Become a Patron!

Can anyone tell me the legitimacy of this box mod?

lyftication

Member For 4 Years
1873c7bac96d4b0da21cbd0be51ee542.jpg
df06b55373060ad97c7806ae75e6fbd1.jpg
a6237cca507cd74a885e5e26fdd206c6.jpg
7fe2b10dcff2df6ee93392334ea35f44.jpg
it has a variable voltage switch on the side and it was called a boosted hex something but the guy said there weren't too many made and sold it for $200 I'm trying to figure out what this is. I can't find anything online about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
it is either a 110 watt or a 120 watt chip.
that dial at the bottom on the side will adjust the voltage going to the 510 connection. All the way to the left is lowest all the way tot he right is the full monty.
So depending on how low you are pushing your RDA RBA you are going to push the full wattage.
It is a boosted mech mod.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
#5487 = not too many made???????? Sounds like the same lack of sense in numbering that RL Workz uses on the Classique.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a "Boosted" Hammond box with breadboard circuitry and a much better switch, and paid $125. Considering the inconsistency with the numbering....I think you might have been had on that one. BUT....if you like it, that is all that matters.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So you bought it for $200 without even knowing what it is? Or what? Why are the OPs here getting more incoherent as time goes on?

lyftication

Member For 4 Years
So you bought it for $200 without even knowing what it is? Or what? Why are the OPs here getting more incoherent as time goes on?
I just asked for a mod with a lot of power and they told me that was the one. They're selling a stingray with a bear tooth and shark tooth attached for like $800 I think they're chomping people. I bought my ragnarok for $80 and my doge v2 for $60 so idk. Maybe I should stay away from them?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"If you screw together two things that have never been screwed together before....some schmuck will buy it" - George Carlin

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://cravingvapor.com has the boxes. I think the OKR-10 is a 50watt box and the 20 is a 110watt. If you have the 110w version, they sell in the 190 range. So you didn't get burned if thats what you have. They have different graphics and different color fire buttons but it's the same box. They have one out now called the "Hu Man Fog Machine", the same as yours, different graphics. VaporKings sells it for 195.00
(I think the v2 marking means you have the 110w version)

hexohm.jpg

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
$200 for a VW box mod with a plastic fire button and no actual circuitry or screen? PLASTIC button? $200?
bwa........bwaha..........bwahaha...............BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$200 for a VW box mod with a plastic fire button and no actual circuitry or screen? PLASTIC button? $200?
bwa........bwaha..........bwahaha...............BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry

Maybe it's the less is more thing? !! What cracks me up is what some of these boxes with circuitry cost.. Some of my kids toys are 10 times more sophisticated than a vaporshark at 1/3rd the price

lyftication

Member For 4 Years
http://cravingvapor.com has the boxes. I think the OKR-10 is a 50watt box and the 20 is a 110watt. If you have the 110w version, they sell in the 190 range. So you didn't get burned if thats what you have. They have different graphics and different color fire buttons but it's the same box. They have one out now called the "Hu Man Fog Machine", the same as yours, different graphics. VaporKings sells it for 195.00
(I think the v2 marking means you have the 110w version)

View attachment 14196
I appreciate it man and he had different color buttons. It's a really nice piece. It burns the cotton before the liquid can refill its place after so long.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I appreciate it man and he had different color buttons. It's a really nice piece. It burns the cotton before the liquid can refill its place after so long.

Less is more on hardcore wattages.
Go big diameter like 2.5+mm in size, just enough cotton to be slightly snug not tight and not to give hot spots.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just asked for a mod with a lot of power and they told me that was the one. They're selling a stingray with a bear tooth and shark tooth attached for like $800 I think they're chomping people. I bought my ragnarok for $80 and my doge v2 for $60 so idk. Maybe I should stay away from them?

Dude, that place is screwing ppl out of some serious money! I would rather order something online, from a place I know with a good rep and decent prices, and wait a few weeks than pay $$$$ for a mystery mod. Be careful man, do your homework before making an expensive commitment like that again.

lyftication

Member For 4 Years
Dude, that place is screwing ppl out of some serious money! I would rather order something online, from a place I know with a good rep and decent prices, and wait a few weeks than pay $$$$ for a mystery mod. Be careful man, do your homework before making an expensive commitment like that again.
I will be sure to do so. I just got into mods. But I thought you couldn't buy mods online anymore I thought they're trying to make it illegal everywhere to sell them or something?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will be sure to do so. I just got into mods. But I thought you couldn't buy mods online anymore I thought they're trying to make it illegal everywhere to sell them or something?

Not yet and a soldering iron and some wire you can make your own hexohm without the name for 1/4 of the cost.

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years
I'm gunna just throw in my 2 cents and highly suggest not buying things you don't know about and that the shop can't teach you about and stop roasting your coils like that!!!

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Ummm, no.

Baby steps, dood. Baby steps. You gotta learn to crawl before you can walk. You tried to take off at a dead run before you learned to crawl.

lyftication

Member For 4 Years
I'm gunna just throw in my 2 cents and highly suggest not buying things you don't know about and that the shop can't teach you about and stop roasting your coils like that!!!
My coils get like that after holding the button for 4 seconds. And they're dual parallel 24g around a 1/8th bit. Idk what to do with the mod.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@CABBA, knock it off.

@lyftication What he's trying to say is that you jumped in the deep end. That's fine, but it also means that you're going to make mistakes on expensive devices with lots of power. What's happening is that you're pumping too much power into the coil and burning your wick. What you need to do is turn the juice down a little and find the sweet spot for vapor and flavor. Now, you have plenty of room to grow into that mod. Just ask questions and learn more.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a "Boosted" Hammond box with breadboard circuitry and a much better switch, and paid $125. Considering the inconsistency with the numbering....I think you might have been had on that one. BUT....if you like it, that is all that matters.
I love the SW, on my Hex, big, positive as hell, returns sharply..tough to miss, tough to 'bump' on

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years
My coils get like that after holding the button for 4 seconds. And they're dual parallel 24g around a 1/8th bit. Idk what to do with the mod.

That means your coils are dry or the wick inside them isn't thick enough

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What you need sir is a set of big boy undies. Or some Pull-ups at least.

You posted on VU 4 times since you joined in Oct and you're already bashing people who are generally just looking for some advice? Not a good reputation to start out with on this forum.. Next time you ask a question I hope everyone jumps down your throat..

delabs

Member For 4 Years
What were trying to tell you is research, read and learn. It takes time. Go to all the different forums and look stuff up. Spend a weekend reading and researching. You can't just jump in the deep end and expect to swim. We all had to learn. I bet if you put some work and time in anyone would be glad to help you.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the SW, on my Hex, big, positive as hell, returns sharply..tough to miss, tough to 'bump' on
I'm also a fan of the large fish eye hex-ohm style switches! They are plastic but much higher in quality and experience than most other box switches I own or have tested and used. Personal preference perhaps...most vapers I know prefer them as well. Nothing cheap about them, literally more expensive and harder to source in quantity than any other switch in my experience.

VU Sponsors