Charlie Cox Believes There’s More Daredevil and Kingpin in the MCU’s Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Daredevil star Charlie Cox thinks his time with Kingpin is far from over.

During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the 39-year-old Daredevil actor thinks he’ll cross paths with Wilson Fisk once more.

“I am imagining, I am hoping, that our worlds will collide again,” he said of his former co-star, Vincent D’Onofrio. “Because the stuff we’ve done in the past was tremendous fun to do, and he’s such an incredible actor. We have to start every conversation with, ‘What do you know?’ because you have to be careful. It’s really exciting.”

The last time we saw Daredevil and Kingpin together on screen was in Daredevil Season 3 when the Man Without Fear finally managed to take down Wilson Fisk once and for all. It was the culmination of an incredible show. But now, with both of them returning to the MCU, it looks as though we could see them go head-to-head once again.

“Look, I don’t have any idea what anyone’s plans are at this stage,” explained Cox. “But I presume there’s more for us to do.” However, he then confessed: “I know a little bit — not a huge amount — but a little bit.”

Marvel boss Kevin Feige confirmed that Charlie Cox would return as Daredevil in the MCU before the iconic superhero made a surprise cameo in Spider-Man: No Way Home. But the day before No Way Home opened in theaters, we saw Fisk return. Vincent D’Onofrio reprised his role as Kingpin in the hit TV show, Hawkeye. But after the season finale saw Echo seemingly gunning Fisk down, it looks as though we’ll have to cross our fingers for the Kingpin’s safe return.

After all, even D’Onofrio himself claims to not know Kingpin's fate.

“I hope he didn’t die,” said D’Onofrio. “I’m with the fans, I want to keep playing this part. My hope is that we continue.”

If he does, it might not be long before he gets to take on his old nemesis again. Meanwhile, Charlie Cox might have to bite his lip for a little longer.

“I hate lying,” said Cox about his No Way Home cameo. “But I really don’t want to ruin it for anyone. My feeling is, if someone asks you, and you say, ‘I don’t know … We’ll have to wait and see.’ That gives it away! It’s obvious! No one is going to say that if you’re not in it. I am relieved it’s over.”

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors