Become a Patron!

Caps glazed donut ideas?

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well I finally got some of this glazed donut and chocolate glazed donut from BCV,

Aaaaannnndddddd I have no idea what to do with it!! amongst the other hundred flavors I have but I'm gonna go there on my first DIY thread.

Anyone used these yet? I've been trying to think what would be good with it and not cancel out the glazed flavor but nothing comes to mind. As usual I'm over thinking it, I was going to whip up a small standalone batch today and see what it tastes like, anyway thanks in advance:)

Disco.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to order a pre-made Glazed Doughnut w/ Raspberry from Mad Town that was delicious. Please give us the flavor profile of regular glazed. I've thought of getting it a while back and then forgot all about it.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found this review at BCV
GREAT DOUGHNUT FLAVOR
IcoRating5.gif

Posted by EJAB on 13th Aug 2015

I added some CAP Graham Cracker and it tastes just like a Krispy Kreme doughnut! (Cap. Glazed Doughnut 8%/ Graham Cracker 6%/ Sugar Cookie 2%/ Caramel 2%/ Marshmallow 2%) Thanks BCV for providing GREAT products, prices and prompt delivery!!!

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just did a tester at 10% of course no steeping involved and hmmmmmm not sure what to think of this, It doesn't smell very inviting I mean it kinda smells like donuts but not a strong sweet smell. The taste is mild, I can kinda taste the glazed but not, going to try at 15 and see what I get, I doubt it is going to be a standalone flavor but I'm wondering what % it would need to really stand out in a mix. I also have the chocolate one I need to test as well, Hmmmmm back to the tests will report back:)

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To me, CAPs glazed doughnut tastes like playdough without the salty taste. Needless to say, I wasn't a fan of it at all.

There is a recipe called Bronuts by ENYAWREKLAW that uses CAPS Chocolate Glazed Doughnut that a lot of people like. There's a thread over on Reddit about it.

Link To Recipe
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/189384/BRONUTS+by+%5BENYAWREKLAW%5D

Man I was trying to think about the taste and yea that's pretty much it playdough!!!! I did see the bronuts and was going to try I'm just having a hard time thinking it is going to come out in any mix....I will skim through reddit and see what they got going on.

Before I was DIY'ing I had some doughnut pounder and it was almost the same, the doughnut flavor was minimal and it wasn't very good.

Thanks for the replies so far guys!!

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3% glazed donut cap
3% chocolate glazed donut cap
3% joy FA
3% vanilla custard v2 cap
3% fresh cream FA
3% vanilla swirl signature

My all day vape doesnt really need to steep either imo
Thanks, going to try this without chocolate donut and add extra regular

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6% CAP Glazed Doughnut
4% CAP Custard V2
.75% FA Raspberry
1.75% TFA Raspberry (Sweet)
.75% CAP Hazelnut
.75% FA Meringue
1% TFA French Vanilla Cream

UPDATED 9/8
I have CAPs Glazed Doughnut coming in today. I'll try something like this, but with minimal flavorings to try to get an ideal on the flavor profile. I think I'll just start with 7% Doughnut with .5% FA Raspberry and work from there. Discobob, what have you come up with after all this time? Thanks.

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have CAPs Glazed Doughnut coming in today. I'll try something like this, but with minimal flavorings to try to get an ideal on the flavor profile. I think I'll just start with 7% Doughnut with .5% FA Raspberry and work from there. Discobob, what have you come up with after all this time? Thanks.
Be careful with raspberry, its strong even at .25%. I would start the
raspberry at one small drop per 10 ml. I love raspberry but it is very strong no matter which vendor and very easily takes over everything else in a mix.

VU Sponsors