Become a Patron!

California tobacco bills spurred hardball political threats

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know how I feel about this, or the "good" classification, given that the article puts vaping as being firmly in bed with Big Tobacco. And I don't know how endearing it's going to be to the general public if otherwise-popular measures (not going to take a side here on taxes on the wealthy or anything else they mentioned, but the bottom line is they're popular with voters) get the label of "killed by cigarette and vaping activists."

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
boo fucking hoo...like the democrat party of California are a bunch of 15 year old catholic school girls or something.They are so entitled they are so detached from reality that they think it's totally OK to strip the rights and freedoms of citizens with impunity,but bitch when they feel their right to rob and screw,and ignore the democratic process is infringed upon...there is no honor among thieves.I hope big tobacco guts them.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm reading that right, it is good. This new bill being passed around right now puts vaping in the same classification as cigarettes.
Can only vape where you can smoke (I don't really care about that).
Raises age for both to 21 (don't care).
Puts cigarette tax on a bottle of juice at your local B&M... that's a problem.

So a bottle of premium juice is $12 and with the sub ohm vaping that's common now 15ml lasts a couple days so vaping is already more expensive than smoking for a noob buying premiums. I think cig tax is like 30% or something like that so add cig tax and juice is $15 for 15ml.

Will they add the proposed $2 pack tax increase to a bottle of juice? Per the law a pack and a bottle seem to be viewed as the same thing. Vaping and vaping products is smoking and smoking products.

And be concerned because with vehicle emissions and protective laws, California seems to be the trend setter and other states tend to follow.

There will be a lot of B&M's crashing & burning in CA and more people buying juice online from out of state or mixing DIY.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The entire state of California is going to collapse. There are almost to the point where there are more people collecting benefits than paying taxes. People who work for a living are leaving the state fast.

Bans don't bother me. I work in the only county in the state that has banned indoor vaping. Know how much it has changed my habits? None. I still vape at my desk (exhale towards the floor under my desk), in bars, restaurants, grocery stores, home depot, pretty much wherever I please. By the time anyone who is going to say anything gets anywhere near me, my vape is already in my pocket, and the complainer just gets a blank stare with no acknowledgement of their concern at all. Drives them nuts, but what are they going to do. Go find a cop? Fuck them. I win.

VU Sponsors