Become a Patron!

Can Breathing Oils and Herbs Aid Calm and Well-Being?

The only 2 deaths I am aware of that were related to ecig devices occurred because some uninformed people loaded their tanks with essential oils. Both died of pneumonia due to oil buildup in the lungs. While ecig devices were used these deaths aren't normally associated with vaping since they were not using those devices in the recommended or normal fashion.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only 2 deaths I am aware of that were related to ecig devices occurred because some uninformed people loaded their tanks with essential oils. Both died of pneumonia due to oil buildup in the lungs. While ecig devices were used these deaths aren't normally associated with vaping since they were not using those devices in the recommended or normal fashion.

I believe you mean to cite lipoid pneumonia which is a lung condition generally attributed to the direct inhalation of oils. This condition is rare but has been seen in cases where individuals inhale massive amounts of vegetable or mineral oils. Essential oils however, are not the same, they are not the lipid oils that that can cause lipoid pneumonia. Pure, distilled essential oils do not contain animal fats, base oils, mineral oils or other non volatile vegetable oils known to be associated with this condition.

While I don't generally advocate vaping essential oils ( some of them have the potential to be toxic if not used properly ) some other factor(s) outside the use of essential oils would have to be involved for someone to have developed lipoid pneumonia as a result of vaping. I personally, and I've been doing this quite some time, have never seen a single valid case where this has occurred.

I believe you mean to cite lipoid pneumonia which is a lung condition generally attributed to the direct inhalation of oils. This condition is rare but has been seen in cases where individuals inhale massive amounts of vegetable or mineral oils. Essential oils however, are not the same, they are not the lipid oils that that can cause lipoid pneumonia. Pure, distilled essential oils do not contain animal fats, base oils, mineral oils or other non volatile vegetable oils known to be associated with this condition.

While I don't generally advocate vaping essential oils ( some of them have the potential to be toxic if not used properly ) some other factor(s) outside the use of essential oils would have to be involved for someone to have developed lipoid pneumonia as a result of vaping. I personally, and I've been doing this quite some time, have never seen a single valid case where this has occurred.

While it has been awhile I remember specifically reading "essential oils" in both those articles.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
In an "unregulated" market you can expect idiots with below average intelligence mixing shit that they know nothing about.

To them "oil" is oil.
They don't know what the fuck lipid pneumonia is or which of the oils causes it.

That's not their job.

Their job is having some sort of money making gimmick and that is exactly what I see this as.

With the FDA pissing and moaning over 5 or 6 "chemicals" that goes into regular eliquid could you actually see them letting a PTMA for any of the shit in this story slip through?

Me Neither, which means this is a "Get in, Get money, & Get out, vendor and right now that is the most dangerous vendor I can think of.

Really?? They sell eliquid with oil in it? I can't believe it, I think subject from eliquids are going to far with this... how is possible they can sell that sh*t? As far as I know oil is something u can't vape, can be dangerous for your health.. if that was possible many people would be mixing oil extracts with PG/VG, and it would be in the market to sell as well as flavors for eliquids.
I don't understand how they are allow to sell this.. I'm shock for this new.. I didn't know that kind of things are in the market like eliquid to vape. At last they should put in each sticker of the bottle is under responsability of the vaper because it's dangerous for the health.. shocked..

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From the title I thought we were talking defuser and essential oils to create atmosphere. I can not imagine putting their vapor directly in to my lungs.

VU Sponsors