Become a Patron!

Check the Prices!! EDUCATE YOURSELF

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I joined Vaping Underground to learn more about vaping and to meet like minded people. I am a novice in many ways and have learned a lot by reading the information contained in these pages. I would like to caution anyone about to buy anything, CHECK THE PRICES. I have almost purchased used items at prices higher than I can buy them new for. Just go to Google or to Vape Crawler. It takes a second and can save you money. I think we want to trust other members not to take advantage of us and I too am a capitalist so I don't begrudge anyone trying to make as much money as they can. Just educate yourself before making a purchase.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I joined Vaping Underground to learn more about vaping and to meet like minded people. I am a novice in many ways and have learned a lot by reading the information contained in these pages. I would like to caution anyone about to buy anything, CHECK THE PRICES. I have almost purchased used items at prices higher than I can buy them new for. Just go to Google or to Vape Crawler. It takes a second and can save you money. I think we want to trust other members not to take advantage of us and I too am a capitalist so I don't begrudge anyone trying to make as much money as they can. Just educate yourself before making a purchase.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the life lesson

I must have a talk with my parents on the subject of due diligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And then you join the ranks of high end mods where everyone up charges because they bought all the shit and have control of the supply and demand.
I saw your issue and completely understand. Price checking is a must. To me though it's just money and the right price is whatever you're willing to pay. Sometimes selling used is a hard bite to swallow when you paid 90 and everyone is selling them for 40 now.

Happened with and Armageddon squonk. Brand new was 90+. Then 6-7 months later were shoving them out the door for 20. How can someone who paid 90 ever justify selling it for 20. So try for 50 and if that's the right price for someone, done deal. I know I've overpaid for stuff.
But here shipping is included and I'm always down to help someone get there next new shiny item, or help fix their car, or help with medical bills because their wife has cancer. That's why I would pay extra from here. But that's also why I'm the #2 trader here. Because it's family. And as long as the stuff is in condition stated. Noone ever has an issue usually.
I'm definitely down to help people here more than Element vape or anything from China.
Honestly didn't mean for this to be a book. And hope no offense is taken. Just giving my experience. But price checking is a must. You're correct.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
And then you join the ranks of high end mods where everyone up charges because they bought all the shit and have control of the supply and demand.
I saw your issue and completely understand. Price checking is a must. To me though it's just money and the right price is whatever you're willing to pay. Sometimes selling used is a hard bite to swallow when you paid 90 and everyone is selling them for 40 now.

Happened with and Armageddon squonk. Brand new was 90+. Then 6-7 months later were shoving them out the door for 20. How can someone who paid 90 ever justify selling it for 20. So try for 50 and if that's the right price for someone, done deal. I know I've overpaid for stuff.
But here shipping is included and I'm always down to help someone get there next new shiny item, or help fix their car, or help with medical bills because their wife has cancer. That's why I would pay extra from here. But that's also why I'm the #2 trader here. Because it's family. And as long as the stuff is in condition stated. Noone ever has an issue usually.
I'm definitely down to help people here more than Element vape or anything from China.
Honestly didn't mean for this to be a book. And hope no offense is taken. Just giving my experience. But price checking is a must. You're correct.

Well said brother.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, it can happen, someone overprices their items, hoping to get back as much as possible, maybe for an item they rarely even used. Maybe not.

What also happens, is people go looking for items, only to discover that it's no longer available, then see it for sale by a forum member and are still willing to pay close to retail because of that. From the seller's end, they're dealing with listing, packaging, mailing and footing the bill on the shipping. Many VU sellers are charging less than a vendor would for shipping, too. Most Traders, we're all familiar with, anyway, so we know how they treat their gear.

I've gotten items from vendors that look like there were used, some not even wrapped in cellophane. Having to deal with returning items ends up costing more than buying a used item at close to retail. If I see something I want that is way overpriced, I simply don't buy it, or wait and see it they're willing to take less.

Vapecrawler and Google may show you a vendor's retail price, maybe even for less than what a Trader is asking. Ever go to Vapcrawler and Google, then click on every item in the list, only to find "Out of Stock"? Happens all the time. Those are not always updated. Here, I know what I'm getting, and what I'm willing to pay. I've never had a deal at VU go sideways.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Vapecrawler and Google may show you a vendor's retail price, maybe even for less than what a Trader is asking. Ever go to Vapcrawler and Google, then click on every item in the list, only to find "Out of Stock"? Happens all the time. Those are not always updated. Here, I know what I'm getting, and what I'm willing to pay. I've never had a deal at VU go sideways.

Amen to this

While nothing outrages me more than seeing someone selling something on VU for say $50 that I know damn good and well is still for sale at $55, it gets my goat

Usually I say nothing unless I see someone about to bite - I simply PM them and give them the scoop. Often, they don't care, believe it or not

On the flip side, I also see nothing wrong with trying to get the best price for your used items

I own several pieces that are now going for double what they did new

I own several pieces that I got, thinking they would not lose much value if I didn't like it, only to have as Mr Meowgi stated: the manufacturer dumps inventory, making it not worth selling at all online

Also, sometimes it seems like someone is way overcharging for a piece, but it may come with extras that are expensive or hard to get. Heck, even something as stupid as a rare color can up the going price

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have overpaid here on vu from time to time. Maybe the seller was in a jam and needed fundsto pay 4 some unexpected life . Other times i could get it for less if i was willing to wait for shipping from china.
And i also have gotten some pretty killer deals that left me saying"holly shit..i cant believe i just got that for dirt cheap". I have also gotten gear for free. And given gear for free. Overall i have saved shit tons on gear here which has allowed me to have the collection i do.
I consider many members here my vape family. Family takes care of family and watches out for one another.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’ve spanned the spectrum like WB just said.
the bottom line is that something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

truth is, if it weren’t for VU I wouldn’t have 90 percent of my gear. I have Champaign tastes in a beer budget, the members here have allowed me to have that. So much so that I know good and well, what conditions something will be in based on who I’ve gotten it from

thing is, we really are a family here. Members have put together care packages for service members over seas, given advice, given gear to those that were either deciding to try vaping for the first time, or fallen on hard times.

there have only been one two times in recent memory that I can think of someone getting burned on a deal here. That says a lot considering we don’t have a check and balance system like some other forums. The members here truly have each other’s backs.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
...Or you join that which you wrongfully assume are the ranks of high end mods and then you keep crying incessantly while obsessively continuing your refusal to accept that your wrong assumption is wrong because, instead of joining them, you merely join their ugly parking lot that's in front of their locked gate that also is completely soundproof, just so all the useless crying doesn't bother their ears. The non fake ranks of high end mods rarely sell anything outside their own well-hidden private communities where strict rules are very heavily very actively being enforced and new members either aren't allowed to join that easily or are no longer being accepted in any way at all so, filling out a simple questionnaire won't suffice to be able to get in─regardless of whether you assume that it will.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
and I'm always down to help someone get there next new shiny item, or help fix their car, or help with medical bills because their wife has cancer.
...Or try to sell a regulated mod to a person who is asking for an unregulated mod─like you tried a few days ago.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...Or try to sell a regulated mod to a person who is asking for an unregulated mod─like you tried a few days ago.
Oh the regulated series mod. It was still series and a dual 18650 and a 25mm. So 3 out of 4 of what he wanted ain't bad. You could've offered your baphomet. But I feel the Hex is safer for someone who may or may not know ohms law.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...Or you join that which you wrongfully assume are the ranks of high end mods and then you keep crying incessantly while obsessively continuing your refusal to accept that your wrong assumption is wrong because, instead of joining them, you merely join their ugly parking lot that's in front of their locked gate that also is completely soundproof, just so all the useless crying doesn't bother their ears. The non fake ranks of high end mods rarely sell anything outside their own well-hidden private communities where strict rules are very heavily very actively being enforced and new members either aren't allowed to join that easily or are no longer being accepted in any way at all so, filling out a simple questionnaire won't suffice to be able to get in─regardless of whether you assume that it will.
Once again your a window shopper too. Whah Whah. I'm crying. Cry with homedawg. Your in the parking lot too. If you ain't buying first hand from the man you ain't shit in hitlers back yard.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm glad this is a noob's thread, because if it wasn't, I'm afraid I'd just really show my ass right now.

I broke my own rule, so I deserve to be feeling the way I do, but I'm not going there in a new person's thread. He deserves better.

And with that, down comes the curtain again. One of these days, I'll learn.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad this is a noob's thread, because if it wasn't, I'm afraid I'd just really show my ass right now.

I broke my own rule, so I deserve to be feeling the way I do, but I'm not going there in a new person's thread. He deserves better.

And with that, down comes the curtain again. One of these days, I'll learn.
Yea it sucks for sure. From the mod he was looking for it may not be a noob but definitely a new member I'm sure will be deterred from coming back. Sorry about my end. I hate having to defend my stuff to someone so much better than all of us noobs.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yea it sucks for sure. From the mod he was looking for it may not be a noob but definitely a new member I'm sure will be deterred from coming back. Sorry about my end. I hate having to defend my stuff to someone so much better than all of us noobs.

He has to come here to feel superior because the real big boys won't have him

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The audacity of people like this guy to assume we are retards.

Sounds more like butt hurt and entitlement than "overpricing".
  • You wanted to buy something that you want but don't need in order to sustain your life
  • Someone listed it at a price that would not allow you to save money or save very little
  • You got butt hurt and started bickering with the seller (which is your prerogative, but seriously?)
  • Seller tells you in a polite manner to go pound sand (which he had ever right to do)
  • You got butt hurt again (not surprising), so...
In an attempt to save face via virtue signalling you...
  • Claim your a capitalist (but I know what you really are, your ilk are all the same)
  • tell us how all we ignorant fools must
    • use this nifty little thing called the internet,
    • to search for prices on this nifty little site called google and
    • use a poorly-updated, clunky site called vapecrawler that lists only a handful of offers on the market.
  • and in doing so you insult the intelligence of everyone who already knows what you have obviously jsut figured out yourelf, that you must do your own research and MORE IMPORTANTLY you must make your own decisions.
We already knooooooooooow how to use the internet, dude, WE ARE HERE!
And I suspect most of us have probably been online longer than you've been wiping your own ass.

You don't like the price? Don't buy it.
You find it cheaper or a better deal brand new? Buy that instead.

Are you mentally incapable of understanding that? Perhaps WE should be insulting and guiding YOU.

F.F.S!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
bit harsh? ?

I’m waiting for the link to appear personally

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh the regulated series mod. It was still series and a dual 18650 and a 25mm. So 3 out of 4 of what he wanted ain't bad. You could've offered your baphomet. But I feel the Hex is safer for someone who may or may not know ohms law.

Sneaky little one, aintcha? Always trying to come up with SOME excuse... this whole thread is about not getting fooled by people like you, as the asking price may have been nonetheless fair, but it's still the main principle that counts, which is that one needs to educate oneself for protection against you. ???

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Once again your a window shopper too. Whah Whah. I'm crying. Cry with homedawg. Your in the parking lot too. If you ain't buying first hand from the man you ain't shit in hitlers back yard.

Oh but you see, I don't sit here crying about what happens in the parking lot. That's the whole point: unlike people like you, I educated myself enough to know the simple fact that there is going to be a difference between rimjobs happening outside in the parking lot and strict rules being enforced in private groups that are kept forever closed to people like you who just whine and who treat others like dirt making up excuses like you do. The privacy and the strict rules are to protect theirself against crying scum. The crying scum is you. Knowing that this is so can be very educational indeed... and the first step toward learning about the true value of an item.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. Too funny. Noone was even crying about your parking lot excursions. I said nothing of high end crying in this thread. You decided to follow me here and suggest that I was. I was talking about the flippers of the "lower" end groups. You know the only ones you can get into.

And yes it is hard to reach your moms basement with my tears. She does have a nice house.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I said nothing of high end crying in this thread.
That's what I said. You said something of joining that which you wrongfully assume are the ranks of high end mods... there's a big difference.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If given the choice between buying an item here at a slightly higher price and helping out VU member or saving a little while linning the pockets of a Chinese corp. I will spend my money here every time. Off topic at this late date but my opinion none the less. Peace and love to all.
Rick

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I will, too, within reason. Depends who the member is, though, and how well they take care of their stuff.

Sometimes people we don't know from Adam want to dump their entire collection here, at damn near retail, and stuff's all beat up or nasty, or it's old as dirt. Not doing that. Also not paying double for something - people have to realize that if they jump on a new model of something as soon as it comes out, they're going to pay through the nose for it. They get ready to sell, the retail price is now half of the new-model price, and I'm not the impatient one who hadda have something as soon as it came out.

Might make some difference to me if I knew someone had a personal emergency and really needed the money, but otherwise, I figure their impatience is on them, just like mine would be, if I'd been the impatient one.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do tend to only deal with people I know and trust. You know who you are. I for personal reasons do not do PP. So in most cases when I pay cash for something I use Moneygram or USPS money order. So I pay up front. I have to know the seller so they do not just keep my hard earned cash. You know it happens.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
bit harsh? ?

It was meant to be. I cannot tell a lie.

I’m waiting for the link to appear personally

Well, I won't provide a link, but I'll provide a picture for a useful product. OP can use this google thing he speaks of to make sure he's getting the best "honest" price. OP will probably make virtue post about me if I link him to a higher price than he can find. :giggle:

Bh2gjzQCQAEjkyt.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never been fond of those who tend to sell off stuff overpriced or use the shit out of it then feel they'll just recoup what they spent for it. Vaping isn't the only realm it happens in, happens with pc's too a lot of times. It becomes a game for them. Buy a mod for $80, use it for 3mo, sell it for $80. Buy a new mod for $70-90, use it for 3mo and sell it for the same price. Rinse and repeat. So they're always using a new device and essentially vaping for free.

It might be frustrating for people who paid $90 new and now it's $30. Like was mentioned, if you gotta have it immediately you pay the price for it. Not sure why people act confused like what? It's used or it's on the market cheaper which means the value of my stuffs went down? Assuming these are all adults. They should already know that it's part of life. Buy a brand new car, drive it off the lot, depreciation. Tech moves so fast and becomes surpassed by a newer better model in a short period of time, value usually goes down. Even intel don't see to grasp that, always trying to sell last gen's chips for $230 while the latest more improved version is selling for $175.

Of course people are right, something's only worth whatever another is willing to pay for it. And if they are, fantastic. Just not trying to be a sucker and keep scammers in their brand new mods at little to no cost to them like some sort of vape welfare program. And by scammer I'm not talking people who try to sell an odin claiming it's the dna250c and you end up getting the proprietary chip model or anything. But really when they keep flipping shit they're running a scam to stay in new gear with no real out of pocket. People selling stuff try to justify it like "it's only $60". So my response to that is I buy it new on discount for $15-20 and when they wonder why I didn't buy their used stuff my answer is 'don't worry, it was only $60 you didn't get'. :p

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've never been fond of those who tend to sell off stuff overpriced or use the shit out of it then feel they'll just recoup what they spent for it. Vaping isn't the only realm it happens in, happens with pc's too a lot of times. It becomes a game for them. Buy a mod for $80, use it for 3mo, sell it for $80. Buy a new mod for $70-90, use it for 3mo and sell it for the same price. Rinse and repeat. So they're always using a new device and essentially vaping for free.

It might be frustrating for people who paid $90 new and now it's $30. Like was mentioned, if you gotta have it immediately you pay the price for it. Not sure why people act confused like what? It's used or it's on the market cheaper which means the value of my stuffs went down? Assuming these are all adults. They should already know that it's part of life. Buy a brand new car, drive it off the lot, depreciation. Tech moves so fast and becomes surpassed by a newer better model in a short period of time, value usually goes down. Even intel don't see to grasp that, always trying to sell last gen's chips for $230 while the latest more improved version is selling for $175.

Of course people are right, something's only worth whatever another is willing to pay for it. And if they are, fantastic. Just not trying to be a sucker and keep scammers in their brand new mods at little to no cost to them like some sort of vape welfare program. And by scammer I'm not talking people who try to sell an odin claiming it's the dna250c and you end up getting the proprietary chip model or anything. But really when they keep flipping shit they're running a scam to stay in new gear with no real out of pocket. People selling stuff try to justify it like "it's only $60". So my response to that is I buy it new on discount for $15-20 and when they wonder why I didn't buy their used stuff my answer is 'don't worry, it was only $60 you didn't get'. :p
It isn't necessarily always about "if you gotta have it immediately", though. A lot of the stuff I have was sold out everywhere, forever permanently, a very long time before they stood a reasonable chance to even THINK about offering a discount of any kind so, depending on what exactly it is you are looking for, limited availability can drive the price up a lot... there exist old vinyl LPs from The Beatles that sell happily for around a thousand bucks because we live in a capitalist world that turns, and that isn't going to stop turning over the fact there are enough people who wouldn't offer $60 for a suitcase filled with these very rare vinyl records in mint condition. The thing about price is that the argument almost always swings both ways. It also is why there exist private communities for expensive transactions like that. Too much crying over $60 always ruins the sound of the treble when you're busy trying to listen to an audiophile quality music album of course.

VU Sponsors