Become a Patron!

Can I take vape on plane?

I want travel to China, but not sure is it OK to take vape on plane. And Is it legal to take vape device to China?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Call the airline you'll be flying and ask them, to be sure of the latest update.

The last time I flew to Europe I took my vape supplies in my carry-on. They don't want the lithium batteries in your checked luggage in hold. If you use open systems, your liquid needs to be in the 3 oz container in the silly baggie in your carry-on. If you need to take more than 3 oz, use the travel size shampoo and conditioner bottles, wash them out, leave the labels on, and they'll never know they're not shampoo and conditioner.

But check for updates. I haven't flown in a while.

This is the rule in most countries, but I am not sure about China's policy.

E-cigarette devices: You can carry e-cigarette devices (e-cigarettes) in your carry-on baggage. Do not carry e-cigarettes in checked baggage, as lithium batteries can be a fire hazard and are therefore prohibited.
Batteries: If your e-cigarette uses removable batteries, you must store them securely in a battery compartment in your carry-on baggage to prevent accidental activation or short circuits.
Liquids: E-liquid bottles (e-cigarette liquids) must follow standard liquid rules, which means:
Each bottle must not exceed 100 ml (3.4 oz).
All liquids must be packed in a quart-sized clear plastic bag (one bag per passenger).

VU Sponsors