Become a Patron!

Calling All Never Smokers/Light Smokers

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi friends! There's a study going on involving subjects who vape but never smoked or smoked less than 1000 cigarettes in their lifetime!
According to vaping advocate Michelle Minton it could be a game changer for pro-vaping advocacy in terms of scientific evidence that vaping isn't as harmful as our government is leading us to believe. If you fall in the criteria stated above you can check out the details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/ivau19 Thanks!

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll take a look. There's people who have no idea I vape however, including my doctor. I'd like to keep it that way. At least for the time being.

If this can be done while maintaining that state of affairs, I'm all in :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll take a look. There's people who have no idea I vape however, including my doctor. I'd like to keep it that way. At least for the time being.

I believe it's a confidential periodic survey ?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for tagging him! How are things, JL? Good to see you! I don't get outside of the Hardware or Billet threads these days.

Chillin' man, how about you?

Miss you too - but rarely see ya due to me not buying half the vape market anymores

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chillin' man, how about you?

Miss you too - but rarely see ya due to me not buying half the vape market anymores
Not bad. Work, family, rinse, repeat ?

Good on you for the willpower! I spend snd trade much more than I should but especially now it gives me something to look forward to I guess. Been wanting to pick up a squonk to run my lonely Hadaly on lately. I find more and more that I should keep some of my unused stuff as I almost always want o come back to it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not bad. Work, family, rinse, repeat ?

Good on you for the willpower! I spend snd trade much more than I should but especially now it gives me something to look forward to I guess. Been wanting to pick up a squonk to run my lonely Hadaly on lately. I find more and more that I should keep some of my unused stuff as I almost always want o come back to it.

Yeah, only using two setups right now, and one is that little T3 squonker I got from you a few months back

Am vaping much less than I used too

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's great to hear! Everyone likes a quitter ?

Quitters and better than losers ;)

But, with no conscious effort am down to 10 mls a day compared to 30 mls a year ago

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quitters and better than losers ;)

But, with no conscious effort am down to 10 mls a day compared to 30 mls a year ago
In all seriousness that's great! I switched over to MTL between RTAs and Billet stuff. As a result, I'm probably right around that 10ml mark, too. Only a matter of time until we both quit and then we'll both have a good chunk coming to us from quitting sales!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We can sell to all these never smokers for outrageous post-vapocolypse prices

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looked at the questionnaire, and it mentions cigarettes only... so I filled it out.

Never smoked cigarettes

Smoked cigars though... but you don’t inhale those, or at least not deliberately.

Semi flawed I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looked at the questionnaire, and it mentions cigarettes only... so I filled it out.

Never smoked cigarettes

Smoked cigars though... but you don’t inhale those, or at least not deliberately.

Semi flawed I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were the first person I thought of when I saw this. Thanks for filling it out dude!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've done some digging into this now. There are 2 major problems here as I see it.

Number one is that this study is being conducted purely on a periodic questionnaire basis. No actual medical examinations done by anybody, which is understandable because the cost would be astronomical.

In other words, It would be at bottom just a bunch of people saying "this is how I feel." Entirely anecdotal.

Number 2 is that it is being conducted by admittedly pro-vaping activists. People who REALLY want to see a certain outcome. Even if totally objective in reality, this would never escape the charge of inherent bias in appearance.

Think of it in reverse.

Committed anti-vaping activists propose a study based entirely on what people tell them about their experience with vaping. No actual medical data gathered or provided by disinterested and qualified individuals and institutions.

We'd roll our eyes and dismiss it as fatally flawed form the start and rightfully so.

Even if taken to completion (which I very much doubt) it will convince nobody and probably shouldn't.

I'm just being honest friends. The intent is noble, but people will believe lying experts over honest citizens every time and even honest citizens are no legitimate substitute for hard data. Which we will not have even if this study goes as planned.

Again, the intent is noble, but it will go nowhere and prove nothing even if it does. Sorry. :(

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

At the top of my list when I posted this response was my doctor. She has no idea I've been vaping for the last 2 and a half years and at least for now, I'd like to keep it that way.

So when I saw this it immediately occurred to me that the medical data must come from somewhere and I was wondering if the participants personal physician/s would be that source, or at least one of them. Hence my hesitation.

It turns out there will be no medical data. Hence my post above this one.

VU Sponsors