Check Out The First Official Pic of Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al Yankovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Here's your first (official) look at Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al Yankovic. The actor is set to play the legendary parody musician and polka fiend in The Roku Channel's upcoming biopic.

Originally reported by People, the image shows Radcliffe as a relatively younger version of Yankovic (presumably the 80's, judging from the clothing and hair) performing on an accordion.

"Wearing the Hawaiian shirt is a huge responsibility that I don't take lightly, and I'm honored to finally share with the world the absolutely 100 percent unassailably true story of Weird Al's depraved and scandalous life," Radcliffe said in a statement.

WEIRD: The Weird Al Yankovic Story will follow Yankovic's life from early hits like "Eat It" to his rise to Grammy-winning status. Yankovic shared the photo of Radcliffe on his official Twitter, jokingly claiming that Radcliffe was a rabid superfan who had snuck onto set.

“When my last movie UHF came out in 1989, I made a solemn vow to my fans that I would release a major motion picture every 33 years, like clockwork. I’m very happy to say we’re on schedule,” Yankovic joked in a statement when the film was first announced. “And I am absolutely thrilled that Daniel Radcliffe will be portraying me in the film. I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the role future generations will remember him for.”

The biopic is being written by Yankovic and Eric Appel, who directed Son of Zorn and the Funny or Die mini-doc about the life of Yankovic. The film is being produced by Funny or Die.

Joseph Knoop is a writer/producer/polka king for IGN.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors