Become a Patron!

Can you suck too hard?

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When dripping is it possible to suck too hard so the coil doesn't get hot enough?

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To answer this question, we have to keep in mind several variables, all of which could cause the coil to not heat enough to vape your juice. Battery, device, coil, wicking medium, and juice can all make a difference, and then to throw air flow on top of that. The short answer is yes, but there can be a fine line between too much and just enough for big clouds. To me, the best reference is experience. Try different things, and find what you like. Stick with what works, and trash what doesn't. Every minute spent fiddling with a wick is sixty seconds of vape heaven you'll never get back. :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When dripping is it possible to suck too hard so the coil doesn't get hot enough?

You already got a great reply from VapingJunkie, I just wanted to add a couple of thoughts. No matter what size the air holes are you can draw faster or slower and see what difference that makes to your vape. We can't measure coil temperature, all we can do is see how much we like the vape. If you like the vape better with a faster draw you're moving more air through the atty, cooling the coil a bit and prefer that. Opening up the air holes slightly will change things a bit and let you get the same high air flow with less effort (force) to draw. I've drilled out the air holes in every rebuildable atty I have and doing this has helped me find the right size and avoid making the holes too big.

The other thing is that air flow needs to be set up to match the power your putting into the atty. Get it right for 10 watts and it will not be good for 25 watts and the same the other way around.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man that thread title just screams for smart ass comments. But i will refrain...maybe.

I will say that while re wicking in the car when I pulsed the coils to red and put it in front of the ac the red immediately went away even while holding the button. I don't know why I did it or why I was surprised but there it is.

VU Sponsors