lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is my take on Cellucotton or rayon 100% it was purchased from http://www.sallybeauty.com/cotton-coil/SBS-580008,default,pd.html

local to most anyone.

these are my takes and person experience used with igo w and a tobh clone at 30 watts so far with it YMMV

first the pros

wicks extremely fast even all VG
Flavor is more pronounced
when you get dry it starts to taste like a popcorn
a full dry burn is not as harsh as cotton.
if you dry burn move the burnt spot out of the coil and redrip or saturate and you good to go
no boiling needed
the fibers are all in the same direct of flow
a box is a very long term supply this one is sold by the pound but there are some sold by the foot
there is no Cotton taste to it
the cloud can be less "milky" and behave differently seems heavier to me so it may not work well with cloud comps but i'm not a cloud comp person maybe one who uses it can swing in a add there take on it

now the sort of cons
it will shrink rather then swell when saturated so you have to use more in the coil vs cotton
it takes some time to fully settle i wait a bit with fresh re wicking approx 20 mins to be safe
to much and it can taste dry even when saturated. i use just enough to fell it pull thru the coil not much force is needed but more then a cotton wicking.

the full cons
it can ignite in which case a rewick is in order after a dry burn rinse of the coil

overall after two days of use i like this more then cotton.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
just a follow -up on this.

i have used this with builds from .5 up to 1.8 so far on a 1/16 to slightly larger dual coil from 32 to 28 gauge.
i did try a cotton and rayon build at the same time with the same flavor and same coil setup dual coil 1.0 28 on 1/16. i found i liked the rayon deck more.

rayon wicking that is kept wet will out last cotton. i found a could go 5 days or more on the same wick. where with cotton i was changing daily.

rayon is my go to wick for now.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good stuff Lordmage.
I have been vaping on the same coil and wick for over two weeks and it still feels as fresh as the day I put it in.
Vaping at .5 ohms and loving it! I've been using the rayon for about two months or more and have nothing bad to say about it.
I wick all my attys with the rayon now and as a bonus it has helped to eliminate the leaking from my KF clone.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone interested in trying this should contact me. I'm sending out Rayon for only the cost of shipping.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the best part of rayon is the gunk buildup is significantly less than cotton..

all I use is vanilla custard and on regular cotton I had to change it out almost daily.. now I can go 3-4 days and it still tastes decent.

VU Sponsors