Become a Patron!

Can Battleborn Become the Next Borderlands?

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Battleborn, Gearbox’s follow-up to its immensely popular Borderlands series, is a game with many identities. It walks a fine line between its MOBA elements, specifically its playable roster and character development, and its obvious heritage from the adventures we had on Pandora. I played through a single mission in this five-player, cooperative shooter three separate times, and the results were both warmly familiar, and surprisingly unique.

Jumping into Battleborn immediately brought a sense of familiarity to the Borderlands series. The world is colorful, the enemies are insane and plentiful, and the dialogue is genuinely funny. Whether it was the main story beats featuring a mechanized, walking tank who became oddly self-aware of its impending doom, or just the random barks between two characters, I found myself laughing more than I do in 99% of other shooters. In the span of a single 20 minute mission, Battleborn cemented the playful tone of its world, and the fantastic variety of its cast of incredibly different weirdo characters in a really impressive way.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors