jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I was forced offline for a while dealing with some health stuff. During that offline period, PayPal banned my account which had a pretty sizeable balance in it. For those of you who use it regularly with F&F this is a warning for you.

At this point I am sure most of you are familiar with their terms of service, humans no longer decide who will be banned and when you sign up, you agree to their terms which puts you at risk. It is all algorithms and AI doing the deciding and once it is decided, that's it. No recourse.

If you do F&F, recover your money immediately. If you get banned, then it will take a minimum of 180 days to get your funds and there are plenty fo folks who have been trying to recover their funds for many years and have been unsuccessful. I am in a legal dispute with them now over it and sadly, I was banned for something completely not in violation, my purchasing behavior trigger the algorithm and that was the end of the road. You cant just turn around and open another account either (well you can, but if it links back to your banned stuff in any way, lights out on that one also).

With all the vape hate, this would be a very good time for people to start getting familiar with crypto. Crypto doesn't care what you use it for and the fees themselves are reasonable for the transfer. You don't have to worry about any tilted terms of service and if you are dealing with people you know and trust, it is mostly without risk. Human error being the largest and once you know how it works, its cake.

Just throwing it out there. Paypal hates vaping.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That really bites. I know of someone else this has happened to. I suspect that what ever corporation that controls fleaBay also controls them. PP was originally opened up in nebraska when I joined them some near 22 years ago. I am customer 000000009 or something like that lol.

After doing some research I found quite a few discussions about people getting their accts locked after receiving to many F&F transactions. It was mentioned that PP was losing a ton of money from these transactions and are cracking down hard on people.
Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That really bites. I know of someone else this has happened to. I suspect that what ever corporation that controls fleaBay also controls them. PP was originally opened up in nebraska when I joined them some near 22 years ago. I am customer 000000009 or something like that lol.

I have been with them for 20 years and just like that they dropped me, seized my funds for a minimum of 180 days and that's that. My only recourse so far has been legal, which I am exercising. I have also purchased a single stock so I can have a voice in their shareholders meetings.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the heads up on keeping that acc. empty.
I hear PP has some other negativity, like asking you to log into your financial institution from their site.
And lately they've been extending resolution times so vendors can take months to get your product to customers, which is horsesht....instead of holding them to their shipping terms.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man, that really sucks. I'm not fully understanding I guess, but are you saying they could go back and look where you have bought from (vape related) and just all of a sudden freeze and empty your account?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Man, that really sucks. I'm not fully understanding I guess, but are you saying they could go back and look where you have bought from (vape related) and just all of a sudden freeze and empty your account?
More specifically, they have an algorithm that detects violations. If a pattern emerges that trips their filter then you can be banned. In my case it wasn't vaping, it was several other things that flagged me as suspicious and caused them to suspend my service.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I must really mess with their algorithm then. I buy gas and groceries. Buy and sell on fleabay. I use my PP debit card at dozens of places lol. It's a lot easier that way sometimes instead of waiting 2 to 3 days for the funds to transfer.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More specifically, they have an algorithm that detects violations. If a pattern emerges that trips their filter then you can be banned. In my case it wasn't vaping, it was several other things that flagged me as suspicious and caused them to suspend my service.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Wtf. Thanks for the heads up.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must really mess with their algorithm then. I buy gas and groceries. Buy and sell on fleabay. I use my PP debit card at dozens of places lol. It's a lot easier that way sometimes instead of waiting 2 to 3 days for the funds to transfer.

You can transfer directly to your card if you have it linked to your PP account. I do it every time I receive money. A super cheap fee but direct to the bank card.

Man that really sucks ass they can pull shit like that with your money

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Zelle is great for sending receiving $. Other than just needing a debit card, both banks need to have a Zelle option. Easy and fast transfer < 30mins usually instantly no fees and it goes straight the account, no transferring. ?
I sound like a commercial :huh:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was using fleaBay and PP since 98. I never was happy with Musk's high commission rates. I rarely use ither anymore. Even my PP merchant account has been downgraded back to "user". Balance is zero. If they flag it down the road, I'll just find another way.

VU Sponsors