciated. you have no idea
First thing we need to know is where you live, also is exactly what you are trying to do....

Freebase nicotine will add throat hit, especially at 12 mg. There are a few folks around who know the companies that are still shipping nicotine, I'm sure someone will be along shortly with more info. I'm stocked up and haven't been looking for nic lately.

I was just able to add a 4 oz bottle of 50/50 12mg nic to a cart and process it all the way to the checkout page. I don't know if it would have stopped me past that or not. That was at PerfectVape.com. I've bought nic from them in the past, and it's been good. If you do order and it goes through, I'd sure stock up. They have other sizes, other levels of nic, and other PG/VG ratios listed as well.

You'll need to put the contents of the components you've already used in the Turkish mix you have into an e-liquid calculator, in order to find out how much nic to add, but if you want to add more PG, then get a mix with a higher PG ratio than what you've mixed up already, and that will alter the overall mix more toward a higher PG level. The one at e-liquid-recipes.com is good and is easy to use.
thank you..l did have some luck buying :)

First thing we need to know is where you live, also is exactly what you are trying to do....
I’m in Tn, trying to replicate 70pg/30vg 12 mg , Sahara from v2 and then MiG vapor who sold out to vapor fi , they don’t have what I’m looking for and I dont care for their other stuff

Are you looking to mix your own? Or just looking to buy commercial liquid?
When I found out I wasn't going to be able to get my regular Sahara liquid online, I bought pg & vg liquid deciding to make my own, thinking I would try to stop with the nicotine, so I didn't bother to buy any nicotine. I waited til the last minute to attempt to make any, and then while out of town half of one of my last bottles leaked out!!) Anyhoo, that sucked, so I made 50ml with 70pg / 30vg which is what I understood the Sahara to be, I used the TFA Turkish, without adding any nicotine. The taste is off somewhat, but the throat hit or whatever is not there at all, it's almost like it's totally VG still, and it is not! I guess that's partly due to not having any nicotine?? I've tried commercial 0% Nic before and it was similar. Why since it's 70% pg it isn't at least a little bit closer to what I'm looking for. I was able to order some 12mg PG nicotine so hoping that will make a difference, when it gets here. Is that going to make a big difference?? So I guess at this point I'm needing some reassurance that once I add the nicotine that it will be more like what I'm used to. OR any ideas why the Sahara was so much different than anything I've used before.

ATP I would consider buying commercial, but I have already wasted a lot of $$ in the past trying to find a match when v2 went under, I'd rather figure out how to make on my own. But also worried about being able to get the nicotine in the future

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Trying to copy a recipe is difficult as to what flavorings are actually in the recipe and amounts. Do you have experience mixing and have you used the ELR calculator.. ?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This vapocalypse calculator will give you an idea on how much nic you'll need. https://vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk/vapocalypse

I would recommend that you buy 100 mg/ml nic, it's cheaper in the long run. Buy as much as you can afford as it's only going to get worse trying to find nic in the future.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixing freebase nicotine into ejuice solution

(Desired Strength / Concentrated Nicotine Strength) x Bottle size (in milliliters) = Amount needed (in milliliters)

So if you were using a 72mg nicotine concentrate and wanted 10ml of 18mg eliquid, the formula would look like this:

(18/72) x 10 = 2.5ml

If you were using a 48mg nicotine concentrate and wanted 100ml of 3mg eliquid, the formula would look like this:

(3/48) x 100 = 6.25ml

For different e liquid strengths or quantities just change the relevant parts of the formula.

I like using 18mg/ml strength. Say I buy some 100mg/ml VG nicotine concentrate. I got a 240 ml bottle to fill up.

(18/100) = 0.18 X 240 = 43.20 ml nicotine concentrate needed.

So I put 43.20 ml of nicotine concentrate into the 240 ml bottle first. That leaves me with 376.80 ml to divide up between PG/VG & flavoring. If say I wanted roughly 20% (which is usually pretty high, most stay at about 10% or less) of flavoring I would have 75.36 ml set aside for flavoring. The other 301.44 ml is left for the PG&/VG.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors