Charlie Cox Confirms Daredevil Will Be Back in the MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warning: This article contains spoilers for Hawkeye and Spider-Man: No Way Home!

Daredevil star Charlie Cox has confirmed that he will return as Daredevil again. Regarding his cameo in Spider-Man: No Way Home, Cox said that he'd heard about huge cinema reactions, but didn't get one when he watched the movie.

During an interview with Radio Times, the 39-year-old Marvel superhero confirmed that will suit up as the Man Without Fear for the MCU, but wouldn't divulge in what, or when:

“I know something,” he said. “I don't know much, but I know there will be something else.”

Quite what that “something else” will be is a mystery, but Cox has previously hinted that there could be another face-off with Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin in his future. “Look, I don’t have any idea what anyone’s plans are at this stage,” he explained earlier this month. “But I presume there’s more for us to do.”

Recently, Marvel boss Kevin Feige confirmed that Charlie Cox would return as Daredevil. Then, shortly after this, Cox made a surprise cameo in Spider-Man: No Way Home.

However, while many audiences went wild for Cox’s return as Matt Murdock, he didn’t get to see the surprised gasps himself.

“It's funny, I got so many text messages and so many calls about that moment in the cinema,” he said. “My nephew sent me a recording of everyone cheering. So, I snuck into a movie theater near where I live and literally stood in the corridor... and, sadly, my experience was it was dead f**king quiet!”

“I was so disappointed,” he added. “My wife was with me and she was recording me, because it'd be fun to have that moment of everyone cheering, and then... tumbleweed!"

Clearly, there are plans to get Charlie Cox’s Daredevil back into the MCU. What those plans are, remains a mystery.

However, with Vincent D’Onofrio reprising his role as Kingpin in the hit TV show, Hawkeye, it looks as though Marvel is assembling all the pieces for a big Daredevil comeback.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors