Become a Patron!

Cellucotton doubts

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
So I bought this gigantic box of cellucotton. Tried it several times and just couldn't get it right. Performance was way below expectations. So the giant box has been sitting there since. Went back to regular cotton balls.

Just last night I decided to give it another shot. Wicked my coils just tight enough to where I can slide the wick through the coil without moving the coil itself. Juiced that bad boy up and whoa! But here's where it gets better. Half way through the tank, which I'll admit seems to go a lot faster, I'm getting some of the densest vapor I've seen from a fogger and it tastes delicious!

Normally I don't endorse a product at all. I'm usually far behind the crowd anyways. If you haven't given cellucotton a shot you probably should. Especially if you're just using cotton. Only have to figure it out once.

For those interested, I'm running this stuff in a fogger v4 @ .8 ohms on top of a hana clone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I jumped on the CC train and I'm one of the rare ones who doesn't like it.

First I tried it in a dripper, and yes it wicked well, but damn the crackle and popping when firing drove me nuts, so then tried it in a fogger and a taifun, and it just tasted weird to me and didn't seem to wick very well for me. I only bought 10ft thank goodness, but it is not getting wasted, I am using it in my wife's protank coils and she seems to like it, but after my 4-5 attempts with it, I am sticking with my organic cotton.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loving the cellucotton, though I'm only on my first RDA build.

Nailz, the rayon only comes in a 500' monster box, the smaller packages are just regular cotton. I'm getting my rayon from the big box to hold twice the juice as boiled cotton with drastically reduced snap/crackle/pop, and flavor is as good if not better than the cotton I've used for the last few months...

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, there are actually boxes that look just like the one I got that don't contain 100% cellulocotton. Even some that contain none at all.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a bigger thread on here about wicking materials where someone has a 500' pack and a 10' pack posted, and you can clearly see where one is labeled rayon (what we're calling "cellucotton") and the other ("Cellucotton" brand) states that its contents are normal cotton.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the 10ft boxes I saw in Sally's were actually cotton, not rayon. Confusing, because they're called the same, and the boxes are the same colors! I have a 500ft box, which is a good thing, because I'm set for life :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the 10' bags are no good. I may have to buy the 500' box eventually, but my wife stole enough (with apparent employee blessing) over the weekend that we're set for a while...

Wife to Sally Beauty Supply clerk: Do you have any Cellucotton?
Clerk starts helping another customer.
Wait. Find Cellucotton rayon on our own, notice an open 500' box. Clerk finishes helping other patron.
Me: Excuse me, do you have any unopened boxes of the Cellucotton?
Clerk looks at man, computes that men do not belong in Sally's, proceeds to begin helping another customer.
Wife unrolls about 5' out of open box, rips, stuffs in purse. Clerk watches.
Me: Thanks for your time!
Exit, stage left.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't use anything else at this point.. I have 2 packs of the Cotton Bacon and I don't think it will even get used.. CC FTW!

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I jumped on the CC train and I'm one of the rare ones who doesn't like it.

First I tried it in a dripper, and yes it wicked well, but damn the crackle and popping when firing drove me nuts, so then tried it in a fogger and a taifun, and it just tasted weird to me and didn't seem to wick very well for me. I only bought 10ft thank goodness, but it is not getting wasted, I am using it in my wife's protank coils and she seems to like it, but after my 4-5 attempts with it, I am sticking with my organic cotton.

Did you buy it at sallys? If ya did I am pretty sure the 10' bag is actually cotton and not cellucotton. Thats what the 10' bags at my local sallys were. a blue bag with 100% cotton. Also if its crackling and popping it means you did not add enough if its actual cellucotton. You have to wick it a little different from cotton.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought mine from a local vape shop in town here, as didn't want to buy a massive box to try it.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also guys, don't worry about buying the reinforced kind of rayon.. all it means is theres a strip of paper in the middle.. just have to remove it and its exactly the same.. took me FOREVER trying to figure out the difference because I got the wrong kind

VU Sponsors