Become a Patron!

Caliburn cartridge use

Hi,

I recently bought a uWell Caliburn. I've used it about a week and I have questions about cartridge usage/maintenance etc. First, can I refill any time or should I let it get completely empty. Right now there is just a tiny bit left and it's turned somewhat solid and black. Does that mean I should clean it, just refill? Second, it came with an extra cartridge. How long should on cartridge last and when will I know that I should replace? Lastly, should I only use one eJuice per cartridge or is it ok to refill with another flavor?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome :wave:

I don't own a Caliburn- but do not let the pod get completely empty- it will burn out the coil, which sounds like what happened to yours, the liquid shouldn't be black, you need to change out that pod, must taste terrible- yes you fill will your own eliquid- Using other flavor liquid might taste funny in that burned out pod- you could use the other unused pod for a different flavor. You should just keep to one flavor in one pod and use another for a different flavor.
You should be buying more pods with coils to keep on hand- these usually burn out in a few weeks and need to switch them out for a new one.
I am putting a video from a reviewer on You Tube( there are many videos on You Tube) on the Caliburn and hope it helps explain how to use and take care of it.

Last edited:

I don't own a Caliburn- but do not let the pod get completely empty- it will burn out the coil, which sounds like what happened to yours, the liquid shouldn't be black, you need to change out that pod, must taste terrible- yes you fill will your own eliquid- Using other flavor liquid might taste funny in that burned out pod- you could use the other unused pod for a different flavor. You should just keep to one flavor in one pod and use another for a different flavor.
You should be buying more pods with coils to keep on hand- these usually burn out in a few weeks and need to switch them out for a new one.
I am putting a video from a reviewer on You Tube( there are many videos on You Tube) on the Caliburn and hope it helps explain how to use and take care of it.

Thanks for the advice and passing along the vid, SnapD!

Snap,
I removed the old pod, filled up a brand new one and noticed that after waiting 10 min as Caliburn instructs you to do, the liquid at the bottom is black even before use. So is that just sediment in the juice or what else could be the issue?

IMG_3293.JPG

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Snap,
I removed the old pod, filled up a brand new one and noticed that after waiting 10 min as Caliburn instructs you to do, the liquid at the bottom is black even before use. So is that just sediment in the juice or what else could be the issue?

View attachment 187379
That black piece is a plug or the bottom of the pod- that is fine. Probably to keep it from leaking and looks like the coil is seated in it. Always keep the liquid at or above the cotton round hole- if it gets below that you will burn out the coil- can't be fixed if the coil and cotton burn out, you would have to use another pod.
I hope you ordered more pods to keep on hand- these only last a few weeks maybe up to 4 weeks, before the flavor tastes off or there maybe some leaking.
there are many reviewers showing how to use the Caliburn- here is the main link- click onto the reviewers you want to watch- watching people demonstrate it is easier to understand how to use it.

Try reading this review- they talk about the pod and show a picture of it

1635459030512.png

Last edited:
That black piece is a plug or the bottom of the pod- that is fine. Probably to keep it from leaking and looks like the coil is seated in it. Always keep the liquid at or above the cotton round hole- if it gets below that you will burn out the coil- can't be fixed if the coil and cotton burn out, you would have to use another pod.
I hope you ordered more pods to keep on hand- these only last a few weeks maybe up to 4 weeks, before the flavor tastes off or there maybe some leaking.
there are many reviewers showing how to use the Caliburn- here is the main link- click onto the reviewers you want to watch- watching people demonstrate it is easier to understand how to use it.

Try reading this review- they talk about the pod and show a picture of it

View attachment 187386

Thanks, Snap! One other general vaping question. When I'm firing, it's crackling, popping and snapping (pun intended) quite a bit. I assume this is normal? Any way I can reduce this? More likely the juice or the pod causing it?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi Peggy- yes the crackling and popping is normal. Since there is no way to control the wattage on the Caliburn there is no way to reduce this.Popping and crackling may reduce some once the coil breaks in more.
It would be great for you to get a back up system- in case something happens to the one you have. Back ups are important to be able to keep vaping.
When you get your next mod system or a different pod system get one with wattage control. I have been using the Smok Fetch Pro 80w pod mod- I can adjust the wattage up and down to get the vape I like. Also uses removable 18650 batteries. I charge one battery on my battery charger while I vape with the other battery.
I have many, many ,many mods , sub tanks(these take factory coils) ,RTAs(rebuildable Tank )and RDAs(rebuildable dripper)- I have been vaping for almost 7years and have used all kinds of gear.

Hi Peggy- yes the crackling and popping is normal. Since there is no way to control the wattage on the Caliburn there is no way to reduce this.Popping and crackling may reduce some once the coil breaks in more.
It would be great for you to get a back up system- in case something happens to the one you have. Back ups are important to be able to keep vaping.
When you get your next mod system or a different pod system get one with wattage control. I have been using the Smok Fetch Pro 80w pod mod- I can adjust the wattage up and down to get the vape I like. Also uses removable 18650 batteries. I charge one battery on my battery charger while I vape with the other battery.
I have many, many ,many mods , sub tanks(these take factory coils) ,RTAs(rebuildable Tank )and RDAs(rebuildable dripper)- I have been vaping for almost 7years and have used all kinds of gear.
Thanks again for the really helpful advice!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
How is the Caliburn working for you now? I hope all is good .
Please make sure to order more pods to have on hand. Where do you buy your supplies? From a vape shop or online ordering? USPS has implemented their anything vape shipping ban, some online vape shops are using alternative shipping. I have used a few China vendors with good results- slow shipping, but I have never had a problem getting the things I ordered.

VU Sponsors