Become a Patron!

Chairman Johnson Demands Further Answers from FDA on E-Cigarette Regulations

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Further? Did I miss them answering something somewhere?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Further? Did I miss them answering something somewhere?

Yes they apparently did give him a very incomplete answer, also said their usual "we just don't know," and this latest letter to the FDA basically says, well maybe you need to find out before you try to regulate!

So the timetable has now moved to July 29.

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the FDA felt they needed to run circles around him, they would have done so by now.

It's like a small dog barking at a big dog.
The small dog lacks the teeth to do anything, so the big dog just ignores him.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If the FDA felt they needed to run circles around him, they would have done so by now.

It's like a small dog barking at a big dog.
The small dog lacks the teeth to do anything, so the big dog just ignores him.
So now the FDA is the big dog and the federal government is a lap dog??

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So now the FDA is the big dog and the federal government is a lap dog??
One angry Senator does not the "federal government" make.

If a majority of the Congress felt the way Senator Johnson does, they could easily introduce and pass a bill that amends the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act to remove the FDA's authority to regulate vapor products, or require them to come up with a more reasonably regulatory scheme.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

If a majority of the Congress felt the way Senator Johnson does, they could easily introduce and pass a bill that amends the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act to remove the FDA's authority to regulate vapor products, or require them to come up with a more reasonably regulatory scheme.

There's more than one congress critter angry about all this, but I'd guess that Sen. Johnson has the biggest teeth, being chairman of that committee. I think the FDA may find that they've bitten off more than they can chew. But it will take some time, because none of those gov't asshats move at any speed faster than a glacier.

Andria

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

But he isn't just an angry senator. He is the chairman of the committee that oversees the workings of the federal government, he has subpoena power, so if he really wanted answers, he could get them

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But he isn't just an angry senator. He is the chairman of the committee that oversees the workings of the federal government, he has subpoena power, so if he really wanted answers, he could get them

And I do believe he WILL get them, and will force the FDA to get it right or not do it at all... but as I said, it's gonna take some time. All the gov't shit is like watching paint dry.

Andria

VU Sponsors